BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A mixed bag there really. To me Davenport and Rotwell are more astute than most ,if not all, of them. 

Big couple of weeks coming up though. Currently I would give our window 4/10 

May I ask why you think that? Rothwells goal contributions are less impressive than those I mentioned, and he lacks the pace and mobility that a lot of them would have offered. Not saying he wont be a good signing but hed struggle to get into the team now as hes a natural central player, where we are strongest.

Davenport has played less than 20 games of senior football. I am quite excited from what ive read but again its in the area we are strong and he lacks pedigree. Ive seen Nmecha's name amongst others banded about and again im not sure a player whose barely kicked a ball in a competitive match on a season long loan is what we are crying out for.

It would be a 1 or a 2 at the moment as basically none of the main issues have been addressed and we basically have no pace, width, excitement/flair (bar Dack) and wouldnt score enough goals. But its a totally moot and pointless rating because as I am constantly told, judge at the end of the window!

This isnt me being negative or anything either, my point is its still all up in the air, but the players I named (plus McGoldrick) will only be mentioned again if our signings are sub par.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I really, really hope the venkys don't F*** Mowbray around on this. He is too good for it, too honest, too genuine and works too hard for the club. If they do, he should walk. I wouldn't hold it against him. 

Anyway, time will tell over the next 2 weeks 

Feel like far too much is made of Mowbray being this lovely, honest man. Every manager works hard. The reason hes so popular is because hes been successful here, and if he hadnt have been, no one would be calling him honest and genuine!

43 minutes ago, islander200 said:

McGoldrick signed for Sheffield United 1 year deal 

Definitely another player where I thought, wonder why Mowbray wasnt in first. Question marks for sure, mainly injury proneness in his case, but all signings we make where we are now will have question marks. Now im not necessarily saying this sole individual is a big miss, maybe the cons outweigh the pros, but its another player whose gone to a club youd think at a push we could compete with.

8 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

if bradford are in for billy sharp then what the hell are we playing át??!! We should be áll over that he scores goals where ever he goes ..but get we might get gallagher fgs

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Billy Sharp wouldnt fit into the way we play? Plus hes 32 years old. 

I would rather have Armstrong permanently and Gallagher on loan then Sharp. 

Neither are what we should be aiming for.

Im not sure what you mean chaddy by Sharp doesnt fit the way we play, what way is that, we havent signed our attack yet so how do you know our style of play?! Our current attack is really slow and laborious so hed fit in perfectly at his age!

That said, I do agree he would be a poor choice, as would Gallagher who youve only started mentioning in due to the very tenuous link of someone hearing something on some radio station. And he is pitiful at winning flick ons etc, scoring a couple of headers doesnt change that.

7 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Nő as he could play where armstrong did and have a similar impact..  Ive watched sharpe for years.. Hes a great player éven át his age 

Not long enough to be able to spell his name correctly :lol: Hes not mobile enough to play that role

Btw I think your panicking over our transfer business has led you into using some sort of foreign keyboard...

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

May I ask why you think that? Rothwells goal contributions are less impressive than those I mentioned, and he lacks the pace and mobility that a lot of them would have offered. Not saying he wont be a good signing but hed struggle to get into the team now as hes a natural central player, where we are strongest.

Davenport has played less than 20 games of senior football. I am quite excited from what ive read but again its in the area we are strong and he lacks pedigree. Ive seen Nmecha's name amongst others banded about and again im not sure a player whose barely kicked a ball in a competitive match on a season long loan is what we are crying out for.

It would be a 1 or a 2 at the moment as basically none of the main issues have been addressed and we basically have no pace, width, excitement/flair (bar Dack) and wouldnt score enough goals. But its a totally moot and pointless rating because as I am constantly told, judge at the end of the window!

This isnt me being negative or anything either, my point is its still all up in the air, but the players I named (plus McGoldrick) will only be mentioned again if our signings are sub par.

Feel like far too much is made of Mowbray being this lovely, honest man. Every manager works hard. The reason hes so popular is because hes been successful here, and if he hadnt have been, no one would be calling him honest and genuine!

Definitely another player where I thought, wonder why Mowbray wasnt in first. Question marks for sure, mainly injury proneness in his case, but all signings we make where we are now will have question marks. Now im not necessarily saying this sole individual is a big miss, maybe the cons outweigh the pros, but its another player whose gone to a club youd think at a push we could compete with.

Neither are what we should be aiming for.

Im not sure what you mean chaddy by Sharp doesnt fit the way we play, what way is that, we havent signed our attack yet so how do you know our style of play?! Our current attack is really slow and laborious so hed fit in perfectly at his age!

That said, I do agree he would be a poor choice, as would Gallagher who youve only started mentioning in due to the very tenuous link of someone hearing something on some radio station. And he is pitiful at winning flick ons etc, scoring a couple of headers doesnt change that.

He's not good at winning " challenged" headers against brick outhouse centre halves. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Lest we forget. The power of signing a good crosser for the start of the season. Graham is no Santa Cruz but he can put them in when they land on his head. By the way, Ince was no Mowbray.

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/705576

And there is the problem about having a winger who puts in crosses. In spite of your reference to Graham, who by the way I like, we have nobody in the middle who is going to win the ball in the air and head it down towards goal. The centre backs head them away all the time We either need a big guy up front (oh for a Chris Sutton) or wingers that get to the bye line and play it back low into the goal area. (oh for a Duggie). That is the most dangerous pass in football.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not long enough to be able to spell his name correctly :lol: Hes not mobile enough to play that role

Btw I think your panicking over our transfer business has led you into using some sort of foreign keyboard...

Nő í dönt know whats happend tó my phone it wont lét me change it back tó english lol

• Like 1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Sharp has been sheff Utd x2, Donny, Leeds, Southampton at championship level when a weaker division and hasn’t cut the mustard. L1 is his level

Scored 13 league goals in the Championship last season. Not saying that’s amazing but still not bad.

Just now, Tormund said:

Scored 13 league goals in the Championship last season. Not saying that’s amazing but still not bad.

Sheff Utd just upgraded him after a meh season. You think he wouldn’t be that bad for Rovers at 32. I’m sure he enjoyed his best ever season at championship which in the grand scheme is average but no way is he good enough Tormund!

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

Armstrong has apparently been transfer listed by Newcastle United. They are listening to offers.

Since two weeks ago using the touts in the press to listen for offers for 3million. Just sold Mbemba for 8 and still offering instalments on players, suggests NUFC are trying to rake as much upfront cash in as poss. Wonder if Ashley has a buyer?

Armstrong is average at best poor record at this level no more than 1.5 million tops.

Just now, Tormund said:

I never said he would be good for Rovers did I? I personally wouldn’t sign him at 32 either, just saying he did quite well last season. Calm down!

No my apologies TG. 

Personally I like Sharp as a person footballer the way he bounced back from his tragedy was quite something.

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Chapman starts for Middlesbrough at Rochdale tonight.

Let's hope it's his last game before he comes here.

• Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I wasn't out in Spain I'd have walked over to the game and see what he's like again.

The sort of player who gets you out your seat as pelts down the line. Meanwhile Conway signs a new deal.

• Like 1