BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Butty said:

Just seen these two tweets from two Rovers fans. Not the first time our fan base has been split by a transfer window. Not sure which one of these two I'd be siding with, neither :lol: 

IMG_9814.PNG

IMG_9815.PNG

I think that California Rover has taken full advantage of the change in their marijuana laws......

P.S- Butty, have you got your phone charger with you? 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Think I preferred being on ignore as now you cannot stop quoting me. 

No Chaddy, the transfer window is not over but  the man that you stalk on Twitter and that you follow blindly is now talking about us only going for loans. He talks shit IMO (and many others) so hopefully he is doing the same again. 

Would you be happy if we just brought in a couple of loans by the end of the window only?

I have tweeted anyone on twitter publicly? I have spoken to Rovers fans on twitter via PM about Rovers. 

haven't I already answered this question before. I want at least 4 signings. 2 loans and 2 permanent signings. I want 1 permanent signing to be Armstrong who I rated very highly. 

I am confident and relaxed we will see 4 signings by end of the window. Would I want to see 4 loans here? no I wouldn't. 

12 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Bang on-most of them are looking at players who are: (a) injury prone, (b) wanting one last pay off or (c) have an appalling attitude and should probably be in jail.

I’m half expecting Nile Ranger and Ravel Morrison to turn up at either Wigan or Bolton, in the coming week. Darren Gibson’s managed it after all. 

Trust me, this hasn’t been the best summer so far, but I still think we’re in a far better position than some clubs. Looking back, this has probably been one of Venky’s better summer periods, after disasters from previous years!

I cant believe Gibson got a club after last season. Wigan have signed no-one I would have really want. I did think whether McManaman would be decent but did nowt last season but that was in a poor team. 

Bolton still 6 signings short according their fans. 

Birmingham aren't signing anyone. 

Ipswich signed 3 lower league players who Edwards the only I would have scouted for a possible transfer. 

Hull, who they sign?

Rotherham, like the manager there, but signings aren't anything special

QPR, have they signed anyone?

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree but the fact remains we 9 days away from the start of the season and we haven't replaced Chapman/Armstrong, Antonnson and Payne.

We can complain all we want about being quoted ridiculous prices but that is the market we are in,the fee's being paid out is the going rate, what are we going to do not pay a transfer fee again because we are unhappy with the market?

I'm not advocating signing players for 10s of millions but if the owners have any ambition then the Manager should be given funds to bring in 3 or 4 around the 2 million mark.

You have to speculate to accumulate and if that means we have to sell a good player every season to go again and improve the squad then so be it.But we really are short in forward areas at the moment it's getting very very worrying.

Antonsson and Chapman didn't play the 2nd half of last season and Armstrong replaced them both. Payne had an impact but I think Rothwell has replace him IMO. 

I do agree with us signing 2 or 3 players permanent for 2 to 4 million pounds mark. Sensible investment. Armstrong, Chapman would be good investment. 

Do anyone know how long Carlton Morris from Norwich is out for? was on loan at Shrewsbury last season 

8 minutes ago, Butty said:

Just seen these two tweets from two Rovers fans. Not the first time our fan base has been split by a transfer window. Not sure which one of these two I'd be siding with, neither :lol: 

IMG_9814.PNG

IMG_9815.PNG

One of those two, the one from the sunshine, is a Venky drumbanger and always has been he was running around other clubs and media outlets on twitter last season trying to make out they were the best owners in the football league I kid you not.

He's a loon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think that California Rover has taken full advantage of the change in their marijuana laws......

P.S- Butty, have you got your phone charger with you? 

Haha I'm afraid not. I'm down at 8% now so when I eventually get home and charge the useless thing maybe we'll have signed someone :lol: 

What’s Chris Gregson’s handle on BRFCS? All that tweet was missing was some commentary about impending water rationing, food stockpiling, double hard bastard brexit, injuries to Graham, Mulgrew and Lenihan, Dack going awol with the entire cast of Love Island - all of which will leave us in the bottom three in April and to top it all off the Sun will then explode following 8 more months of constant sunshine - this will however bring a merciful end to a traumatic season. Venkys will still refuse to sell the club despite planet Earth no longer existing.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

One of those two, the one from the sunshine, is a Venky drumbanger and always has been he was running around other clubs and media outlets on twitter last season trying to make out they were the best owners in the football league I kid you not.

He's a loon.

Jesus Christ. He almost makes Chaddy look like JAL. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Rich sharpes rehashed article today says buys too, maybe higher than Dacks fee. Nixon thinks just loans.

Who do you think is right?

How about we just wait and see. 

Mowbray, Harvey and Waggott will be working on transfer right now

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How about we just wait and see. 

Mowbray, Harvey and Waggott will be working on transfer right now

Well obviously, both are just rumours but who is more likely to be right?

Waggott will be thinking of ways to further inconvenience and fleece the fans! 

Edited by roversfan99

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He's a loon.

If he's managed to put together a reasonable argument for that, then its almost commendable.

Just now, davulsukur said:

If he's managed to put together a reasonable argument for that, then its almost commendable.

I think he's a family friend or something that's the only explanation.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Its f8cking mental on here I love it

Same. I literally spend all day every day on here - I love seeing everyone’s differing opinions wether they’re positive or negative. One thing that runs through all of them is everyone wants the best for Rovers though, so that’s good.

Anyway, seen Max Meyer is on a free from Schalke. Out of our reach? Good player.

• Like 3

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Still some good free agents out there..  Hoolahan, sacko, lualua, shackel, Onuaha, odubajo

I was thinking the same about Hoolihan. I think he would be the idea competition for Dack. He would put serious pressure on him to keep his standards up and has a great track record in the Championship. 

Unfortunately the word on the street over here is that Wigan are showing the most interest. Apparently they wanted him on trial, but he refused saying he wanted a contract. Fair play to him. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1