BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nuttall wasn't good enough last season Stuart. He'd have to improve 100% to get in the team this season.

I make no comment about the Championship. Like many in our team he hasn’t played there. But he scored 4 goals in 5 games (5 in 7 If we include the FL Trophy) before being dropped for a very poor Samuel.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

I make no comment about the Championship. Like many in our team he hasn’t played there. But he scored 4 goals in 5 games (5 in 7 If we include the FL Trophy) before being dropped for a very poor Samuel.

I'm afraid if you rolled Nuttall and Samuel into one you still wouldn't have a good Championship player.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm afraid if you rolled Nuttall and Samuel into one you still wouldn't have a good Championship player.

But at 21 I’d be investing more in Nuttall than Samuel (24) at this point.

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Absolutely.  Wharton would be on the bench ahead of Downing for me.  Lincoln fans seemed to rate him. 

Wharton needs competitive games under his belt to develop further, he's not going to get that warming the bench.

• Like 1

Every year we have high hopes and low expectations. Every year the price for average players goes up. Klopp realized what it needed to buy a world class goalie. 

We are competing against parachute payments and clubs who have money after selling their best players. We have been there.

I think we need to recognize the dynamics and trust the process. Mowbray got us up and importantly has tied down our best players, so we have a settled squad raring to go. 

Hopefully we will get up a couple of players to strengthen a good squad. Not all the best teams in the Championship spend the most money. 

Mid table obscurity would be a great first season back with a chance to build and kick on. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

I think I would have taken Harrison - maybe I’ve just got desperate.

Rich Sharpe thinks he’s someone we never made contact with Bristol Rovers over though.

Looking at us thisavo, bell as a wing back is very effective, pace and can beat a man. Think that may be the way forward for us this season if we can't get any decent wingers in. Additionally, with Graham we look far more of an attacking threat. 

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can dress it up anyway you like, it's obvious to me that whatever thoughts Mowbray had about being able to make some decent early signings have foundered on the rocks of the Chicken Chokers complete indifference to our fate.

I think you are right.

When Rich Sharpe spoke at the Rovers Trust meeting in early June he seemed convinced that we would make 6 decent signings ( including loans) that would impact the 1st team. He had spoken to Mowbray that day and all seemed optimistic after the trip to India. It seemed that Mowbray had a definite list of targets at this point.

I think it was implied that the budget was better than last year ( bearing in mind the sale of Steele mostly paid for Dack ).

Since then, Venky's have had a lot to deal with in India - the Indian stock exchange has placed the company under ASM ( additional surveillance measures ) due to some irregularities in share dealings. Nothing illegal, but it has had a drastic affect on their share price which is plummeting ( down over 50% in a few weeks ). They are also nervous of an upcoming election which may reverse the beef ban in India and will affect their business.

So the EFL transfer window is probably not on their agenda at the moment and any extra money leaving the company to pay for Rovers players would not be too popular with Venky's shareholders.

We are way down their list of priorities and it will always be the case. There may be other reasons why we have not signed the players Mowbray hoped to get in before the Austria trip but I bet Communication with Venky's and release of funds is a major problem at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As much as that perhaps underestimates the importance like Mowbray suggesting of bedding new players in and starting off strongly (unlike our last 2 seasons) id agree.

But I think thats an unfair comment. People arent saying lets bring in players for the sake of it. Obviously if we sign superior players to the ones mentioned this/next week then people will be happy. Our fans will become twitchy the longer time goes on because our owners are proven to let us down, time and time again. My list just shows, bar McManaman who I wouldnt personally want really, that 3 of our rivals have signed players for cheap that would have also improved us.

They would improve us as we haven't signed anyone for those positions. Let's judge at the end of the window. Give me Armstrong, Maddison or Chapman over any of those wingers 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can dress it up anyway you like, it's obvious to me that whatever thoughts Mowbray had about being able to make some decent early signings have foundered on the rocks of the Chicken Chokers complete indifference to our fate.

He got 2 early signings in out of a target of 4 or 5. No need to panic. The window isn't closing tonight 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They would improve us as we haven't signed anyone for those positions. Let's judge at the end of the window. Give me Armstrong, Maddison or Chapman over any of those wingers 

You must be getting a bit anxious now over the lack of activity.?I was relaxed but it's dragging on now,players are moving ,players who would most likely be within our budget and we arnt seeing anyone even being linked.I would have definitely been happy to see Wildschut here good signing for Bolton.If it was true that Mowbray wanted Kent then it doesn't bode well losing out to Rangers.

We have a decent enough run of fixtures to begin with but with the lack of signings and with the season less than two weeks away we are leaving hardly anytime for them to settle in,would have been good to hit the ground running not gonna happen if we are bargains buying last day of window

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I like Carlton Morris as mentioned a few pages ago, people say his goal scoring isn’t great but young players tend to start slow before getting consistent goalscoring seasons. He reminds me of Troy deeney  who had a similar record early in his career . He would be a good option with pace and power 

Hes no better than Nuttal and Samuel... relax we need someone better!

• Like 1