BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

15 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

finally got an answer from a mate of mine whos a posh fan.. He's been away in spain for four weeks..  He says rovers were the team in for Madison and that rotherham were our Comp.. He's hearing we have pulled away from the deal because of wage demands and how posh wanted the deal and how we wanted to structure the deal.. He then went on to take the piss out of how broke that makes us look lol  

pinch of salt though but he's been right before about all stuff peterborough

We're obviously skint. Have been for years.

I have a friend who's an Everton fan. It's galling that an absolute nothing club like that is spending £51m on a 21 year old, unproven Brazilian (on top of the countless millions they spent last year) and we can't scrape together a couple of million for a guy who would drastically improve our team. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We're obviously skint. Have been for years.

I have a friend who's an Everton fan. It's galling that an absolute nothing club like that is spending £51m on a 21 year old, unproven Brazilian (on top of the countless millions they spent last year) and we can't scrape together a couple of million for a guy who would drastically improve our team. 

Are you seriously calling Everton an absolute nothing club?

20 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

finally got an answer from a mate of mine whos a posh fan.. He's been away in spain for four weeks..  He says rovers were the team in for Madison and that rotherham were our Comp.. He's hearing we have pulled away from the deal because of wage demands and how posh wanted the deal and how we wanted to structure the deal.. He then went on to take the piss out of how broke that makes us look lol  

pinch of salt though but he's been right before about all stuff peterborough

Wouldn't surprise me if true. Though you would have to ask what the point would be in us bidding and presumably meeting the release clause only to then back out again on wages and the structure of the deal. Surely those things would be known in advance rather than waste everyone's time pursuing something that we can't or won't pay for.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

What have they won in the last two decades?

So what? We have only won a League Cup in that time ourselves, and spent numerous years in lower tiers. Everton have been in the top flight for almost their entire existence, have a larger fan base, and as you can see, a lot more money!

They're not Barcelona, but an absolute nothing club is light years from true. And a bit rich from one of us given our current predicament. I'm sure any of their fans would have a good laugh at that post.

The real pain is in how clubs like Bournemouth, Huddersfield, and the Dingles are far more powerful in the market now.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

So what? We have only won a League Cup in that time ourselves, and spent numerous years in lower tiers. Everton have been in the top flight for almost their entire existence, have a larger fan base, and as you can see, a lot more money!

They're not Barcelona, but an absolute nothing club is light years from true. And a bit rich from one of us given our current predicament. I'm sure any of their fans would have a good laugh at that post.

The real pain is in how clubs like Bournemouth, Huddersfield, and the Dingles are far more powerful in the market now.

We're a nothing club too at this point. Just making up the numbers.

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

The only frustrated ones are the ones on here at brfcs who want action NOW, want informing PERSONALLY and before the club announce any signings??????

Name even one.

Unless Straw Man has an account of course!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ossyian said:

Sorry I just don't get all this panic now. The Vs seem to me to work in different ways than the expected. It's happened nearly every year when money suddenly appears in the last week of pre season. I am bloody convinced (probably misguided) that they don't want to pay wages for our "4 signings" whilst we are in pre season with no income coming in. I am convinced they look at 4 said signings on a combined 40 to 50 grand per week and think let their current clubs get them fit - not us Guv. Six weeks inactivity equals over 1/4 million saved.

There is no panic.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I don't get this panic. There are plenty of teams who are still waiting to do major business, we're not alone. We've got our key players to sign new deals and brought in a couple of players and I'm sure that by the end of the window we will have made our moves. 

Judge the window at the end, no point being worried now. It would have been great to have everything wrapped up by now and to have a squad together, but if we have to bring players in on deadline day we will still have a season ahead of us. I'd rather make the right move than the first move. 

no panic.

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Everton are not a nothing club just under achievers. Years of top flight, large fan base and lots of money but it doesn’t translate into trophies ( see Liverpool) and I fear still won’t. 

However if I lived in Liverpool I would 100% support everton

3 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

I'd have loved Payne back, top notch little player, would've given us an extra dimension, can't believe we didn't get him back in on loan...

He’s gone back to school though, bless him seems such a nice young lad. 

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Look at this man!

22 goals in 22 games i MSL this season. Josef Martinez!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Martínez

pace and goals and a Nice haircut?

Back to reality... signings soon as I said before but it takes time to get the right blend..

but Harrison has never been a target for Rovers and neither Edwards.

another name that is popping up is Jack Baldwin 25 year old (Peterborough captain). Last year on contract and could cost around £250.000.

Thanks mate. You won’t get too much feedback on your ‘back to reality’ bit in here because it doesn’t fit the general negative rhetoric...but yeah I heard Baldwin too.

Maddison likely as we ARE one of two teams in for him and most likely to sign him unless

a) he refuses to reduce his ridiculous wage demands (higher than Dack and Mulgrew).

b) someone else triggers his release and pays said wages.

More than likely reach a deal this or next week on a). and b) is unlikely...Deal very likely.

As is Armstrong in the last week when everyone stops posturing and players and agents accept that they are facing being at club where no one wants you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Thanks mate. You won’t get too much feedback on your ‘back to reality’ bit in here because it doesn’t fit the general negative rhetoric...but yeah I heard Baldwin too.

Maddison likely as we ARE one of two teams in for him and most likely to sign him unless

a) he refuses to reduce his ridiculous wage demands (higher than Dack and Mulgrew).

b) someone else triggers his release and pays said wages.

More than likely reach a deal this or next week on a). and b) is unlikely...Deal very likely.

As is Armstrong in the last week when everyone stops posturing and players and agents accept that they are facing being at club where no one wants you.

Urban myth perpetuated by the likes of you.

It will be interesting to see if you stick around the MB post transfer window.

In recent years many who turn out at this stage of the season soon disappear, lesson learnt.

• Like 2

The only believable link is to Bauer despite what pretend ITKs on here want you to believe such as their knowing what Maddison wants and what screw Dack is now on.

Those who say we will sign up to 6 new players before the main and loan windows closes will be proven correct.

Those who remain concerned about the quality of such signings may also be proven correct.

IMO, Let's wait and see.

Of the 3 Aussie players i mentioned previously - Daniel Arzani - still no movement but things are obviously happening in the background. Would love the scenario of City signing him up and him being loaned to us but it may be a bridge to far now. 

Jamie Maclaren - https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/race-is-on-to-snap-up-in-demand-maclaren. Not the target man striker we probably need but he is a great finisher and wouldn't look out of place at Rovers. Still a possibility.

Brandon Borrello - Signed for Freiburg in the Bundesliga - https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bundesliga-bound-borrello-signs-for-freiburg

He is recovering from an ACL injury but would have been a great Winger/Striker option. 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Urban myth perpetuated by the likes of you.

It will be interesting to see if you stick around the MB post transfer window.

In recent years many who turn out at this stage of the season soon disappear, lesson learnt.

There’s nothing ‘Urban myth’ about the last 287 pages. Read them in context bearing in mind we are in the best place since Venkys arrived. It’s fair to say that the general rhetoric is negative.

I won’t post past the transfer windows but I will read. This is because if you try to be positive on here you’re labelled a ‘happy clapper’ and driven away, no matter how informed or sensible you are.

Work this out - Most of the negative posters in here don’t even take on the likes of Neophox because even though he has a track record of being right...the TRUTH doesn’t fit their negative rhetoric either! Crazy.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

There’s nothing ‘Urban myth’ about the last 287 pages. Read them in context bearing in mind we are in the best place since Venkys arrived. It’s fair to say that the general rhetoric is negative.

I won’t post past the transfer windows but I will read. This is because if you try to be positive on here you’re labelled a ‘happy clapper’ and driven away, no matter how informed or sensible you are.

Work this out - Most of the negative posters in here don’t even take on the likes of Neophox because even though he has a track record of being right...the TRUTH doesn’t fit their negative rhetoric either! Crazy.

Mid-table in the top flight?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BrisRover said:

Of the 3 Aussie players i mentioned previously - Daniel Arzani - still no movement but things are obviously happening in the background. Would love the scenario of City signing him up and him being loaned to us but it may be a bridge to far now. 

Jamie Maclaren - https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/race-is-on-to-snap-up-in-demand-maclaren. Not the target man striker we probably need but he is a great finisher and wouldn't look out of place at Rovers. Still a possibility.

Brandon Borrello - Signed for Freiburg in the Bundesliga - https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bundesliga-bound-borrello-signs-for-freiburg

He is recovering from an ACL injury but would have been a great Winger/Striker option. 

Maclaren has done well ever since he was released from Rovers in 2013.

Jacob Italiano is another exciting one for the future from Aus , only 16,unfortunately pre signed for  Monchengladbach when he turns 18

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Mid-table in the top flight?

In terms of the feel good factor between the club and supporters following a season of winning and scoring goals. Lead by a manager whom we trust and a set of players who seemingly care. - Yes

I’d say we were in a much better position in 2014. A squad of decent players. Plus on the back of an increase in ST holders the atmosphere pre that opening Friday night game against Cardiff was fantastic. A real sense of anticipation.

However, Venky’s then did what Venky’s do, that collection of quality Championship players were systematically sold off and replaced with inferior replacements and loanees at the last minute.

So, getting out of the third division by ‘winning and scoring goals’ against very poor teams with small budgets doesn’t change anything now we are back in a highly competitive league and I see no evidence that the owners approach has changed one iota from when we last operated at Championship level.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Would be disappointed if we have pulled out of the Maddison deal. If he ends up somewhere else we will regret it. Both defenders that we were linked with yesterday would be good options for us in particular the lad at Barnsley. Really need to get a move on, need 4 signings in 10 days.

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’d say we were in a much better position in 2014. A squad of decent players. Plus on the back of an increase in ST holders the atmosphere pre that opening Friday night game against Cardiff was fantastic. A real sense of anticipation.

However, Venky’s then did what Venky’s do, that collection of quality Championship players were systematically sold off and replaced with inferior replacements and loanees at the last minute.

So, getting out of the third division by ‘winning and scoring goals’ against very poor teams with small budgets doesn’t change anything now we are back in a highly competitive league and I see no evidence that the owners approach has changed one iota from when we last operated at Championship level.

Hence why I was so happy to see us renewing contracts for our better players, purely so they either stay or will cost the right amount if someone above wants them. I also think costs are now in a position where a player sale isn’t necessary to cover a large shortfall, although wouldn’t be surprised if the Rao’s suddenly stopped the cheque for the difference.

I think TM might’ve been surprised by the amounts people are asking, but it’s not hard to be surprised when you’re hearing Sam Gallagher is worth 10x a Bradley Dack.

One thing I did feel more positive about, TM actually said he had 2nd/3rd choices should he not get what he wants. Could be just spiel, but it makes sense since we hadn’t already signed players.

• Like 1