BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Tom said:

Rich says the link isn’t Maddison and isn’t anything to get too excited over - so not Chapman either.

Sounds like a loan

He really is a party pooper!! 

Did he actually use the phrase "isn't anything to get too excited over" It's probably not even a loan then. Be faulty harsh on the lad we are loaning if it is 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Tom said:

Rich says the link isn’t Maddison and isn’t anything to get too excited over - so not Chapman either.

Sounds like a loan

Which still doesn't mean we're not interested in. Every chance it could be happening 'off-grid'. Mowbray is on record as saying what a good footballer he is.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Chaddy. Do you honestly feel that Kent is a better player than Maddison, at this point in time, taking money completely out of the equation?

Please don't rehash why you rate Kent, I've seen every single point you've made about him. If you have something new to add, feel free, but otherwise I'm just asking for a yes or no answer.

I'm also curious if there is a reason you don't rate Maddison, apart from that he hasn't played in the Championship? Again, without considering the finances at all, and without comparing to Kent (let's assume Kent went elsewhere). Also, have you seen much of him? I will freely admit myself I haven't seen him, or if I did I don't remember.

Yes

No not of Maddison. Dont remember at all tbf. 

• Backroom
Just now, AdamRochina said:

Wow nothing to get excited about lol really said that? Wonder how the player linked would feel

I presume it’s in the face of people asking if it’s a big money move for Maddison, a loan wouldn’t be as exciting. Or a link to a deal rather than an actual signing.

Chapman more likely not to be coming back as well he says.

Feel we all need a bit of good news soon!

Edited by Tom

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have already said I would prefer Kent to Maddison. He brings experience of this league in 2 different spells and was Barnsley young player of the year in 2016/17 season. 

After speaking to some Liverpool fans who attend some under 23's games and watch pre season on LFC tv have nothing but good things to say. 

Mention Toney weeks ago on here. 

Wigan are rumoured to want rid of Cole after 6 months of buying him. Don't think he played much tbh

not a bad shout tbf. Target man. Not sure if he is still injured

I am fully aware that they are different positions but all depends on whether Armstrong signs, where Rothwell and Bennett plays, Kent signing here and what formation we used mainly. 

I don't think we have loads of money to spend. Plus @J*B mention what he heard about the budget. 

And you really think we have funds for both Armstrong and Maddison? 

Why do you place so much importance on experience in the league, when one of the 2 examples is of him massively failing? Makes no sense. By that logic, Akpan would be better than Dack. You cant use experience in your argument if its bad experience, as it was at Bristol City.

You are basically constantly trying to second guess the manager or the club to ensure that when we sign whoever we sign, you will undoubtedly be 100% positive. Has Mowbray signed anyone in his time here who, when he signed, you felt like we could do better, or you didnt agree with the signing? Out of curiosity. 

Mowbray spent well over a million last season on Dack, Samuel, Gladwin, Hart etc, therefore if we dont spend more than that, considering we are in a higher league, surely the fans have a right to ask why the club isnt being more ambitious, considering if we dont spend enough we are in risk of going down.

No one knows the budget, im not saying it is low, or high, we dont know. Id be disappointed if we didnt make at least 2 signings that are more significant and first team worthy than the 2 we have already signed for peanuts.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are looking at 2 loans deal and 2 more permanent signings so I don't see the problem or your negativity towards have 2 good loans if these are Kent and Gallagher. Newcastle need to sell before they buy so I would look to strike a deal for Armstrong as soon as possible. around 1 to 1.5 million pounds bid so be enough to secure a deal. But I don't know what his wages are either. 

would I say 2.5 million pounds is a good deal for Maddison? not really for me. No Championship experience. 

Because people arent totally convinced as to the quality of those 2. Kent is the type of player we need but unsure regarding the quality/calibre. Positive is his time at Barnsley, but you seem to totally disregard last season for him as if it didnt happen. Gallagher, his season here was the best of his career and he still didnt score enough, and he was next to useless at holding the ball up and being the target man I expected. 

How do you think Bradley Dack will do this season, out of interest? Factoring in his lack of Championship experience? 

• Like 1

Did anybody attend the Q and A with Mowbray and waggott at ewood this afternoon ? Assumed he would have been asked again for an update on transfers and was hoping for a positive update on here for a Change ?

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes

No not of Maddison. Dont remember at all tbf. 

Ok, fair enough. I'm surprised then, that you seem fairly set against a player you've never seen. I'm sure this is something you've criticised other people for before. Would you not agree that his record over 3 seasons in League One, which has been very consistent (something like 8-10 goals every season, and I think it was about 13-18 assists every season) suggests that at 24 he is very well placed to make the step up?

Your stance on him confuses me, especially since I've hardly ever seen you act as if you're against signing any player that gets mooted, let alone one with a very promising record who you haven't seen. So for clarity, would you actually be against signing him, assuming Kent wasn't an option? Or do you just seem to be against him because you'd rather have Kent? Just trying to establish what your position is on him.

Chaddy only sings the praises of players either he or Nixon mentions first, hence his sudden boner for Kent, who never got a single mention before Nixon tweeted we're in for him. Anyone else gets mooted, that he doesn't mention first, and there's always a reason he doesn't fancy them. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. 

• Like 1

There's no 'evidence' of us being in for Maddison. Nor is there any 'evidence' of us being interested in anyone else. A couple of journalists say we're interested in Kent, one says he's top of the list, another says he isn't. There was very little if any mention of us being interested in Rothwell or Davenport in the days before their arrivals.

People are drawing logical conclusions from what the Posh chairman has said on twitter and the fact that he hasn't ruled Rovers out despite having ruled out numerous other Championship clubs. 

He's said it is someone who wasn't in the Championship last season, it's someone who apparently wanted to pay in installments and it isn't Wigan. 

IF what he says is true then we are one of a small group of clubs who it could be. 

• Like 3

Just now, BiggusMickus said:

Chaddy only sings the praises of players either he or Nixon mentions first, hence his sudden boner for Kent, who never got a single mention before Nixon tweeted we're in for him. Anyone else gets mooted, that he doesn't mention first, and there's always a reason he doesn't fancy them. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. 

I must admit it’s very odd. It’s almost like having blind faith

No Maddison or Chapman, average league one player who wouldn’t get in our team last season in Kent being linked, 

We are a blunt sword and significantly weaker than last season. Based on the signings so far don’t know why anyone would go tomorrow night and watch us get turned over embarrassingly.

Just now, pick32 said:

No Maddison or Chapman, average league one player who wouldn’t get in our team last season in Kent being linked, 

We are a blunt sword and significantly weaker than last season. Based on the signings so far don’t know why anyone would go tomorrow night and watch us get turned over embarrassingly.

We will got down or scrape it. Squad is as poor as I’ve ever known 

• Like 1

I do have hopes for Scott, but Bauer (or similar) is still a very important signing now as is loaning Wharton out to get more experience THIS season IMO.

Just as when we had Duffy and Hanley depart in the same summer... Mulgrew (1 year left) and Lenihan (prize asset #2) are no locks to be here in 12 months unless we do a double promotion ?. Dack likewise.

If we find ourselves in July 2019 with Downing, Wharton and Williams as our only CB options this place would (correctly) meltdown. 

Keep Wharton as cb#5 or cb#6 this season, so he is ready for next.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

Just now, pick32 said:

Kent had a poor season last year but was good for Barnsley. 

Liverpool obviously seen enough in him to reward him a 4 year deal.They haven't sold him on so obviously see something in the lad.

Gerrard who will have seen plenty of him wants to take him to Rangers.

Not saying he would be my first choice,I would prefer a permanent signing.

But your statement that Kent is an average league one player who wouldn't have got in our team last year is based on what exactly?

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

Kent has been featuring for Liverpool in pre season I think, let's see how he gets on against super Nyambe tomorrow ;) 

If he plays ..cant see him playing against his future loan club ..? maybe this will be a pointer ?

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

If he plays ..cant see him playing against his future loan club ..? maybe this will be a pointer ?

Possibly. If we are genuinely interested Mowbray might want to take a look at him in action. Saying that you can't take too much out of pre season games.

Just now, Tormund said:

Not saying he’s as good as Dack but Kent has actually played in this league, so who’s to say if he’s going to be crap or not? Will you all jump on Dack’s back if he doesn't produce this season?

Jason Lowe has played many a season in this league doesn't mean he's good enough to play in it. Kent hasn't done anything in this league yet other than a few good games for Barnsley. Doesn't mean he's going to be crap like you say but I'd rather bring Chapman back or Maddison ahead of a loan move for Kent. Who knows, we might not even be looking at him. Everything will become clear over the next few weeks. Praying we're all a lot more positive come the first game of the season. 

Edited by Butty

Just now, Tormund said:

Not saying he’s as good as Dack but Kent has actually played in this league, so who’s to say if he’s going to be crap or not? Will you all jump on Dack’s back if he doesn't produce this season?

Exactly. None of us knew too much about Chapman lady season either.As iv previously stated I would prefer a permanent signing but comment like "he is an average league one player"is  taking it to the extreme.He is a highly rated young player..if Liverpool didn't see potential they wouldn't be dishing out a 4 year deal to him 

Just now, Butty said:

Jason Lowe has played many a season in this league doesn't mean he's good enough to play in it. Kent hasn't done anything in this league yet other than a few good games for Barnsley. Doesn't mean he's going to be crap like you say but I'd rather bring Chapman back or Maddison ahead of a loan move for Kent. Who knows, we might not even be looking at him. Everything will be come clear over the next few weeks. Praying we're all a lot more positive come the first game of the season. 

Mate, don’t bring Lowe into this, he was extremely lucky to play the games he did.

Some players play and settle better at different clubs, we do have a knack of getting the best out of players, it’s proven down the years. Anyway, I’d like to sign all three.

• Like 1