BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Neil Warnock: "My secret to succeeding in the Championship is scoring goals. You can never have too many good strikers."

Rovers: "The market's a bit pricey, isn't it."

What does Warnock know?

He wasn’t even the outstanding candidate in a pool containing Owen Coyle.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, BiggusMickus said:

Hypothetical question.. If we were given all of it (and we know that would never happen under this lot), would you sell Dack for £10m (just a guestimate fee) to buy 3 or 4 players and strengthen the squad?

Not when he's our fulcrum, no. 

Sorry I just don't get all this panic now. The Vs seem to me to work in different ways than the expected. It's happened nearly every year when money suddenly appears in the last week of pre season. I am bloody convinced (probably misguided) that they don't want to pay wages for our "4 signings" whilst we are in pre season with no income coming in. I am convinced they look at 4 said signings on a combined 40 to 50 grand per week and think let their current clubs get them fit - not us Guv. Six weeks inactivity equals over 1/4 million saved.

• Like 2

Just now, ossyian said:

Sorry I just don't get all this panic now. The Vs seem to me to work in different ways than the expected. It's happened nearly every year when money suddenly appears in the last week of pre season. I am bloody convinced (probably misguided) that they don't want to pay wages for our "4 signings" whilst we are in pre season with no income coming in. I am convinced they look at 4 said signings on a combined 40 to 50 grand per week and think let their current clubs get them fit - not us Guv. Six weeks inactivity equals over 1/4 million saved.

See that's pretty savvy.. But Venkys are not savvy they are dumb as hell and probably forgot rovers exist after mowbray left India 

Just now, AdamRochina said:

See that's pretty savvy.. But Venkys are not savvy they are dumb as hell and probably forgot rovers exist after mowbray left India 

Just now, AdamRochina said:

I wonder if our new scouting network (Ha ha) has unearthed a young Waggy? No need for too much pace - just give the magician the ball

2 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

Maddison has a release clause of £2.5M which the chairman considers cheap and with clubs willing to pay it, it is non negotiable. Although I don’t know what players are paid, my instinct is that you will need to at least double the salaries you are quoting. 

Granted I plucked all the above figures out of thin air but fundamentally i hope you understsnd my point. We could have £5m and £50kpw but TM/Waggott seem like the type to quibble over this stuff more than most.

I remember a time very recently when we were restricted to £10kpw per player and I cannot see how the likes of Bauer and Chapman deserve more than that. Madison has not played above league 1 and if he (or any potential Incoming player) is asking for anything near £30kpw then I support Rovers for not paying it. 

Afterall, one of Mowbrays main scripts this summer is about not upsetting the L1 team for last season by bringing players in on massive wages. Perhaps that's why we have re-upped half a dozen.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Granted I plucked all the above figures out of thin air but fundamentally i hope you understsnd my point. We could have £5m and £50kpw but TM/Waggott seem like the type to quibble over this stuff more than most.

I remember a time very recently when we were restricted to £10kpw per player and I cannot see how the likes of Bauer and Chapman deserve more than that. Madison has not played above league 1 and if he (or any potential Incoming player) is asking for anything near £30kpw then I support Rovers for not paying it. 

Afterall, one of Mowbrays main scripts this summer is about not upsetting the L1 team for last season by bringing players in on massive wages. Perhaps that's why we have re-upped half a dozen.

If we don't upset a few of " the L1 team" we'll soon be having another one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BiggusMickus said:

If its the same Mani, looks like he's managed to extract himself from Craig Shorts are and went and plopped himself right up Tony Mowbray's

People are allowed to have a different opinion than yours, without being belittled and condescended to. So knock it off, its really annoying.

I hope you're right and we sign 3 or 4 top players, looks unlikely at the minute. Time left, fingers crossed, but we've been here before with Venkys

Nothing condescending about suggesting we wait until the window closes.

And I know who I know...most of them actually seek me out tbf for one reason or another. We mix in similar circles. 

So what?

4 hours ago, scotchrover said:

http://the72.co.uk/110860/blackburn-rovers-want-sign-another-defender-three-potential-deals/ 

Liam Lindsay, Matt Clarke and Patrick Bauer all mentioned. 

would take Lindsay from those 3

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If a player has a release fee and the club aren't willing to let them go for under that fee then how long can it possibly take?

Armstrong is £3m. Maddison is £2.5m. Both managers and chairmen from each club have stated this several times. To me it doesn't seem plausible that we have been haggling for those deals for so long. That either suggests that we don't have the funds to buy them or they simply aren't targets.

Either way, if Newcastle truly are holding out for £3m I certainly wouldn't be paying it. Armstrong is a good player, Maddison is better....and cheaper.

When Newcastle Chairman stated its 3 million for Armstrong? 

Rovers will get Armstrong towards the end of the window IMO. 

are we even in for Maddison? 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Such a slow team with neither winger offering width or an attacking threat. Can get away with Bennett there at times providing youve pace on the other side. Rothwell should be back up for Dack. And dont see Davenport starting over Evans.

I was pleased with that job. Bennett is a right wide player and Rothwell has played wide left in the games he played in for us. 

Davenport was very good again on Sunday according to few fans who went

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

would take Lindsay from those 3

When Newcastle Chairman stated its 3 million for Armstrong? 

Rovers will get Armstrong towards the end of the window IMO. 

are we even in for Maddison? 

I was pleased with that job. Bennett is a right wide player and Rothwell has played wide left in the games he played in for us. 

Davenport was very good again on Sunday according to few fans who went

Have you had any other texts from your pal who said about Kent and a striker signing? 

IS he usually reliable or was he just winding you up?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Who's willing to bet Tony Mowbray is planning another trip to India to ask for more money.
The sums being asked for in terms of transfer fee's and wages are utterly bonkers (Armstrong requiring circa £25,000-£30,000 a week).

It is clearly way more than Mowbray budgeted for and the simple fact is we all of us know that the current squad that we have isn't going to stave off relegation.

Something needs to change quickly.

when does he have time to go to India cos he doesn't. our last pre season game is 28th July and our 1st league is 4th August. He wont go then and miss training. He knows his budget and will buy players. Just remain patience and you will see

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sorry but if it is the case that a major miscalculation has taken place then the manager takes the blame for that. No excuse for being so badly prepared for the window and as Bolton and Ipswich have shown business can still be done on limited funds.

Especially in the case of Armstrong we would have known months ago what sort of deal he was on at Newcastle and what sort of figures it would take to get him back here. If we're not even close then we should move on. I expect what we are doing is waiting and hoping that nobody else buys him and that Newcastle then take the next best option which is to loan him out for the year with us picking up half his wage. If he's costing more than £1.5 million then not only do I think it is a lot of money for him but also suspect Rovers have no intention of paying it.

I think if Mowbray went to Venkys for more money he'd get ignored. His meeting with them has to be arranged weeks in advance and occurs once a year such is the lack of time and interest they have for this project.

I don't think Mowbray was ignored at all. 

Look at Mowbray and Waggott post India comments. Both spoke happy about the budget. So do you think they are lying about it then? 

I expect the Armstrong deal to be around 2 million pounds pay over 2 years with 20/25% sell on clause. Armstrong knows he played best under Mowbray and he gets the best out of him. Armstrong and his agent will be pushing this aswell in my opinion

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Has anyone actually asked Rich Sharpe if Rovers have an interest in Maddison? He is pretty quick to deny any Rovers' interest on linked players in the media (Harrison, Eisa, Edwards, etc), but haven't seen him deny the Maddison rumour? 

I asked Alan Myers and Alan Nixon both said they cant see it. 

IMO, Rich Sharpe denies stories linking us to players when Mowbray says off the record we weren't interested or not anymore

59 minutes ago, ossyian said:

It also means we'll be learning how to fit together the new players in vital league matches. If it's such a smart idea why don't other teams do it ?

when does he have time to go to India cos he doesn't. our last pre season game is 28th July and our 1st league is 4th August. He wont go then and miss training. He knows his budget and will buy players. Just remain patience and you will see

Look at Mowbray and Waggott post India comments. Both spoke happy about the budget. So do you think they are lying about it then? 

I expect the Armstrong deal to be around 2 million pounds pay over 2 years with 20/25% sell on clause. Armstrong knows he played best under Mowbray and he gets the best out of him. Armstrong and his agent will be pushing this aswell in my opinion

IMO, Rich Sharpe denies stories linking us to players when Mowbray says off the record we weren't interested or not anymore

So if we sign Armstrong every thing else in the garden is rosy ? We need a striker with some real presence. I don't see that with Armstrong.

1 hour ago, BiggusMickus said:

Hypothetical question.. If we were given all of it (and we know that would never happen under this lot), would you sell Dack for £10m (just a guestimate fee) to buy 3 or 4 players and strengthen the squad?

no thanks

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Have you had any other texts from your pal who said about Kent and a striker signing? 

IS he usually reliable or was he just winding you up?

He mention Armstrong to me last week quoting 3 million pounds. A day later it was reported by the Sun he was available for 3 million. He has told me that who we are after. 

he has decent/goodish record. 

I am currently away in Kent with the family and just enjoy the family time, weather and the time off work really

I find it ironic that you of all people are pleading for patience when online you pester journalists for hourly updates on transfers.

I don't think i suggested that Mowbray had lied. The fact that he came out with those comments before and after India is the reason I'm more concerned. If he was happy with the budget that's fine, so there's no excuse not to get the right calibre of new signings in before the deadline. The fact that it is now appearing such a struggle to get business done suggests either the budget wasn't particularly good or that something else is going wrong. 

Do you seriously believe Venkys are going to sanction a £2 million transfer fee on one player? It's got to the stage where I'd be pleasantly surprised if we spent that all summer on the 6-7 in total that we need.

I believe Armstrong would like to come back and Mowbray would love him back but unless it is a loan I can't see it happening unless Newcastle knock their asking price down to £1 million or less.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So if we sign Armstrong every thing else in the garden is rosy ? We need a striker with some real presence. I don't see that with Armstrong.

where in my post did I say everything is rosy. 

Armstrong can play 3 different positions and that's good. 

I think we need a target man type of striker. I would have taken Morris from Norwich but injured. Did well at Shrewsbury considering their style of play and how defensively they played. 

Plus we need a winger with pace and skills. Ive named one I would look at. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I find it ironic that you of all people are pleading for patience when online you pester journalists for hourly updates on transfers.

wrong again. I just ask question. 

I'm chill out in Kent enjoying the lovely weather sat outside in deck chairs having a beer listening to some good music 

Just now, JHRover said:

I don't think i suggested that Mowbray had lied. The fact that he came out with those comments before and after India is the reason I'm more concerned. If he was happy with the budget that's fine, so there's no excuse not to get the right calibre of new signings in before the deadline. The fact that it is now appearing such a struggle to get business done suggests either the budget wasn't particularly good or that something else is going wrong. 

Do you seriously believe Venkys are going to sanction a £2 million transfer fee on one player? It's got to the stage where I'd be pleasantly surprised if we spent that all summer on the 6-7 in total that we need.

I believe Armstrong would like to come back and Mowbray would love him back but unless it is a loan I can't see it happening unless Newcastle knock their asking price down to £1 million or less.

I hope Venkys look at Armstrong has a good investment which he is. his value is only going to go up imo. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

where in my post did I say everything is rosy. 

Armstrong can play 3 different positions and that's good. 

I think we need a target man type of striker. I would have taken Morris from Norwich but injured. Did well at Shrewsbury considering their style of play and how defensively they played. 

Plus we need a winger with pace and skills. Ive named one I would look at. 

wrong again. I just ask question. 

I'm chill out in Kent enjoying the lovely weather sat outside in deck chairs having a beer listening to some good music 

I hope Venkys look at Armstrong has a good investment which he is. his value is only going to go up imo. 

Armstrong might be able to play in all 11 positions but how many is he good in ? I'd suggest playing up front alongside a target man is where you'd get the most out of him but are we going to play like that ?

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We need both. Five players as others have said.  Ideal striker for us would be Matt Smith from QPR.  He may be out of our range after last season though.  6ft 6 and a real presence.  I'd take Armstrong for his pace and the fact he can play wide at a push.  A genuine winger (Chapman) and a winger on loan. Finally, a big lump at the back. Bauer is 6ft3 - would be useful if he can jump.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

when does he have time to go to India cos he doesn't. our last pre season game is 28th July and our 1st league is 4th August.

If the cat needs to have it's claws trimmed by an Harley street vet and he is summoned by Madame to keep it company on the trip, do you think he will tell her to sod off or try and persuade her Waggot would be better company for it?