BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Backroom

I think Callumrovers MAY be the same guy who regurgitates rumour onto every Rovers fan page on Facebook.

He's actually been right a few times, so at least a better source than Nixon.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Neither because we weren't in the championship last season...

Did he say "Championship Club" who weren't in the Championship last season?

Otherwise it could mean any Premier League Club apart from the 3 who were promoted last season.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Did he say "Championship Club" who weren't in the Championship last season?

Otherwise it could mean any Premier League Club apart from the 3 who were promoted last season.

If it was any of the teams who got relegated from the premier league last season then the deal would already be dome imo.

Going off what he has said all the evidence points toward a club with not much money hence all the talk of paying the fee in instalments 

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If it was any of the teams who got relegated from the premier league last season then the deal would already be dome imo.

Going off what he has said all the evidence points toward a club with not much money hence all the talk of paying the fee in instalments 

He also said that it wasn't Wigan.?

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

He also said that it wasn't Wigan.?

All sings point to it being us - Taking an age to go through / secretive stuff from their chairman when quizzed about us / basically ruling our everykne but us / hearing it’s about payment from buying club.

I wonder if this is what’s holding Dack’s renewal up. Maddison may want more than what Dack has been offered and Dack may want the same or more. And the bottom line is, we’ll be trying to keep our pay structure in place as well I am sure 

2 hours ago, Ruaney said:

Dack is probably holding off on signing a new deal until he see's what investment is put in to the transfer market and the quality of player he ends up having around him. 

Also, I feel if we wait it out with Armstrong, Newcastle may lower their asking price towards the end of the window - sit tight Tony.

either way dacks still on a contract... Whether he signs a new one or not. We only got him last season so I wouldnt be worried about it running down. The only reason they probably want to negotiate a new deal is so they can add in some new add on clauses and a minimum release fee.

Just now, ruggles1995 said:

either way dacks still on a contract... Whether he signs a new one or not. We only got him last season so I wouldnt be worried about it running down. The only reason they probably want to negotiate a new deal is so they can add in some new add on clauses and a minimum release fee.

Yeah, I completely agree! I am not worried, just bemused when they’ve been saying it’s ‘close’ for weeks ?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Peterborough United fans saying Maddison release clause is 1 mil pounds

Would he be worth that?

In today's market I'd say that's a good price if anything if true. 

Doubt there will be a rush to sign a new contract from Dacks side, his agent will be in his ear to hold tight on what any incomings might be earning. He will surely want parity with any of those and our current big earners.

Have we used up our wage budget on new contracts for last seasons players? It almost feels like the club is using these renewals to act as quasi-transfers to cover up the fact we aren't going to buy any more players.

Edited by CambridgeRover

Only the rich clubs get all their business done early. The rest all struggle as they look for good deals and try to make their budgets stretch.

As that deadline gets closer all parties get a bit more reckless and the deals start flowing. Its the same most years and every year fans of all clubs get twitchy

Seems to have a bit of pace too -not lightning fast by any means but good for when you're running at defenders. 

Him on one wing (seems to switch a bit), Armstrong on the other  and things would suddenly be looking a whole lot better.

Just now, RovingRover said:

A double move for Marriott and Maddison could solve a lot of our problems.

I did think that looking at the clips - they seem to have developed a good understanding together. I think Marriott's the more expensive of the two though and clearly Derby have been sniffing around him for ages.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, FGS5635 said:

Sweet left peg. Looks like he has  a bit of swagger also

We've been sorely lacking in left footers of late. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Doubt there will be a rush to sign a new contract from Dacks side, his agent will be in his ear to hold tight on what any incomings might be earning. He will surely want parity with any of those and our current big earners.

I'm sure it will be announced right after Junior Hoillet's new deal gets signed...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

It's imminent according to Rich Sharp