BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s nothing ‘Urban myth’ about the last 287 pages. Read them in context bearing in mind we are in the best place since Venkys arrived. It’s fair to say that the general rhetoric is negative.

I won’t post past the transfer windows but I will read. This is because if you try to be positive on here you’re labelled a ‘happy clapper’ and driven away, no matter how informed or sensible you are.

Work this out - Most of the negative posters in here don’t even take on the likes of Neophox because even though he has a track record of being right...the TRUTH doesn’t fit their negative rhetoric either! Crazy.

Complete nonsense. You appear to be bending the actual truth to suit your own narrative.

Just for the record I, like every other Rovers fan, want us to buy/loan well in the windows and at least stay up in the Championship come the end of next season.

I am tired of the constant criticism of those currently less than impressed with our transfer activity to date.

Of course there are a lot of pages on here. It's the main current topic.

• Like 3

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Complete nonsense. You appear to be bending the actual truth to suit your own narrative.

Just for the record I, like every other Rovers fan, want us to buy/loan well in the windows and at least stay up in the Championship come the end of next season.

I am tired of the constant criticism of those currently less than impressed with our transfer activity to date.

Of course there are a lot of pages on here. It's the main current topic.

I went to the last game of the season at Ewood. At that moment I don’t remember a better feeling amongst the supporters, the players, the manager etc since we won the league. 

My initial point was that in spite of what is an extremely positive moment there were still 287 pages of generally negative comments. That’s a fair point to make.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I went to the last game of the season at Ewood. At that moment I don’t remember a better feeling amongst the supporters, the players, the manager etc since we won the league. 

Now I know you're on the wind up! :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

So, getting out of the third division by ‘winning and scoring goals’ against very poor teams with small budgets doesn’t change anything now we are back in a highly competitive league and I see no evidence that the owners approach has changed one iota from when we last operated at Championship level.

It's a lot easier/cheaper to build a good third division team rather than a good second division team these days.

Venkys will never, ever make us competitive outside of the third division. It baffles me that people still cant see it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s nothing ‘Urban myth’ about the last 287 pages. Read them in context bearing in mind we are in the best place since Venkys arrived. It’s fair to say that the general rhetoric is negative.

I won’t post past the transfer windows but I will read. This is because if you try to be positive on here you’re labelled a ‘happy clapper’ and driven away, no matter how informed or sensible you are.

Work this out - Most of the negative posters in here don’t even take on the likes of Neophox because even though he has a track record of being right...the TRUTH doesn’t fit their negative rhetoric either! Crazy.

To be pedantic, when venkys arrived we were a mid-table premiership outfit. Therefore no, we are not in the best place since venkys arrived. Arguably we also had a season under Gary Bowyer when then playing side of things became very stable and we very nearly go into the play offs with a very good squad. So no, things are worse now than they were in those two instances. If it wasn't for Mowbray the club is still basically the same shambles it has been for 8 years pal. Maybe that's your point, in that we have Mowbray so things are better than they have been for while, I can sort of take that onboard, but really, things are the same, minimal money being spent, ticket prices rising, no real initiative to get fans back into the ground, no communication from owners, same old stuff being repeated in telegraph every day from either the manager or the CEO (because we aren't getting anywhere because the clubs still a shambles) and a squad at the moment that will probably struggle.

There is always going to be a good feeling when you win something or achieve promotion, but once that's done, people go back to knowing the club is still a mess. Look at Coventry, nobody turns up at the Ricoh, but when they got to wembley they took what, 35,000 and they enjoyed it. But there fans know they are still a shambles and their season ticket sales prove that.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

My initial point was that in spite of what is an extremely positive moment there were still 287 pages of generally negative comments. That’s a fair point to make.

The whole point of the concern is about the failure to maintain and build on the feel-good factor created by last season (as you describe).

TM clearly wanted to, hence the statements he made which have been quoted endlessly on here.

Its not negativity to worry that its not going as planned. 

You brought up the term "happy clapper", no-one else has called you that ,as I recall, but the term doesn't seem extreme in your case.

WUM applies as well.

9 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Mowbray said that he wanted the bulk of his signings to be made before the trip to Austria. Whilst that might be just an aspiration, it is worth remembering that the trip was a month ago.
Pre-season is always talked up as being key to getting a team working well together as a group when hitting the turf during the coming season.

Our last signing was 21 days ago. That is 21 days where we have played key fitness and teamwork building games which have gone out the window.

At this stage of preparations last season we had announced Mark Venus as Assistant Manager, restructured backroom staff, signed Tony Mowbray up to a new contract, signed Peter Whittingham, got Lewis Travis, Joe Grayson, Stefan Mols, Charley Doyle, Tyler Magloire and Ryan Nyambe to sign new contracts. Signed Richie Smallwood, signed coach David Lowe up to a new contract, signed Bradley Dack, Ben Gladwin, signed Dominic Samuel and Paul Caddis. Released Anthony Stokes and signed up Joe Nuttall.

Maybe we are being mindful that we don't buy any more Whittinghams, Gladwins or Caddis' ?  Certainly the latter two made the starting eleven worse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, islander200 said:

Not saying it didn't happen but where did Mowbray actually say he wanted hid buisness done before they went to Austria?

I read near every article and listen to near every Mowbray radio/tv interview and I honestly don't remember him saying that. 

Is there a link or anything so I can see what he actually said?

You are totally right, it wasn't Mowbray.

It was Waggott being naive after India:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/steve-waggott-qa-part-three/

Edited by briansol

• Backroom

The Maddison link (or lack of) is an interesting one, Mowbray could point out the likes of Dack, smashed it in league one and now worth 10x the outlay to try and get the owners to sanction a move like that. I think they could be won round with that sort of temptation.

Not sure if he’s ever been on our radar mind you! 

The away kit is due to be revealed this week isn’t it? Would be nice to have a new exciting signing modelling it

Just now, Tom said:

The Maddison link (or lack of) is an interesting one, Mowbray could point out the likes of Dack, smashed it in league one and now worth 10x the outlay to try and get the owners to sanction a move like that. I think they could be won round with that sort of temptation.

Not sure if he’s ever been on our radar mind you! 

The away kit is due to be revealed this week isn’t it? Would be nice to have a new exciting signing modelling it

Imagine the scenes if the away kit got released with Armstrong, Chapman, Gallagher, Bauer and Maddison all wearing it. Unfortunately we may see Pascal Chimbonda, Dino Baggio, Sebastien Perez and Martin Dahlin modelling it before that.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

More likely Birdy, topless in front of his sink ?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

I'd have loved Payne back, top notch little player, would've given us an extra dimension, can't believe we didn't get him back in on loan...

Good little player on his day but he was another one who blew hot and cold. Also we struggled to fit him in to the same team as Dack.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s some view you’ve got from your high horse...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Now that " better feeling " is being allowed to drain away down the plug hole because of the inactions of the owners. A couple of decent early signings ( players with previous recent experience at this level that I'd actually heard of  ) would have done wonders for the momentum at the club. Don't even mention that travesty of a home shirt. Will they ever get anything right ?

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

The whole point of the concern is about the failure to maintain and build on the feel-good factor created by last season (as you describe).

TM clearly wanted to, hence the statements he made which have been quoted endlessly on here.

Its not negativity to worry that its not going as planned. 

You brought up the term "happy clapper", no-one else has called you that ,as I recall, but the term doesn't seem extreme in your case.

WUM applies as well.

I thought I recognised the name Paul Man I and If memory serves me correctly he just tends to pop up every summer transfer window  hinting he is massively ITK because of his contacts and then is never seen again inbetween. Whether he does have legitimate contacts I dont know but He was the one spouting Rubbish in at least one preseason about Bowyer having fallen out with Rhodes because he had a bad attitude a fee years ago as I recall

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd try and sign Matt Smith from QPR.  We are a much bigger club and I think he would be an asset to us at both ends.

At this moment in time how are we a " much bigger club " than QPR ?  Have you been in a coma for the last few years ?  It's like the guy who referred to Everton as a " nothing club ". They're a nothing club that can afford to spend £50 million on a player. That's more than our club is actually worth.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

For all the talk about There's no need to panic there 's still 2 weeks to go etc I think you can tell we are struggling when we are bemoaning the fact City have taken a youngster away on pre season and he would only be a loan target in any event. What if said lad does particularly well and City decide to keep him? It seems a really random and arbitrary way to operate to me.

Plus you just know that if we get off to a bad start the "The team need time to gel" excuse will be wheeled out.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

I have been in China where my VPN didn't work.

Can anyone offer a helpful summary of the 73 pages added since I last looked?

No solid rumours have come through. We've literally just been speculating as to why we haven't signed anyone since Rothwell and Davenport.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

At this moment in time how are we a " much bigger club " than QPR ?  Have you been in a coma for the last few years ?  It's like the guy who referred to Everton as a " nothing club ". They're a nothing club that can afford to spend £50 million on a player. That's more than our club is actually worth.

That's £30 million more than what another set of idiot offspring sold a Premier League club for...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Now that " better feeling " is being allowed to drain away down the plug hole because of the inactions of the owners. A couple of decent early signings ( players with previous recent experience at this level that I'd actually heard of  ) would have done wonders for the momentum at the club. Don't even mention that travesty of a home shirt. Will they ever get anything right ?

The inactions of owners? 

Waggott is handling the money by his own accounts. Read the interview after the India trip. 

“They are putting their faith in me to handle all the various budgets and hopefully with the knowledge and experience I have got then we will be able to deliver that this season.”

“The first window I did with Tony, they gave us an exceptional transfer budget. We didn’t use it all because we brought in the players that we needed.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/may/steve-waggott-qa-part-two/