BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

40 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Is the poster who said he didn't want to sign 31 year olds now saying 'and?' to a poster pointing out that Downing is 5 years younger than the 31 year old we are currently linked with?

Radio Rental. 

Thats Chaddy for you...one week he doesnt want 31-year olds, the next (cos we linked to one) we are judging the player.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Later in transfer window 500k + add ons.

After seeing the posh chairman’s tweets, perhaps my glass half full attitude is telling me that we’ve almost signed Marcus Maddison. Either that or the 4 cans of Red Stripe...! 

I have asked:- Peterborough chairman 3 times, Richard Sharpe twice and Nixon twice about Maddison sand none have replied!!

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

I have asked:- Peterborough chairman 3 times, Richard Sharpe twice and Nixon twice about Maddison sand none have replied!!

Conspiracy.. posh chairman replies to any fan about his players including maddinson exepct for rovers..  and not even Nixon or Sharpe will reply 

Maddinson to rovers confirmed 

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Conspiracy.. posh chairman replies to any fan about his players including maddinson exepct for rovers..  and not even Nixon or Sharpe will reply 

Maddinson to rovers confirmed 

Would love that to be the case. He looks a player. Him and Armstrong/Chapman back and we start to look so much stronger.

26 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Is the poster who said he didn't want to sign 31 year olds now saying 'and?' to a poster pointing out that Downing is 5 years younger than the 31 year old we are currently linked with?

Radio Rental. 

Such is his steely determination to praise everyrhing that does or doesn't happen at Ewood atm I think Chaddy would say it was a good move if we were linked with a triple swoop for  Danny Murphy, Leon Best and Chris Brown and we turned down Messi on loan with Barca paying 95% of his wages on the basis he's too old at 31.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roverstdt said:

So breath and chill you may be pleasantly surprised but at least wait until September before panicking!

So is it alright to panic when September comes round, bearing in mind TM stressed the benefits of getting his transfer business done "early"?

Please let us know.

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't understand this "the squad is so much better than when we went down" argument.

The rump of this squad took us Down. The argument seems to me to be based solely on the assumption that the likes of Raya Smallwood and Dack will be so much better than Steele Lowe and what we had before etc we'll be ok. 

That may well turn out to be true but  it's placing a massive burden on Dack in particular. Up front Conway and Graham are both 2 years older than the last time they took us down and I'd say Samuel and Nuttall are even weaker options than Gallagher and Emnes who both looked decent at various points.

TBF Coyle took us down. With the same squad TM would keep us up.

But I agree with the sentiments you're expressing---its not ambition is it?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed on Wilson and Woodburn being more difficult to sign as they are highly thought of but id like us to show a bit of ambition and make a push for both. Some of the clubs linked include the likes of Sheffield United so i dont think they are necessarily unobtainable. Youre right though, no chance of a permanent deal.

Wilson in paticular would be an excellent loan signing.

I really would love us to sign Maddison and a decent striker.

I'm a big Danny Graham fan but have my doubts he will stay fit and playing 3 games in a week will be too much for him most likely.We can't be going into the season with only Samuel and Nuttall as cover for Graham.

I'm relaxed about the situation though as I think we will make signings but hopefully we can at least get a couple in the next week to.10 days

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Fisher is good enough. 

If he was looking at keeper why not look at Boaz Myhill who is experience 35 years old keeper and is without a club aswell

how do you know he isn't good enough if you haven't seen the player? 

I haven't seen Davenport play live. looking forward to seeing him against Liverpool on Thursday. I have read and watch some videos of him. Like what Ive seen but want to see him live 1st. 

Dack is on a longer contract first and doesn't have 12 months left on his contract. 

I don't come on here to wind anyone up. I am here talking Rovers and football. so please stop lying and making things up. I will say this once more I am here to talk Rovers and football topics not personal topics. I don't come on here to wind anyone up. 

6 goals in 24 championship games. 

why would Kent be less than ideal? played Championship before and he got good reviews during his spell at Barnsley 

have Nelson or Sims ever play at this level? 

I would prefer Kent over Maddison

Thanks for that info. 

I would have no problem with us having 2 loan players out of our 6 summer signings. I don't see what your problem is with that

no chance of Wilson or Woodburn coming us. Not saying I would like them but realistic I don't see them coming here. 

decent shout. linked with Milwall and from what Ive read he is close to joining them

I don't see us paying 2.5 million pounds up front. do you?

more BS there REV

Not looking for an argument with you or criticizing your opinion but can I ask why you would prefer to sign Kent on loan ahead of Maddison?

What is it you don't like about Maddison?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Fisher is good enough. 

If he was looking at keeper why not look at Boaz Myhill who is experience 35 years old keeper and is without a club aswell

how do you know he isn't good enough if you haven't seen the player? 

I haven't seen Davenport play live. looking forward to seeing him against Liverpool on Thursday. I have read and watch some videos of him. Like what Ive seen but want to see him live 1st. 

Dack is on a longer contract first and doesn't have 12 months left on his contract. 

I don't come on here to wind anyone up. I am here talking Rovers and football. so please stop lying and making things up. I will say this once more I am here to talk Rovers and football topics not personal topics. I don't come on here to wind anyone up. 

6 goals in 24 championship games. 

why would Kent be less than ideal? played Championship before and he got good reviews during his spell at Barnsley 

have Nelson or Sims ever play at this level? 

I would prefer Kent over Maddison

Thanks for that info. 

I would have no problem with us having 2 loan players out of our 6 summer signings. I don't see what your problem is with that

no chance of Wilson or Woodburn coming us. Not saying I would like them but realistic I don't see them coming here. 

decent shout. linked with Milwall and from what Ive read he is close to joining them

I don't see us paying 2.5 million pounds up front. do you?

most BS there REV

Maybe you arent trying to wind people up and are just not reading my posts properly.

I never said he isnt good enough! My main point is, "trust Mowbray" or "dont judge players before they sign" are not at all valid arguments. People are making judgements and are understandably skeptical about a 31 year old relegated journeyman. Just as they are excited about a player whose signed who was highly rated at city and did well last year. People will make judgements, some positive, some negative, deal with it.

Still Charltons perogative to want as much as they see fit for a key player under contract. If someone bid 100k for Mulgrew and we said no would that also be out of order?

Never said Kent is less than ideal. I said less ideal than Wilson who did so well at Hull and Woodburn who has looked quality when i have seen him both for club and country. Both players are linked with similar sized clubs so id like to see us also at least try for them rather than settle for someone due to a lack of interest elsewhere.

Thats not a good goal record.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

we need a back up centre back not a first team choice one. People have asked for experience centre back and we been linked with one and people moaned. who are we expecting? 

we are after 4 more players in. expecting these to be 1 centre back, 1/2 wingers, 1 striker 

and?

why not trust the manager and stop pre judging players we haven't see play much like Downing was. He was written off by some when he signed here. 

Antonsson barley played since January and Chapman barely played more than a third of the season. and Armstrong replace Antonsson in January in the team. So its barely more 1 player tbh. 

I agree we need a winger or 2 but these have to be the right players. 

Mowbray has said he wants 4 more. 2 permanent and 2 loans signings. 

How many championship clubs have signed more than 2 players then?

Ive been saying this that the fee Charlton want is unacceptable and a joke tbh

I think we will sign a couple of players permanently for a million each

I've heard it almost agree between Dack and the club

I don't think we are after Maddison at all. just my opinion. 

Aaaargh chaddy what the hell are you on.....few weeks ago you were screaming about being against signing 30 odd year old players

Just now, islander200 said:

Not looking for an argument with you or criticizing your opinion but can I ask why you would prefer to sign Kent on loan ahead of Maddison?

What is it you don't like about Maddison?

Kent has skills and tricky plus has championship experience in the past. He impress me when he played against Rovers twice in the season 16/17 for Barnsley

Maddison hasn't got the championship experience and can I say for the record I have never post that I don't like him. so that's is incorrect information. 

If we did sign Maddison I wouldn't be unhappy at all but could he step up and the for the money we would be paying we would need him to

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Maybe you aren't trying to wind people up and are just not reading my posts properly.

Never said Kent is less than ideal. I said less ideal than Wilson who did so well at Hull and Woodburn who has looked quality when i have seen him both for club and country. Both players are linked with similar sized clubs so id like to see us also at least try for them rather than settle for someone due to a lack of interest elsewhere.

Let me say this again I am here to talk Rovers and football topics. so please stop implying so. 

Has Woodburn ever played in the championship? 

Why would you just try for the sake off to sign a player when its unlikely we could sign them? seems like a waste of time to myself. I expect Wilson to go to Rangers on loan shortly. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kent has skills and tricky plus has championship experience in the past. He impress me when he played against Rovers twice in the season 16/17 for Barnsley

Maddison hasn't got the championship experience and can I say for the record I have never post that I don't like him. so that's is incorrect information. 

If we did sign Maddison I wouldn't be unhappy at all but could he step up and the for the money we would be paying we would need him to

I do think he can step up Chaddy he is at a good age , he has just had a great season and he could prove to be a great signing.

It's relatively cheap compared to some other players being sold.

I do rate Kent but he did have a very poor year last year and if Liverpool do put penalty clauses in his deal where we have to pay x amount if he doesn't play could end up costing a tidy sum if he shows the form he had last year.

Like Maddison has looked talented whenever iv seen him but granted I have a life so I don't watch 90 minutes of peterboro unless playing rovers so I don't know what he has been like over 90 but his stats are very impressive

I wouldn't be against signing Kent but only if we can't get someone decent on a permanent deal first like Maddison...we take Kent on loan and if he has an ok but not spectacular season we might get Liverpool to sell him but if he does have a great season they will probably take him back and either give him a chance there (doubtful)or sell him to a team who can afford to pay more than us 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Youre putting too much importance on experience within the division, yet dont care that our new signings have less than 20 games at this level between them? 

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just had a quick scan through and I found 15 Championship clubs that have brought in more than 2 players so far this window. Also we are a newly promoted team so we are going to need to add a few more as we will be playing a much higher standard of opposition this season. I still think that we need 2 wingers, centre forward, a centre half and a right back & we only have 26 days now to achieve this in.

Liked the comment, then had to unlike when I got to the right back part. Strongly disagree.

As this is the first time the season will start after the transfer window closes - it’s impossible to know how it will impact the market and especially the utilisation of the loan window, which closes 31st of August I think. I can see lots of business done August 5th-9th, across the leagues.

I can see us adding 2/3 loans that will compliment the squad, late into August. Might not be a bad thing either, because players who cannot get into first team squads, but cannot leave permenantly, will probably looking at loans. Should also have a better idea of our championship “strength” by then.

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

Trouble is we aren't at a 4th striker stage. We're in need of a 1st or at least 2nd striker. Samuel and Nuttall can be 3rd of 4th choice.

Well said that man (if you are a male)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let me say this again I am here to talk Rovers and football topics. so please stop implying so. 

Has Woodburn ever played in the championship? 

Why would you just try for the sake off to sign a player when its unlikely we could sign them? seems like a waste of time to myself. I expect Wilson to go to Rangers on loan shortly. 

You think juventus were 100% sure they could sign Ronaldo? Maybe they should have made all their signings so they were guaranteed to get them rather then taking a chance on s9meone good

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did i say this? 

Not directly. But you said about McFadzean, hes experienced, so "what more do people want."

Maddison, you turned your nose up but hes very similar to Dack. One of the proven very best players at League 1. Thus both youd think could handle the step up. Whereas Kent, presumably because you think its more likely, youve defended despite very limited success in his spells in the Championship.

Davenport and in particular Rothwell, if you was consistent in your posts, youd have flagged up a lack of Championship experience on their part. Obviously you havent as you are totally blindsided to anything like that. 

And to clarify, im not doubting Mowbray, im not being negative, this post is aimed at your flawed logic and not at Mowbray.

• Like 1