BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, islander200 said:

Exactly. None of us knew too much about Chapman lady season either.As iv previously stated I would prefer a permanent signing but comment like "he is an average league one player"is  taking it to the extreme.He is a highly rated young player..if Liverpool didn't see potential they wouldn't be dishing out a 4 year deal to him 

If you just look at stats Chapman's are pretty awful:

- Never played a game in the Championship

- 3 loan spells in League One, where he in total only started 4! of 35 games.

- Been injured for 7-8 months, how long will it take to be back to his old self?

Still we all want him :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Mate, don’t bring Lowe into this, he was extremely lucky to play the games he did.

Some players play and settle better at different clubs, we do have a knack of getting the best out of players, it’s proven down the years. Anyway, I’d like to sign all three.

True. Sign them all and then we can decide who's the better player. If only it was that easy.

Just now, briansol said:

If you just look at stats Chapman's are pretty awful:

- Never played a game in the Championship

- 3 loan spells in League One, where he in total only started 4! of 35 games.

- Been injured for 7-8 months, how long will it take to be back to his old self?

Still we all want him :)

True (although not quite everyone wants him, I certainly do though at the right price). Although you could also point to 3 goals and 4 assists in that time despite only 4 starts.

I think a fair part of it though is we could actually own Chapman, likely cheaply. Kent...not so much. So any development of Chapman we do, we can benefit from.

Just now, rigger said:

you must have a short memory, or you only go on what players are doing on paper.

Same squad relegated bar loaners who've gone back, hardly strengthened since two years ago whilst the league is allot tougher and richer now.

Just now, bluebruce said:

True (although not quite everyone wants him, I certainly do though at the right price). Although you could also point to 3 goals and 4 assists in that time despite only 4 starts.

I think a fair part of it though is we could actually own Chapman, likely cheaply. Kent...not so much. So any development of Chapman we do, we can benefit from.

I agree with you and I would prefer Chapman due to the fact we would get him on a perm this season or if out if contract next season. 

What I don't agree with is some posters are acting like the apocalypse is around the corner due to signing Kent.Comments like he is "an average league 1 player ".

Things didn't work out for him last season but his form for Barnsley in the championship  the previous season caught the attention of Freiburg in Germany and they took him on loan and then he went to Bristol and it didn't work out.

Liverpool would firstly not have given him a 4 year deal if they didn't see something in him.They also wouldn't keep loaning him out he would have been let go like Sam Hart. 

Gerrard who would have seen him on a regular basis is keen to take him to Rangers then that's good enough evidence for me that he has something about him.

But if we are to sign Kent or Chapman then it can only be 1 of them imo. Need another who has more of a goal threat and more assists to his name,I know Maddison hasn't played champ but if he were to take his form from league one up a level then his reported 2.5m fee would be a bargain 

Chapman is in his last 12 months? On what planet do people think mboro will loan him out again? It's a sell if he's available. We insulted charlton 1 week ago with a derisory 300k offer for Bauer, of course Kent is now favourable he will cost wages MAX.

Im starting to smell more than BS and almost fraudulent ST sales sold on the premise of players coming in permanently, now we are back to Aldi for loans now the early bird and 8k have signed their direct debits. Embarrassing 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 2

I’ll say a few names Lowe, akpan, guthrie( injured), Lucas Joao and Emnes late for the game, Duffy scoring own goals for a move. I’m not sure about this being the poorest squad but having been to a lot of games last season these are a group of players and a manager who at last we can have some pride in.

They play for each other and want respect from the supporters.Team work, togetherness and shared values can get you a long way and I feel we have more than enough to avoid relegation and hopefully more.

That is not to say I wouldn’t mind signing Maddison,Armstrong ,Chapman,Gallagher and Kent. Have I missed anyone

• Like 1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Chapman is in his last 12 months? On what planet do people think mboro will loan him out again? It's a sell if he's available. We insulted charlton 1 week ago with a derisory 300k offer for Bauer, of course Kent is now favourable he will cost wages MAX.

Im starting to smell more than BS and almost fraudulent ST sales sold on the premise of players coming in permanently, now we are back to Aldi for loans. Embarrassing 

Boro would still get a fee for him next season due to him being under 23 so that's the planet we live on. 

• Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

Boro would still get a fee for him next season due to him being under 23 so that's the planet we live on. 

And they'd run that risk over a player who's not even on the fringes? I'd agree if it was like us with Hoillet (Talented first 11) but he's probably at a market value peak now as no way he will get in a Pulis 11. They also are a club what needs to sell.

• Like 1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

And they'd run that risk over a player who's not even on the fringes? I'd agree if it was like us with Hoillet (Talented first 11) but he's probably at a market value peak now as no way he will get in a Pulis 11. They also are a club what needs to sell.

It's more likely they would want to sell I agree,but if he goes out on loan and does well then they could still get more or less the same fee as they would get now if it went to tribunal..on the off chance Chapman had a cracking season and broke into say England under 21 then they would fetch more at tribunal than they would by selling him now.I know a lots of ifs and buts in there but I don't think you could rule out Chapman being loaned out 

2 hours ago, tugay5 said:

Did anybody attend the Q and A with Mowbray and waggott at ewood this afternoon ? Assumed he would have been asked again for an update on transfers and was hoping for a positive update on here for a Change ?

Speaking at a special Q&A at Ewood Park this afternoon, Tony Mowbray said: “Every day we’re talking to agents and we have several targets. We want to progress onwards, progress forwards and build this club. We’re spinning several plates.” #Rovers https://t.co/1SVab70oCZ

More from the boss: “I have a massive photo in my dressing room of Shearer and Sutton and it says underneath ‘play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back’ and that’s what I’m trying to inspire in players.” #Rovers

“I think the Championship will be a really interesting league,” Tony adds. “I think it’s actually pretty open and we have a real opportunity to be competitive. They’re all tough games, but we shouldn’t fear anyone this season.” #Rovers

• Like 1

A friend of mine has sent me this message(dont know how true but did mention Gallagher and Kent to me well before anybody link us to them)

Rovers officials expected at Melwood in the next 48 hours to conclude Kent deal.... there will be a forward added as well likely to be Gallagher but don’t rule out Armstrong.

32 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I’ll say a few names Lowe, akpan, guthrie( injured), Lucas Joao and Emnes late for the game, Duffy scoring own goals for a move. I’m not sure about this being the poorest squad but having been to a lot of games last season these are a group of players and a manager who at last we can have some pride in.

They play for each other and want respect from the supporters.Team work, togetherness and shared values can get you a long way and I feel we have more than enough to avoid relegation and hopefully more.

That is not to say I wouldn’t mind signing Maddison,Armstrong ,Chapman,Gallagher and Kent. Have I missed anyone

Agree when you put it like that not one of those names will be missed now not only some poor injury prone players but quite a few rotten eggs and poor attitudes as well. Only Lowe out of that lot fits the Mowbray mould but he was pants mostly anyway.

Last time a glass house was being built on sand for foundations with a grade A clown in charge of construction, this time we have a proper foreman and some concrete poured in the holes at least so there's a fighting chance.

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

The Maddison link is by us fans...No stories in the press linking us. Nothing coming out of the club linking us.

Don't get me wrong I hope Maddison is a target and I hope we do sign him but you can't say Mowbray lost out on his plan a target If we don't sign him as none of us know if he is a player that Mowbray wants

I think that I might be responsible for starting the Maddison rumours. However, since then a lot of people on here have sort of agreed with me. 

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

I think that I might be responsible for starting the Maddison rumours. However, since then a lot of people on here have sort of agreed with me. 

I agree with you,iv tweeted the peterboro owner too and had no response. With everything he has said it does look like we could be the club in for him

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A friend of mine has sent me this message(dont know how true but did mention Gallagher and Kent to me well before anybody link us to them)

Rovers officials expected at Melwood in the next 48 hours to conclude Kent deal.... there will be a forward added as well likely to be Gallagher but don’t rule out Armstrong.

Who sent you this? Alan Nixon?

A lot of people re hashing the same rumours as their own. 

5 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Question for someone with better knowledge of our U18 and U23 teams... who are (if any) the most likely to benefit from us not having any wingers right now? 

Any prospects? 

Stefan Mols! Has the potential to be a fans favourite if he can stay fit.

Potentially Okera Simmonds but I’ve not yet seen enough of him tbf.