BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, savage90 said:

We are getting completely left behind at Championship level now.

The thing is I think we can all accept that it isn't really realistic to expect us to compete financially with the likes of Villa, Derby and Leeds given their crowds, nor currently the likes of Stoke and Middlesbrough with parachute cash and wealthy owners underwriting it. But it seems to me we're struggling to even compete with the smaller clubs. Not really any excuse for that. The old 'bigger crowds' story doesn't really apply to QPR, Brentford, Reading, Ipswich, Millwall, PNE, Bolton, Wigan, Rotherham and Hull. Any being left behind has nothing to do with club size or revenues and more to do with management.

3 hours ago, AAK said:

copy and paste from about 4 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago and last week.

Correct me if I am wrong. But a couple of weeks ago it was 4 signings. 2 loan, and 2 permanent.

This week it is 3 signings. Most likely now two on loan and one permanent.
The club are blatantly toning down expectations.

• Like 2

• Backroom
28 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think we'll commit more than 2m quid on one player - but I don't think it'll be upfront, probably over 3/4 years. 

On a different note, I noticed Pboro's chairman has tweeted than Leeds haven't made a new offer for Maddison "today". So it sounds like they have been in for him at some point. Not sure where this fits in with 'the club interested weren't in the top half or bottom half of the Championship last season'. 

Posh owner was tweeting last night that WBA had been around Maddison all summer but not directly with the club they’d been contacting his agent directly so presume it was them that he referred to.

On Chapman or Armstrong if I had to pick one it would be Chapman, £10m man in a year or two and can be picked up on the cheap although worry we have waited too long and the deal may be gone now.

Mowbray said at the supporters evening that Armstrong had Championship experience but hadn’t done well when he had, I didn’t think he sounded keen on him. 

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not good - If true, not good at all. I do hope he is talking his usual crap.

So, where is this healthy budget that TM and Waggot were thrilled with? We have spent half of what we spent last season.

Brace yourself for 'there was money available but we decided not to use it as it was a ridiculous market and we have a responsibility to be sensible and not spend for the sake of it'

Mowbray said in May that transfer planning had been ongoing since before the end of last season. If we end up with a couple of loans with Rothwell and Davenport it won't go down well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Hopefully he is talking crap but Nixon tweeted that Mowbray wanted a couple of cheap buys but looking like loans only now 

Here what he tweeted

21 minutes ago, savage90 said:

We are getting completely left behind at Championship level now.

Have we? By who?

Look at Bolton, Wigan, Birmingham, Rotherham, QPR, Ipswich, Hull. Hardly setting the world on fire with who they signed have them?

15 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Not good - If true, not good at all. I do hope he is talking his usual crap.

So, where is this healthy budget that TM and Waggot were thrilled with? We have spent half of what we spent last season.

Is the transfer window over? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Has he? 

Have we? By who?

Look at Bolton, Wigan, Birmingham, Rotherham, QPR, Ipswich, Hull. Hardly setting the world on fire with who they signed have them?

Yes replying to someone with the Twitter handle...@Heyes_Will8

Has he? 

Have we? By who?

Think I preferred being on ignore as now you cannot stop quoting me. 

No Chaddy, the transfer window is not over but  the man that you stalk on Twitter and that you follow blindly is now talking about us only going for loans. He talks shit IMO (and many others) so hopefully he is doing the same again. 

Would you be happy if we just brought in a couple of loans by the end of the window only?

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

She was out on Saturday in Manchester with Dackypants

So I believe. 

Was this shite pre recorded or something? Or is she just going on it because it's pretty much her job to be on this garbage? 

I would have a small issue if my missus went on a dating show, but maybe I'm just old fashioned 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Think I preferred being on ignore as now you cannot stop quoting me. 

No Chaddy, the transfer window is not over but  the man that you stalk on Twitter and that you follow blindly is now talking about us only going for loans. He talks shit IMO (and many others) so hopefully he is doing the same again. 

Would you be happy if we just brought in a couple of loans by the end of the window only?

Who said we are only going for loans now? 

Just now, islander200 said:

Yes he says 

Yes he says buy's doesn't look too likely .May be loans

Like I said in my initial post hope he doesn't know but even you have to admit things ain't looking positive on the transfer front

Firstly it's Nixon, secondly you could read his tweet a few ways. He could mean we wanted to buy Armstrong or someone cheaply, but that's not likely, so maybe a loan.

His twitterings are the definition of vague and cryptic. Not by accident 

Has he? 

Have we? By who?

Bang on-most of them are looking at players who are: (a) injury prone, (b) wanting one last pay off or (c) have an appalling attitude and should probably be in jail.

I’m half expecting Nile Ranger and Ravel Morrison to turn up at either Wigan or Bolton, in the coming week. Darren Gibson’s managed it after all. 

Trust me, this hasn’t been the best summer so far, but I still think we’re in a far better position than some clubs. Looking back, this has probably been one of Venky’s better summer periods, after disasters from previous years!

Yes he says 

Yes he says buy's doesn't look too likely .May be loans

Like I said in my initial post hope he doesn't know but even you have to admit things ain't looking positive on the transfer front

Why is anyone still listening to Nixon? He knows that little, the club took the piss out of him the last time we signed someone. 

• Backroom

The signs aren't hard to read, even for somebody like Nixon. We have apparently decided this squad is good enough - for what, I don't know. Scraping survival I assume. Injuries to Mulgrew or Graham will leave us in pretty deep shit though. 

Just now, DE. said:

The signs aren't hard to read, even for somebody like Nixon. We have apparently decided this squad is good enough - for what, I don't know. Scraping survival I assume. Injuries to Mulgrew or Graham will leave us in pretty deep shit though. 

Or if Dack gets injured again, of course we have Gladwin to fill in for him though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, DE. said:

If we go into this season with Graham, Nuttall and Samuel and Graham gets injured we may as well just forfeit the other games. Samuel and Nuttall aren't anywhere near good enough.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Posh owner was tweeting last night that WBA had been around Maddison all summer but not directly with the club they’d been contacting his agent directly so presume it was them that he referred to.

On Chapman or Armstrong if I had to pick one it would be Chapman, £10m man in a year or two and can be picked up on the cheap although worry we have waited too long and the deal may be gone now.

Mowbray said at the supporters evening that Armstrong had Championship experience but hadn’t done well when he had, I didn’t think he sounded keen on him. 

If we can only have one striker I wouldn't go for either of those two We need someone with a bit of size and presence.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Firstly it's Nixon, secondly you could read his tweet a few ways. He could mean we wanted to buy Armstrong or someone cheaply, but that's not likely, so maybe a loan.

His twitterings are the definition of vague and cryptic. Not by accident 

I agree but the fact remains we 9 days away from the start of the season and we haven't replaced Chapman/Armstrong, Antonnson and Payne.

We can complain all we want about being quoted ridiculous prices but that is the market we are in,the fee's being paid out is the going rate, what are we going to do not pay a transfer fee again because we are unhappy with the market?

I'm not advocating signing players for 10s of millions but if the owners have any ambition then the Manager should be given funds to bring in 3 or 4 around the 2 million mark.

You have to speculate to accumulate and if that means we have to sell a good player every season to go again and improve the squad then so be it.But we really are short in forward areas at the moment it's getting very very worrying.

If the Venkys are uncomfortable with market and don't want to spend on bringing in permanent signings that would improve us and take us foward then they should be looking to sell the club

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

If we go into the season with the wingers we've got now (Conway) we might as well start looking at who we'll be playing in League One next season.

Why is this Nixon crap continually posted it's becoming like the Sky ticker on here it's painful the guy is clearly winging it to a whole host of clubs fans. Some clearly hang on his nipple and always will but fir the rest of us who know our arses from our elbows there's no need for it.

• Like 3

Just seen these two tweets from two Rovers fans. Not the first time our fan base has been split by a transfer window. Not sure which one of these two I'd be siding with, neither :lol: 

IMG_9814.PNG

IMG_9815.PNG

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Or Dack, of course we have Gladwin to fill in for him though.

Yeah, I only excluded Dack because he hasn't had any major past fitness issues. Mulgrew and Graham on the other hand...

Just now, J*B said:

If we go into this season with Graham, Nuttall and Samuel and Graham gets injured we may as well just forfeit the other games. Samuel and Nuttall aren't anywhere near good enough.

That's my concern. We desperately need another decent striker. I know some are expecting Samuel to step up but realistically it isn't going to happen. 

Just now, OJRovers said:

If we go into the season with the wingers we've got now (Conway) we might as well start looking at who we'll be playing in League One next season.

Without strengthening we're a bottom end Championship team. It's possible we could avoid relegation due to there being teams worse than us, but is that a position we're happy for this club to be in? Venky's are already squandering last season's momentum and good will, as I knew they would, and if we don't start well Mowbray will get sucked into that negative spiral too. 

I'm honestly pretty concerned at the moment. Hard to believe we were challenging for the playoff spots only a few seasons ago. Seems like a lifetime away now.

• Like 1

If the Venkys are uncomfortable with market and don't want to spend on bringing in permanent signings that would improve us and take us foward then they should be looking to sell the club

That's it in a nutshell. The ONLY use to Blackburn Rovers of them owning 99% of shares is that they invest money that the club could not pay on its own steam. If they've no interest in doing so then their time is up and someone else should be brought in to do it. Trying to run this club or any in the Championship off its own steam is futile