BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

5 hours ago, scotchrover said:

To cheer you all up, have a look at some of the other club’s signings. I reckon Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea, Preston, Ipswich and QPR have all had transfer period worse than us....

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2 

Yes but they all have proved they can stay in this division (apart from Swansea who are ex-Premier League).

We have it all to do.

Edited by 47er

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We will see.

You mention Hugill but they sold him in Jan, hes not the best of players and they had Maguire who looks a far better and more prolific striker and pushed them higher in the table. They are another example to us that even with little money, quality is out there.

And who has said that they dont trust Mowbray? No one has. Any distrust is understandably at the feet of our terrible owners. If we dont spend anything/a competitive amount the brunt of the blame will end up at their door. That said, there have been cheap deals and loan deals that have already taken place to show you can get decent players on a budget but thats a conversation for another day.

As pointed out previously, you are getting as impatient and panicky as anyone based on your pestering of journalists and supposed people who claim they know transfer news.

They lost their best striker. Hugill had 10 goals in half a season whilst Maguire got that over a season. so hardly more prolific is ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/preston-north-end/top-scorers

so if people trust Mowbray and trust him to bring in the right players at the right fees. 

on my being impatient and panicky? really mate you have no idea what you are talking about. its takes about 20 seconds to send a tweet. hardly panicky is it? I'm very chill out and relax person. Ive been away this week enjoying the week, weather and enjoying family. Back to work next week on Nights but I will be chill out and not being worrying about transfers. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

It wasn't a poor Sheffield Wednesday squad. They had a bad run with injuries and massively underachieved after 2 play-off campaigns before last year.

We'll see on Preston. They probably won't hit the same heights but they're starting from a healthier position than we are.

Injuries happened during a football season. 

Lets see how well they do Preston this season. even on BBC Radio Lancashire you have people wanting Neil out last season god knows what they want if they start badly

Trust Mowbray enough to say that IF the story is true then the reason maybe the conditionality of the money. 1 signing for 8 mill and/or on silly wages would undo a lot of hard work (and not just by Mowbray).

The team is good enough to stay Up though options and backup are questionable. Next step is to build a solid championship squad and then add the "luxury" buys to push us into top 6 without being liquidated...

Just now, Roverthechimp said:

The team is good enough to stay ..

It's not.  

I like mowbray but the lack of activity is alarming for me. Conway I don't understand, surely a younger quicker player could have his wages.  If we lose either CM or DL we've got nothing to cover.  Graham will revert back to looking lathargic......we need an injection of 4/5 starters 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a bizarre and inconsistent theory. Dack hasnt played any Championship football, hes our best player. Jason Lowe has loads, same with Hope Akpan, both rubbish. Ashley Fletcher has very little, of which all is negative, yet he wants to sign him. Armstrong hasnt been that successful in the past in the Championship, yet he wants to sign him. Chapman, has he played in the Championship? If he has, very little experience, yet he wants him. Maddison, Edwards, Adelakun? No he doesnt want them as they dont have the elusive Championship experience.

If a player has been successful in this league, then yes, its a positive. But players who have played in this league and been below the quality needed, are not better than those that have yet to play but have been very successful in other leagues, just by saying "Championship experience."

Hell.
I think most people on here would accept John Marquis + Jack Marriott as our striker signings and Marcus Maddison + Graham Carey as our midfield/winger signings.
All four of them have very little if any Championship experience.

The argument of ruling people out because they haven't played much in the Championship is apparently a luxury we cannot afford.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RovingRover said:

Gwion Edwards is a talented winger, something we definitely need and at worst would be a decent option to complement Conway.

Ellis Harrison is a very talented forward who would sit ahead of Samuel for me. Would have been a decent second striker out of the two strikers we need to sign.

Yeah, have to agree there. I'm actually fairly jealous of those two Ipswich signings. Think they'd both be a good fit for us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's not.  

I like mowbray but the lack of activity is alarming for me. Conway I don't understand, surely a younger quicker player could have his wages.  If we lose either CM or DL we've got nothing to cover.  Graham will revert back to looking lathargic......we need an injection of 4/5 starters 

Must disagree here. 4/5 starters - who is for the chop?

My post refers only to staying up and the team (not squad). I agree entirely that options are thin and the squad needs more quality but first 11 should be good enough for survival.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's not.  

Agreed re the quality of players needed.

46 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Must disagree here. 4/5 starters - who is for the chop?

My post refers only to staying up and the team (not squad). I agree entirely that options are thin and the squad needs more quality but first 11 should be good enough for survival.

I think we should be looking to replace the wingers and DG with better players from the start.

But I agree that we need another couple of starters for the following reasons. 

CB - in case we play 3 at the back.

ST - to create competition. I don’t think you can have too many goal scorers in your squad

• Like 1

There is absolutely nothing new in that article, not even any direct quotes. Its just a rehash of what we are told week by week. Our lack of activity even has the LT scraping the barrel in order to fill column inches.

Edited by JacknOry

Ummm...there is one thing worryingly different about that article lads...it's now saying at least THREE signing by the end of both windows. Sure they've always said 4 was the number until now. Now it only says up to 4.

We definitely need at least 4.

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It says looking at bringing back Armstrong and Chapman but tony would rather have championship experience of which armstrong  has and then follows that with looking at a man city youngster

Depends who the Man City youngster is? If it is Jack Harrison has played at Championship level last season for Boro

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I think we should be looking to replace the wingers and DG with better players from the start.

But I agree that we need another couple of starters for the following reasons. 

CB - in case we play 3 at the back.

ST - to create competition. I don’t think you can have too many goal scorers in your squad

Think everyone can see that to be fair.  Someone summed it up perfectly.  Two quick wide players.  A physical striker.  A striker with pace and a big dominating CB (with view to replacing Mulgrew).  If we can sign at least one winger, striker and CB permanently, then topping up with quality loans would be great.

Would also suggest a physical CM wouldn't go amiss although Travis is showing promise there. 

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The LT obviously know they are wringing every bit of copy out of not a lot, as they've stopped bothering with Mowbray's quotes after about 50 airings this summer.

I see it has Rich Sharpe has written it to ensure fans signing will be made. Probably at Mowbray request

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Ummm...there is one thing worryingly different about that article lads...it's now saying at least THREE signing by the end of both windows. Sure they've always said 4 was the number until now. Now it only says up to 4.

We definitely need at least 4.

Stop worrying and trust Mowbray to get signings in. 

Ive asked Rich Sharpe your point about its gone from at least 4 to at least 3?

His response is what he been told 3 to 4 signings in

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I see it has Rich Sharpe has written it to ensure fans signing will be made. Probably at Mowbray request

Stop worrying and trust Mowbray to get signings in. 

Trust Mowbray, trust Mowbray - I dont think anyone does NOT trust Mowbray - Its those above him that people do not trust. So please stop putting peoples understandable nerves and worries down to them not trusting Mowbray!

• Like 3

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Think everyone can see that to be fair.  Someone summed it up perfectly.  Two quick wide players.  A physical striker.  A striker with pace and a big dominating CB (with view to replacing Mulgrew).  If we can sign at least one winger, striker and CB permanently, then topping up with quality loans would be great.

Would also suggest a physical CM wouldn't go amiss although Travis is showing promise there. 

I think you can count Davenport as a defensive/physical CM as well. Would really like to see a proper box-to-box midfielder that will make the deep runs into the box and finish off attacks. Seems like rare breed these days, only one I can think of in our space is Jon Nolan of Shrewsbury.  

But creativity at the front line is/should be the priority.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Trust Mowbray, trust Mowbray - I dont think anyone does NOT trust Mowbray - Its those above him that people do not trust. So please stop putting peoples understandable nerves and worries down to them not trusting Mowbray!

So if you trust Mowbray why are worry and nervous for? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So if you trust Mowbray why are worry and nervous for? 

I trusted Gary Bowyer and look how that one ended up. No money spent and a firesale of key players. Mowbray is an employee of the club and our owners have shown in the past they'll do as they please, not what their employees want.

• Like 4