BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

May I ask why you think that? Rothwells goal contributions are less impressive than those I mentioned, and he lacks the pace and mobility that a lot of them would have offered. Not saying he wont be a good signing but hed struggle to get into the team now as hes a natural central player, where we are strongest.

Davenport has played less than 20 games of senior football. I am quite excited from what ive read but again its in the area we are strong and he lacks pedigree. Ive seen Nmecha's name amongst others banded about and again im not sure a player whose barely kicked a ball in a competitive match on a season long loan is what we are crying out for.

It would be a 1 or a 2 at the moment as basically none of the main issues have been addressed and we basically have no pace, width, excitement/flair (bar Dack) and wouldnt score enough goals. But its a totally moot and pointless rating because as I am constantly told, judge at the end of the window!

This isnt me being negative or anything either, my point is its still all up in the air, but the players I named (plus McGoldrick) will only be mentioned again if our signings are sub par.

Feel like far too much is made of Mowbray being this lovely, honest man. Every manager works hard. The reason hes so popular is because hes been successful here, and if he hadnt have been, no one would be calling him honest and genuine!

Definitely another player where I thought, wonder why Mowbray wasnt in first. Question marks for sure, mainly injury proneness in his case, but all signings we make where we are now will have question marks. Now im not necessarily saying this sole individual is a big miss, maybe the cons outweigh the pros, but its another player whose gone to a club youd think at a push we could compete with.

Neither are what we should be aiming for.

Im not sure what you mean chaddy by Sharp doesnt fit the way we play, what way is that, we havent signed our attack yet so how do you know our style of play?! Our current attack is really slow and laborious so hed fit in perfectly at his age!

That said, I do agree he would be a poor choice, as would Gallagher who youve only started mentioning in due to the very tenuous link of someone hearing something on some radio station. And he is pitiful at winning flick ons etc, scoring a couple of headers doesnt change that.

Replying like Chaddy now eh ?

If we sign Maddison it will go down as the best kept secret in the history of football!

On Nixons comments, Im a bit annoyed that 3 million is seen as too much for Armstrong. I think it would be worth taking the chance. Bauer, well 2 million is too dear, so can't fault the club for that. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Honestly if we don't see Maddison at 2.5 million, paid over two years, as a good deal then I really do worry.

Every signing is a risk but if you look at his stats from last season and the position he plays it's an absolute no Brainer in my eyes which is why it's so frustrating to see us apparently Turn down the oppuntinuty.

I also really can't understand why we are after players like Nmecha. Sometimes those loans pay off but normally they don't, and we don't have the quality or the numbers to afford to have players who need time to adapt or are at risk of not being able to contribute much. 

• Like 4

Just now, TruRover said:

Honestly if we don't see Maddison at 2.5 million, paid over two years, as a good deal then I really do worry.

Every signing is a risk but if you look at his stats from last season and the position he plays it's an absolute no Brainer in my eyes which is why it's so frustrating to see us apparently Turn down the oppuntinuty.

I also really can't understand why we are after players like Nmecha. Sometimes those loans pay off but normally they don't, and we don't have the quality or the numbers to afford to have players who need time to adapt or are at risk of not being able to contribute much. 

spot on

• Like 1

Just now, TruRover said:

Because they are cheaper.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we sign Maddison it will go down as the best kept secret in the history of football!

On Nixons comments, Im a bit annoyed that 3 million is seen as too much for Armstrong. I think it would be worth taking the chance. Bauer, well 2 million is too dear, so can't fault the club for that. 

I am sorry - but what about Armstrong's record in the Championship makes you think he is worth £3m ?

Don't get me wrong I would like us to sign him - but IMO it would be too great a risk at that price.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Its becoming blatantly clear mowbray isnt getting backed like we thought 

Then why does Mowbray keep saying he is relaxed and happy with the budget?

If there wasn't any money then I think he would just say it not lead the fans on by talking about having a number of plates spinning etc.

It's quite clear they are finding it hard to close deals and that we don't have a massive budget but we all knew that was likely to be the case.

Although I would have liked wildschut and possibly McGoldrick on a one year deal I take the fact that we haven't dipped into the free transfer market or loan market yet as a clue that there is some money to spend.

Alan Nixon has as much a clue ad the rest of us as to what's going on behind the scenes 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TruRover said:

We have not been directly linked with Nmecha by anyone?

I would be hoping Harrison is the one being targetted 

• Backroom

Amazing how folk assume somebody is ‘ITK’ based on a reputation that isn’t backed up by a track record. 

Every man and his dog hears something these days

ps On the train again, no sign of Waggott today 

• Like 5

There are players like Maddison (2.5m release clause confirmed by his chairman) and Armstrong (unwanted by Newcastle), if we had a bit of ambition and bought both or even 1 we would be able to look at Millwall, Preston and Sheffield United and see no reason why we cant do similar this season. They would give us a whole new dimension, along with a couple of loan signings too.

No rational thought would suggest that we would go out and spend that sort of money, Venkys previous negligence and money spent, Mowbrays repetitive comments, the fact we have been so slow in the market. Thats why however, ive been fairly surprised that weve seen the likes of Adelakun, Edwards, Wildshut, McGoldrick etc go to similar clubs for peanuts and ive been a bit surprised that weve not got any of them. 

Nixon talks crap so im not basing this on his stab in the dark tweet at all.

Likelihood is, we will start this season weaker than we ended the last because Armstrong is such a big miss, thats before you consider Payne and Antonsson. (even though I didnt rate him he scored 7 or 8 goals) I'm sure we will get some bodies through the door but id be surprised if they were as effective as them 3. Let see.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

No rational thought would suggest that we would go out and spend that sort of money, Venkys previous negligence and money spent, Mowbrays repetitive comments, the fact we have been so slow in the market. Thats why however, ive been fairly surprised that weve seen the likes of Adelakun, Edwards, Wildshut, McGoldrick etc go to similar clubs for peanuts and ive been a bit surprised that weve not got any of them. 

Why are you surprised we have not got any of them?Maybe Mowbray just doesn't fancy them or he has other players in mind.

I'm of the belief he does have money to spend but we are just finding it hard to do deals.

I actually find it encouraging that we haven't dipped into the loan or free transfer market yet as like you say some of the players you mentioned are relatively cheap.Would have been all over the wildschut signing tho