BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

21 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Our owners, sadly, have no vision.  That comes through in their attitude to their own businesses mainly producing and selling chicken.  When they took us over, they had the opportunity to really make inroads into that market in the UK using us as a vehicle, they could have kicked KFC into the long grass if done correctly.

However, they looked over the precipice and looked back again as they only saw the outlay and not the rewards.  This is often the result when the money/ company has been inherited.  Unfortunately we have been and appear to be expendable in this process.

What I can't understand is why they don't get rid of us even though it will cost because all they will get long term is aggro.  I presume it is in their psychology as in the main Indians, certainly those born into a certain caste, can be and are quite arrogant.

There's an old Lancashire saying - " Clogs to clogs in three generations " .

Look at this man!

22 goals in 22 games i MSL this season. Josef Martinez!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Martínez

pace and goals and a Nice haircut?

Back to reality... signings soon as I said before but it takes time to get the right blend..

but Harrison has never been a target for Rovers and neither Edwards.

another name that is popping up is Jack Baldwin 25 year old (Peterborough captain). Last year on contract and could cost around £250.000.

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

I'd have loved Payne back, top notch little player, would've given us an extra dimension, can't believe we didn't get him back in on loan...

Hear, hear.  

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

I'd have loved Payne back, top notch little player, would've given us an extra dimension, can't believe we didn't get him back in on loan...

I said when he joined Bradford that we could have done a lot worse than to get him back for the season, even on loan. 

If at the Oxford game I'd have been offered the chance to kick off the Championship season with the same squad of players as were lining up at Ewood that day I'd have said no and would have been disappointed at the prospect. If you were to offer me the chance to have last season's squad now for the Ipswich game I'd take it. 

Expectations diluted massively in the space of a few months. There is still time to put it right but that time is running out quickly. At least 4 required.

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Look at this man!

22 goals in 22 games i MSL this season. Josef Martinez!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Martínez

pace and goals and a Nice haircut?

Back to reality... signings soon as I said before but it takes time to get the right blend..

but Harrison has never been a target for Rovers and neither Edwards.

another name that is popping up is Jack Baldwin 25 year old (Peterborough captain). Last year on contract and could cost around £250.000.

Peterborough must be buying a lot of players if they are potentially selling Marriott, Maddison, Edwards and now their captain.

Or Barry Fry is about to pocket the income and retire to Spain.

5 hours ago, RovingRover said:

It is clearly way more than Mowbray budgeted for and the simple fact is we all of us know that the current squad that we have isn't going to stave off relegation.

Something needs to change quickly.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Sorry but if it is the case that a major miscalculation has taken place then the manager takes the blame for that. No excuse for being so badly prepared for the window and as Bolton and Ipswich have shown business can still be done on limited funds.

Irrefutable evidence that 2+2 DOES equal 5...

I’m not saying that you won’t be proved right, but at this moment in time our transfer window is akin to Schrödinger’s cat.

Why start hypothesising about “blame” and Mowbray’s mistakes now? There is literally no proof or conclusions yet!

Only time will tell.

I know that you’ll join me in hoping you are wrong, but either way we’re going to need to hire an industrial sized knicker untwisting machine here lads.

I don’t know why you do it to yourselves I really don’t.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

16 days left until the transfer window shuts and we currently have a weaker squad than last season. We are still a bare minimum of 4 players short of a squad capable of competing in the Championship. Worrying times.

It would be worrying if the window closed tonight 

• Like 1

Peter Whittingham with over 500 games in Premier League and Championship and Craig Conway with over 200 games in the Championship need to step up this season and could still Do a job. They are both 33 and should be in good shape but maybe lost their pace to play on the wings. Then find out a new position. Bench players at the moment but need to perform better.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

16 days isn't a long time to get 4 players in though. And we won't have much time to integrate them into the side before the season starts. Big 16 days ahead..

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Truth is this is by no means the first time this has happened to us. Where the manager says they want to do business early, then most of our signings get done in the last week or two.

We all surely accept we will be bringing someone in. I'd be astounded if there are not at least two players in before the window shuts, and then there is still time for loans if needed. The question is only what calibre they will be, and we just don't know that as everything is kept under wraps til it happens.

I'm getting a little apprehensive myself about that calibre, but all we can do is wait and see.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

We've only managed to bring in 2 players in 2 months, I'd say its highly unlikely that we will bring at least 4 in, within the next 16 days. 

If we are to believe that it's 2 to sign permanently and 2 to sign on loan then 16 days to sign 2 and then another few weeks for the loan window to close.

We need to be getting a couple of attacking players in before we kick off v Ipswich.

Ipswich away and Millwall at home are 2 very winnable games,but with Graham already struggling with injury then we really are looking like powder puff as an attacking threat at the moment 

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We've only managed to bring in 2 players in 2 months, I'd say its highly unlikely that we will bring at least 4 in, within the next 16 days. 

Why? Teams often bring 3-4 in on deadline day. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I would like to have at least 2 permanent done before then 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we are to believe that it's 2 to sign permanently and 2 to sign on loan then 16 days to sign 2 and then another few weeks for the loan window to close.

We need to be getting a couple of attacking players in before we kick off v Ipswich.

Ipswich away and Millwall at home are 2 very winnable games,but with Graham already struggling with injury then we really are looking like powder puff as an attacking threat at the moment 

Interesting that Mowbray played Dack upfront instead of Samuel. I think we can assume that Mowbray doesn't see Samuel as the answer upfront. We need solid competition for Graham 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Irrefutable evidence that 2+2 DOES equal 5...

I’m not saying that you won’t be proved right, but at this moment in time our transfer window is akin to Schrödinger’s cat.

Why start hypothesising about “blame” and Mowbray’s mistakes now? There is literally no proof or conclusions yet!

Only time will tell.

I know that you’ll join me in hoping you are wrong, but either way we’re going to need to hire an industrial sized knicker untwisting machine here lads.

I don’t know why you do it to yourselves I really don’t.

Mowbray said that he wanted the bulk of his signings to be made before the trip to Austria. Whilst that might be just an aspiration, it is worth remembering that the trip was a month ago.
Pre-season is always talked up as being key to getting a team working well together as a group when hitting the turf during the coming season.

Our last signing was 21 days ago. That is 21 days where we have played key fitness and teamwork building games which have gone out the window.

At this stage of preparations last season we had announced Mark Venus as Assistant Manager, restructured backroom staff, signed Tony Mowbray up to a new contract, signed Peter Whittingham, got Lewis Travis, Joe Grayson, Stefan Mols, Charley Doyle, Tyler Magloire and Ryan Nyambe to sign new contracts. Signed Richie Smallwood, signed coach David Lowe up to a new contract, signed Bradley Dack, Ben Gladwin, signed Dominic Samuel and Paul Caddis. Released Anthony Stokes and signed up Joe Nuttall.

Just now, RovingRover said:

Mowbray said that he wanted the bulk of his signings to be made before the trip to Austria. Whilst that might be just an aspiration, it is worth remembering that the trip was a month ago.
Pre-season is always talked up as being key to getting a team working well together as a group when hitting the turf during the coming season.

Our last signing was 21 days ago. That is 21 days where we have played key fitness and teamwork building games which have gone out the window.

At this stage of preparations last season we had announced Mark Venus as Assistant Manager, restructured backroom staff, signed Tony Mowbray up to a new contract, signed Peter Whittingham, got Lewis Travis, Joe Grayson, Stefan Mols, Charley Doyle, Tyler Magloire and Ryan Nyambe to sign new contracts. Signed Richie Smallwood, signed coach David Lowe up to a new contract, signed Bradley Dack, Ben Gladwin, signed Dominic Samuel and Paul Caddis. Released Anthony Stokes and signed up Joe Nuttall.

Not saying it didn't happen but where did Mowbray actually say he wanted hid buisness done before they went to Austria?

I read near every article and listen to near every Mowbray radio/tv interview and I honestly don't remember him saying that. 

Is there a link or anything so I can see what he actually said?

Pessimistic, think that’s the word for most Rovers fans,plenty of time to get the 3/4 players we need,TM talking to my mate at the blues bar kit launch last week didn’t seem too concerned,did say the World Cup has cocked the window up this season,clubs took a lot of players away,did mention the young striker from City who he hopes to get on loan,also mentioned the scouting system now in place,where value for money is what they want,the French league 1@2 is definitely where they are looking also the Spanish 2 div,reasonably cheap leagues,but the German leagues top money like the English leagues,so who knows who we’ll end up with,all these players like Harrison etc who fans say we’ve missed out on,we might not have been  in for them,my mate did mention Armstrong and he gave a wry smile and said the plate is still spinning on that one,we obviously would take him but not at £3 mil,either get him cheaper at last minute or another loan deal,let’s see what happens next two weeks and hopefully bring in the C/H,winger,and two strikers we need,I’m still optimistic,we’ll soon find out.

• Like 5

finally got an answer from a mate of mine whos a posh fan.. He's been away in spain for four weeks..  He says rovers were the team in for Madison and that rotherham were our Comp.. He's hearing we have pulled away from the deal because of wage demands and how posh wanted the deal and how we wanted to structure the deal.. He then went on to take the piss out of how broke that makes us look lol  

pinch of salt though but he's been right before about all stuff peterborough

I'd love to see Maddison come in although I'm surprised that with a relatively cheap release clause he hasn't been snapped up yet. 

If it's true that it's a fight between ourselves and Rotheram then you have to wonder why other teams ain't in for him.

I can't proclaim to have watched him many times over 90 minutes but maybe he has problems in his game that we don't see in the YouTube highlights reel. 

Just find it a bit odd he hasn't been signed by someone yet at that price