BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Such a slow team with neither winger offering width or an attacking threat. Can get away with Bennett there at times providing youve pace on the other side. Rothwell should be back up for Dack. And dont see Davenport starting over Evans.

Agreed. I would swap Rothwell with Samuel and use Bennett as a left winger. Bennett can play anywhere, although not ideal he can at least come inside and unleash that sweet right foot.

Just now, briansol said:

Agreed. I would swap Rothwell with Samuel and use Bennett as a left winger. Bennett can play anywhere, although not ideal he can at least come inside and unleash that sweet right foot.

Swap Samuel for Rothwell? I've not even seen Rothwell in a Rovers jersey yet and I know he'll have a better end product than Samuel. I agree with everyone that says we need pace outwide but with that has to come some quality. I would rather a player with an end product who isn't quick than a player that is quick with zero end product.

• Like 1

Just now, Ruaney said:

Swap Samuel for Rothwell? I've not even seen Rothwell in a Rovers jersey yet and I know he'll have a better end product than Samuel. I agree with everyone that says we need pace outwide but with that has to come some quality. I would rather a player with an end product who isn't quick than a player that is quick with zero end product.

Well I saw the Liverpool game and Rothwell is far more suited for a central role. Samuel did ok and created a couple of chances for himself. Not a fan of Samuel at all, but we have no pace going forward. 

The hope is that it is us in for this Peterborough LW and it's just a haggle over fee/instalments and wages.

Once that £2.5m, 15k a week piece on the board moves into place, we will be able to look at the Chapman's and Bauers of our list with what budget we have remaining.

If we have say £3m remaining for transfer fees, and £30kpw for wages and know we can get Chapman for £400k at £8kpw and Bauer for £600k and 10kpw, it makes sense we haggle to try and get Madisson down to £2m and £12kpw meaning we can afford all 3 but are prioritising the main asset first incase we have to pay over our budget.

I realise that was extremely Football Manager but that's what I'm hoping... seems very TM also.

• Like 1

Who's willing to bet Tony Mowbray is planning another trip to India to ask for more money.
The sums being asked for in terms of transfer fee's and wages are utterly bonkers (Armstrong requiring circa £25,000-£30,000 a week).

It is clearly way more than Mowbray budgeted for and the simple fact is we all of us know that the current squad that we have isn't going to stave off relegation.

Something needs to change quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, RovingRover said:

Who's willing to bet Tony Mowbray is planning another trip to India to ask for more money.
The sums being asked for in terms of transfer fee's and wages are utterly bonkers (Armstrong requiring circa £25,000-£30,000 a week).

It is clearly way more than Mowbray budgeted for and the simple fact is we all of us know that the current squad that we have isn't going to stave off relegation.

Sorry but if it is the case that a major miscalculation has taken place then the manager takes the blame for that. No excuse for being so badly prepared for the window and as Bolton and Ipswich have shown business can still be done on limited funds.

Especially in the case of Armstrong we would have known months ago what sort of deal he was on at Newcastle and what sort of figures it would take to get him back here. If we're not even close then we should move on. I expect what we are doing is waiting and hoping that nobody else buys him and that Newcastle then take the next best option which is to loan him out for the year with us picking up half his wage. If he's costing more than £1.5 million then not only do I think it is a lot of money for him but also suspect Rovers have no intention of paying it.

I think if Mowbray went to Venkys for more money he'd get ignored. His meeting with them has to be arranged weeks in advance and occurs once a year such is the lack of time and interest they have for this project.

• Backroom

It was quite funny when Mowbray spoke of turning down good players who sat in his office because they wore ripped jeans and had tattoos, it’s seeming slightly less humourous a few weeks down the line!

Big couple of weeks ahead, other clubs signing players we have been linked with, just hope our deals are progressing under the radar.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

The hope is that it is us in for this Peterborough LW and it's just a haggle over fee/instalments and wages.

Once that £2.5m, 15k a week piece on the board moves into place, we will be able to look at the Chapman's and Bauers of our list with what budget we have remaining.

If we have say £3m remaining for transfer fees, and £30kpw for wages and know we can get Chapman for £400k at £8kpw and Bauer for £600k and 10kpw, it makes sense we haggle to try and get Madisson down to £2m and £12kpw meaning we can afford all 3 but are prioritising the main asset first incase we have to pay over our budget.

I realise that was extremely Football Manager but that's what I'm hoping... seems very TM also.

Maddison has a release clause of £2.5M which the chairman considers cheap and with clubs willing to pay it, it is non negotiable. Although I don’t know what players are paid, my instinct is that you will need to at least double the salaries you are quoting. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Why do you think that's the reason we haven't signed any more players?

I think you simply want to believe that. It doesn't make sense to me. We don't want him to panic, we just want him to sign the players he targetted and presumably believes are necessary.

To my mind its much more likely that the plans he drew up before last season ended have not been acted on because there isn't sufficient funds. Much more obvious explanation.

Evidence?---its the same reason that has ruined just about every transfer window since Venkys rolled up. 

Because some fans think venkys/mowbary can do no wrong

Just now, Tom said:

It was quite funny when Mowbray spoke of turning down good players who sat in his office because they wore ripped jeans and had tattoos, it’s seeming slightly less humourous a few weeks down the line!

Big couple of weeks ahead, other clubs signing players we have been linked with, just hope our deals are progressing under the radar.

Mate, if you’ve ever managed people or any team you’ll know this isn’t the case. If a person is the wrong fit for a team it matters not what skills they have. It just won’t work. 

Trust the manager. He has the best interests of our club at heart. Don’t castigate him for rejecting Bell ends. We’ve trod that path before with the likes of Murphy, Best, Etuhu etc...no thanks.

• Like 1

If its the same Mani, looks like he's managed to extract himself from Craig Shorts arse and went and plopped himself right up Tony Mowbray's

People are allowed to have a different opinion than yours, without being belittled and condescended to. So knock it off, its really annoying.

I hope you're right and we sign 3 or 4 top players, looks unlikely at the minute. Time left, fingers crossed, but we've been here before with Venkys

Edited by BiggusMickus
Autocorrect
  • Like 3

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, if you’ve ever managed people or any team you’ll know this isn’t the case. If a person is the wrong fit for a team it matters not what skills they have. It just won’t work. 

Trust the manager. He has the best interests of our club at heart. Don’t castigate him for rejecting Bell ends. We’ve trod that path before with the likes of Murphy, Best, Etuhu etc...no thanks.

No castigating here it’s just a risky comment to make if we don’t sign alternatives that can do the job just as well!

Semi Confident we’ll make a couple of solid aqcuisitions but the sooner the better for them to gel, and yes I’ve managed people.

He's definitely willing to leave it late in the window for when clubs get desperate and get better value. I'd expect us to do most of our business in the last few days of the window... I'll check back then. 

Has anyone actually asked Rich Sharpe if Rovers have an interest in Maddison? He is pretty quick to deny any Rovers' interest on linked players in the media (Harrison, Eisa, Edwards, etc), but haven't seen him deny the Maddison rumour? 

58 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I for one disagree with the statement in bold

• Like 1

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Has anyone actually asked Rich Sharpe if Rovers have an interest in Maddison? He is pretty quick to deny any Rovers' interest on linked players in the media (Harrison, Eisa, Edwards, etc), but haven't seen him deny the Maddison rumour? 

Him and the chairman from posh have ignored and rovers fans questions about Madison

• Like 1