BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

5 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Jerome Sinclair being offered to clubs atm. Loan deal. Not sure if Rovers are on the list 

Nobody with that first name should be allowed back at Rovers. Ever.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If thats the plan lets hope we do sign someone! Id rather play Conway and thats saying something.

You mention McGoldricks injury record but Rothwell is no better...

That radio link is probably rubbish.

Not seen much of Harrison, where have you seen him and what sort of player is he? 

No evidence of interest in Josh Sims but I could see him being a good signing if its accompanied by a couple of permanent signings. Played a couple of games in the first team for Southampton at the end of the season and would add some much needed pace. 

Some of the defending is woeful and the commentating is dreadful but he does look a talent.Spent time at Boro last season.Would be a decent loan signing imo

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Some of the defending is woeful and the commentating is dreadful but he does look a talent.Spent time at Boro last season.Would be a decent loan signing imo

I've watched my fair share of late night MLS games in my time and Harrison is a good little player. I'd definitely take him on loan. 

• Like 4

First post after following the message board for a few years. 

Hopefully the next week or so proves interesting and not disappointing. Like to see us go for Maddison and Armstrong on permanent deals. 

Noticed Armstrong wasn’t included in Newcastle squad tonight, even though he was included in their last game. Potential move may be incoming in the next few days?

• Like 4

Just now, Butty said:

I've watched my fair share of late night MLS games in my time and Harrison is a good little player. I'd definitely take him on loan. 

What standard would you put the MLS at? I reckon it's somewhere between league 1 and the championship. I only watch the odd game though. I used to watch it more around 5 years ago, around when Defoe was with Toronto 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Harrison looks an interesting player. Lancashire lad too, from Bolton. Would have to put him in the "unproven" category though, and not the sort of solid Championship performer we need more. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What standard would you put the MLS at? I reckon it's somewhere between league 1 and the championship. I only watch the odd game though. I used to watch it more around 5 years ago, around when Defoe was with Toronto 

I was in the states working for the summer when Beckham first joined Galaxy so went to watch New York Red Bulls V Galaxy and my god the standard was poor then.Made me laugh though fully grown men acting like love struck schoolgirls with Beckham, I was close too one fella and I'm not joking he had a pair of binoculars and was following Beckham around the pitch.

I'v seen a few games over the last couple of years when iv bets on and the standard has improved.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'd say the same. Obviously you have players like Giovinco who are a class above and that's why they do so well because the general standard of the league isn't the best. It suddenly picked up standard wise when Beckham moved but it seems to have stagnated a tad recently. Seems to be the place to go to end your career though, if I was a player hitting my mid 30s I certainly wouldn't mind playing in LA or Miami for a couple of years on a huge wage. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, neophox said:

Alot of Champ teams losing against lower league sides tonight. Bolton notably at Guiseley 3-1!

This is where managers realize they need to get rid of players and get others in. The merry go round begins in earnest. It’s as important to dodge the donkeys as it is to sign the stallions. 

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If thats the plan lets hope we do sign someone! Id rather play Conway and thats saying something.

You mention McGoldricks injury record but Rothwell is no better...

That radio link is probably rubbish.

Not seen much of Harrison, where have you seen him and what sort of player is he? 

No evidence of interest in Josh Sims but I could see him being a good signing if its accompanied by a couple of permanent signings. Played a couple of games in the first team for Southampton at the end of the season and would add some much needed pace. 

That's where Rothwell and he did play there last summer sometimes for Oxford last season. 

Rothwell played in 41 games last season. hardly injury prone is he? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-rothwell/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/183293/plus/0?saison=2017&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

McGoldrick played in 24 games last season. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/david-mcgoldrick/leistungsdaten/spieler/35416/plus/0?saison=2017

I haven't had a reply from the person who tweeted it. 

22 minutes ago, CraigF said:

First post after following the message board for a few years. 

Hopefully the next week or so proves interesting and not disappointing. Like to see us go for Maddison and Armstrong on permanent deals. 

Noticed Armstrong wasn’t included in Newcastle squad tonight, even though he was included in their last game. Potential move may be incoming in the next few days?

lets hope on his way here

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Imagine being a 19 year old from Bolton and playing with Lampard, Villa and Pirlo.

If Ruben Rochina was playing with players like that when he was here we'd have ended up with a 50 million pound player on our hands :lol: 

Just now, Butty said:

Martyn Waghorn is going to Derby for 8 million pounds. I'm done with football. F**k me.

Trying to get Marriot in aswell. It does show how crazy the market is when players of Waghorns standing are going for 8 million 

Edited by islander200

Trying to get Marriot in aswell. It does show how crazy the market is when played of Waghorns standing are going for 8 million 

I honestly remember seeing him at Ewood in his Wigan days and talking with my brother about how poor he was. Little lump with an absolutely horrendous first touch. He's obviously a bit better now and did score a few for Ipswich last season but 8 million pounds for Martyn Waghorn has blown my mind. 3 million for Armstrong really is the going rate then isn't it. Christ we are fooked. 

Just now, JHRover said:

How are Derby spending such money? FFP rules not a problem?

Yeah they have invested heavily over the past few seasons.Nixon saying they are trying to sell Vydra to Leeds for 10 million and interest from Stoke in Tom Lawrence 

Yeah they have invested heavily over the past few seasons.Nixon saying they are trying to sell Vydra to Leeds for 10 million and interest from Stoke in Tom Lawrence 

Quite frustrating. Having been sanctioned by the league for overspending ourselves and having had to watch on for the last few years as these clubs overspend i had hoped they would now get their comeuppance. It seems Villa, Wednesday, Birmingham etc. have had to put the handbrakes on spending but haven't been sanctioned whilst others like Forest, Derby and Middlesbrough carry on regardless.

Anyway, back to home. Another day gone and no new signings. Excuses like 'the market is crazy' or FFP rules won't cut it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Lest we forget. The power of signing a good crosser for the start of the season. Graham is no Santa Cruz but he can put them in when they land on his head. By the way, Ince was no Mowbray.

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/705576

YES! Went to that game, went absolutely ballistic when we won with virtually the last kick of the game. Wonderful, clinical goal from Santa Cruz but everyone who thinks Dunn wasn't a terrific player should look at that first goal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Ah come off it lad,Billy Sharp would be a terrific signing for a league one but not for a championship side with any ambition.

Which Championship side would that be?