BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I cant see Mowbray panicking at all. think he will stick to his guns and not over pay for players

So what you are saying is that if the general price of players does not drop we will go into the season with what we've got? I also don't think Mowbray decides what we are paying. He will have given a wish list and a rough estimate of cost. The finance people will then take over.

I generally think we've misjudged the market and our buget is too low in today's market. If we had gone for Rhodes on loan for example our estimated budget would be blown on a player we did not own. 

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

So what you are saying is that if the general price of players does not drop we will go into the season with what we've got? I also don't think Mowbray decides what we are paying. He will have given a wish list and a rough estimate of cost. The finance people will then take over.

I generally think we've misjudged the market and our buget is too low in today's market. If we had gone for Rhodes on loan for example our estimated budget would be blown on a player we did not own. 

no I'm not. I think we get players in because Mowbray will have decisions to make.

3 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Mulgrew made a dumb mistake yesterday. He made a couple last season. Every player does. That doesn't make them dumb footballers. A silly generalisation. 

There are mistakes and dumb mistakes, that one against Preston was up there with the Matt Derbyshire v City clanger. That one only cost us two points but I don't think he ever kicked a ball for our first team again. The one against Preston was crucial to our survival.

He's an improvement on Nuttall , probably an improvement on Samuel but will he score enough goals to keep us up ? I doubt it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TruRover said:

There is also the possibility that a new club has come in for him. Will be interesting to see where he turns up. Fingers crossed.

Yes the chairman admitted that in the last 48 hours that Leeds have made bids for both Maddison and Marriott. 

Not sure why Nuttall is getting grief. Mowbray has to take the blame for how his season went. Being dropped for Samuel despite being in form ruined his confidence.

In his subsequent first team appearances he was half the player he was becoming in the U23s.

4 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Yes the chairman admitted that in the last 48 hours that Leeds have made bids for both Maddison and Marriott. 

Correct me if i'm wrong but he said they had had a bid from them but he didn't confirm if it was for Maddison or Marriot. Or am I remembering that wrong. I could defo see him ending up at Leeds tho, although I did expect them to use the foreign markets with there new manager and that.

edit - just found his tweet in response to a fan asking if leeds had bid for Maddison and Marriot.

Darragh MacAnthonyVerified account @DMAC102 18h18 hours ago

We have had bids for them again in last 18 hours but can’t confirm from who. Cheers ??

Edited by TruRover

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not sure why Nuttall is getting grief. Mowbray has to take the blame for how his season went. Being dropped for Samuel despite being in form ruined his confidence.

In his subsequent first team appearances he was half the player he was becoming in the U23s.

Two tap in does not represent being in form. His overall game wasn't up to scratch and his body language at times was just as poor as Samuel's. Granted did not see him in the under 23s but his first team performances were not upto scratch.

10 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Yes the chairman admitted that in the last 48 hours that Leeds have made bids for both Maddison and Marriott

19 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Where was that?  Its not on his twitter. All he has said is one club has made three bids for Marriott in last week and a team that wasnt in the Championship last year has met the release clause for Maddison but are trying to pay it in installments instead of upfront. So it wasn't Leeds. 

22 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but he said they had had a bid from them but he didn't confirm if it was for Maddison or Marriot. Or am I remembering that wrong. I could defo see him ending up at Leeds tho, although I did expect them to use the foreign markets with there new manager and that.

edit - just found his tweet in response to a fan asking if leeds had bid for Maddison and Marriot.

Darragh MacAnthonyVerified account @DMAC102 18h18 hours ago

We have had bids for them again in last 18 hours but can’t confirm from who. Cheers ??

Maddison to Rovers and Marriott to Leeds. Nixon exclusive tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Two tap in does not represent being in form. His overall game wasn't up to scratch and his body language at times was just as poor as Samuel's. Granted did not see him in the under 23s but his first team performances were not upto scratch.

Moot then

4 hours ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

How old are you? 

What has my age got to do with it? I am perfectly compos mentis with an IQ of 140. Only my knees and kidneys are feeling my age.:lol:

• Like 1