BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You are making up your own agenda pal.  If we signed Otzumer instead of Rothwell, do you really think people would be saying "Meh we should have signed the injury plagued lad from Oxford."

Appreciate that clubs other than Rovers do make good signings (comparatively) -in some people's opinions (clearly not your own).  Just like fans of other teams will be comparing theirs to ours and doing likewise.

I'm a tad confused about Rothwell...

He has played 69 league games in 2 years. That's about 35 league games per season, is that injury plagued??

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, we will see. 

It's funny though, if we signed Outzumer fans would be saying "he's lightweight, unproven at this level, we already have Dack, budget should have been used elsewhere yada yada Yada" However, Bolton sign him and its some sort of masterstroke. Gas 

Think quite a few including me suggested we should have moved for him.

34 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Chapman on boro bench today 

Potentially to put him in the shop window or an opportunity to see the goods before committing to a sale? He may/may not be in TM's thinking, but if other options are no longer viable, he is probably available, within our budget and already has a good affinity with the squad. 

9 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I'm a tad confused about Rothwell...

He has played 69 league games in 2 years. That's about 35 league games per season, is that injury plagued??

We had this conversation before on here. It looks confusing with his stats but I would imagine many were off the bench. It was his own fans that said he was injury plagued - https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/joe-rothwell.929/

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe we did, but he decided to move to a club where he will start. He would have been a sub here. 

He mainly played in the 10 role yes but could also play on the right side of the three behind and also in CM. That being said, yes he was either someone we were not looking at or he didnt want to play a bit-part behind Dack. Still on paper a better signing than Rothwell who could not get in the team ahead of Payne most weeks, who could not get in ours most weeks. Consistently in the L! team of the year in previous seasons too.

Hope Rothwell comes good of course and we just have to trust TM on this one.

• Like 1

Marriott has chosen Derby over Leeds apparently. I would have to say I am envious of Derby and Stokes business. Getting shit done. They are the two stand outs in the division for me. Forrest doing OK too. 

Looks like we may have to settle for 4th. :)?

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, AdamRochina said:

Chapman on boro bench today 

Pulis most likely hasn't seen him play. He probably would want to before he decides to let him go.

Reading the opinions of the Oxford fans doesnt really instill confidence in Rothwell.

Common themes include injury prone, inconsistent, big doubts on whether he will play and if so, step up to Championship, and also surprise that weve signed him considering Payne struggled for game time.

Seems like its a gamble as a cheap, youngish squad player by Mowbray who can back up Dack.

Key thing is apparently he is a reluctant wide man, played there with an attacking full back to compensate. Played there mainly to accommodate other players.

Meanwhile, surely no truth in this, considering we dont need more central midfielders:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/18/report-west-ham-knock-back-josh-cullen-interest-from-blackburn-a/

Need to be getting some body’s in now as time is getting on. 

What we can’t afford in this league is starting off with a run of losses in the first ten games or so. 

Still think we should be looking for some solid defenders and a reliable striker. 

Just now, bluefred said:

Need to be getting some body’s in now as time is getting on. 

What we can’t afford in this league is starting off with a run of losses in the first ten games or so. 

Still think we should be looking for some solid defenders and a reliable striker. 

How many more defenders do we need?? 

I agree about the start. Our bad start under coyle was ultimately what relegated us. In fairness, we have a pretty decent run of games at the start 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How many more defenders do we need?? 

I agree about the start. Our bad start under coyle was ultimately what relegated us. In fairness, we have a pretty decent run of games at the start 

I mean GOOD defenders , of the hendry, Keeley, Moran ilk.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shouldn't I? Not saying you would, but some who are now saying Wildschut, Outzumer and Mcamanaman are great signings and better than what we have signed, would flip it completely around if we had signed the 3 of them. The genuine issues and concerns about their records would be highlighted. When Bolton and Wigan sign them it's apparently great business. I just find it funny is all 

I'd have signed any of those three before I would have given Conway a new contract.

• Like 5