BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Backroom
Just now, Ruaney said:

Same. I literally spend all day every day on here - I love seeing everyone’s differing opinions wether they’re positive or negative. One thing that runs through all of them is everyone wants the best for Rovers though, so that’s good.

Anyway, seen Max Meyer is on a free from Schalke. Out of our reach? Good player.

I will endorse Maximilian Meyer - signed him on Fifa before and he never let me down 

• Backroom
Just now, AdamRochina said:

Still some good free agents out there..  Hoolahan, sacko, lualua, shackel, Onuaha, odubajo

Some fantastic names as well

5 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Same. I literally spend all day every day on here - I love seeing everyone’s differing opinions wether they’re positive or negative. One thing that runs through all of them is everyone wants the best for Rovers though, so that’s good.

Exactly!

That's why it always makes me laugh when folk go on about 'agendas' and  'certain posters love it when we get beat'.

No we hate it, that's why we spend our days F5-ing some obscure message board!

• Like 5

I think my major concern with Samuel and Nutthall is they ain’t grafters. You’d think with being out the team last season when they got on they’d run themselves into the ground but no.

If/when Graham picks up and injury you’re gonna have one of the two moaping around up front thinking there’s only one other player fit to take my place anyway, I’ll be starting next week. We need someone in at least as good at Samuel and Nutthall to keep them interested.

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Wes Hoolahan is a cracking footballer, well, he was before he reached the age of 612.....

Ya, he is pushing on a bit, but he has a great football brain and never relied on pace. He ticks the box of having Championship experience anyway,for sure...Although he spent as much time playing in the Premier league as in the Championship 

Just checked there, he actually played 30 times last season, so life in the old dog yet you might say

Off the bench to calm a game down or to make something happen, he would be up there with anyone available on a free... 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have tweeted anyone on twitter publicly? I have spoken to Rovers fans on twitter via PM about Rovers. 

haven't I already answered this question before. I want at least 4 signings. 2 loans and 2 permanent signings. I want 1 permanent signing to be Armstrong who I rated very highly. 

I am confident and relaxed we will see 4 signings by end of the window. Would I want to see 4 loans here? no I wouldn't. 

I cant believe Gibson got a club after last season. Wigan have signed no-one I would have really want. I did think whether McManaman would be decent but did nowt last season but that was in a poor team. 

Bolton still 6 signings short according their fans. 

Birmingham aren't signing anyone. 

Ipswich signed 3 lower league players who Edwards the only I would have scouted for a possible transfer. 

Hull, who they sign?

Rotherham, like the manager there, but signings aren't anything special

QPR, have they signed anyone?

Antonsson and Chapman didn't play the 2nd half of last season and Armstrong replaced them both. Payne had an impact but I think Rothwell has replace him IMO. 

I do agree with us signing 2 or 3 players permanent for 2 to 4 million pounds mark. Sensible investment. Armstrong, Chapman would be good investment. 

Do anyone know how long Carlton Morris from Norwich is out for? was on loan at Shrewsbury last season 

So Bolton are about the same stage as us then? I.E. About 6 signings short of where they should be. Not bad for a club on the cusp of financial oblivion in comparison to a club owned by billionaires who never say no to writing cheques.

It isn't all about who you sign. It's also about who you lose. We've lost 3 big players from last season in Armstrong, Antonsson and Payne, who between them featured regularly in the team/squad and notched 20 odd goals. To my knowledge the clubs you list haven't lost such numbers and important players.

Hull have signed Reece Burke from West Ham, a winger from Genoa in Serie A and a CB from PSV Eindhoven, along with Eric Lihaj from Forest.

I'd rather not compare ourselves to Rotherham.

Diluting the importance of the players we have lost will not overcome the fact that we have lost them.

Just now, JHRover said:

So Bolton are about the same stage as us then? I.E. About 6 signings short of where they should be. Not bad for a club on the cusp of financial oblivion in comparison to a club owned by billionaires who never say no to writing cheques.

It isn't all about who you sign. It's also about who you lose. We've lost 3 big players from last season in Armstrong, Antonsson and Payne, who between them featured regularly in the team/squad and notched 20 odd goals. To my knowledge the clubs you list haven't lost such numbers and important players.

Hull have signed Reece Burke from West Ham, a winger from Genoa in Serie A and a CB from PSV Eindhoven, along with Eric Lihaj from Forest.

Diluting the importance of the players we have lost will not overcome the fact that we have lost them.

Come on now, Antonnsson and Payne were bit part players really. Antonnsson was great early in the season, but after Xmas he never got back to where he was.  How many games did Payne actually start? 3? To say "we lost 3 big players" is over exaggerating a little.  The 2 of them scored 8 goals between them all season. Would you have liked if we signed Antonnsson and/or Payne? 

Armstrong did really well, so lets hope we can make it happen with regards to him coming back. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Come on now, Antonnsson and Payne were bit part players really. Antonnsson was great early in the season, but after Xmas he never got back to where he was.  How many games did Payne actually start? 3? To say "we lost 3 big players" is over exaggerating a little.  The 2 of them scored 8 goals between them all season. Would you have liked if we signed Antonnsson and/or Payne? 

Armstrong did really well, so lets hope we can make it happen with regards to him coming back. 

All 3 were regulars in the 1st team squad. Like them, loathe them or be indifferent about them that's 3 players out of our matchday squad who carried an attacking threat who haven't been replaced in any shape or form.

If you had said to me after the Oxford game that our transfer business before Ipswich would consist solely of retaining Armstrong, Payne and Antonsson I'll admit I'd have been disappointed. If you were to offer me that right now I'd take it over what we have. That's how far expectations for this summer have fallen in the last month or so.

As you say, lets hope we can salvage it and make something positive happen, but until that happens we can only go off what we have.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Come on now, Antonnsson and Payne were bit part players really. Antonnsson was great early in the season, but after Xmas he never got back to where he was.  How many games did Payne actually start? 3? To say "we lost 3 big players" is over exaggerating a little.  

Would you have liked if we signed Antonnsson and/or Payne? 

I belong to the positive camp, however JHRover has a valid point. It's not that we should sign Antonsson og Payne, but they need to be replaced. Antonsson for all his shortcomings was an option on the left side that brought some goals. Payne was useful as an impact sub and also the only one who could fill Dacks role. Right now we lack 3 players to fill those roles. The pace of Armstrong, Antonsson's goal and Payne's creativity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Without strengthening we're a bottom end Championship team. It's possible we could avoid relegation due to there being teams worse than us, but is that a position we're happy for this club to be in? Venky's are already squandering last season's momentum and good will, as I knew they would, and if we don't start well Mowbray will get sucked into that negative spiral too. 

For me i would be happy to be a championship club come August 2019 provided there is a sensible plan for recruitment with the vision being playoff contenders in 2-3 years with a reconnected fanbase and a hungry team that are on sensible (for football) wages. Any sales should be planned in advance by raising the overall standard of the squad/u23

Personally prefer the above to paying desperate money to mercenaries and bring back the Murphy, Best, Etuhu and the wanker rightback whose name i have forgotten just now....

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Is this the same Nixon's that said we had £50m of players lined up when Venkys first took over ?

He didn’t say that it’s an urban myth. What he actually said was that if Venky’s bought all of the players that they were talking about buying then they would need 50 million quid. 

• Like 1

Just now, briansol said:

I belong to the positive camp, however JHRover has a valid point. It's not that we should sign Antonsson og Payne, but they need to be replaced. Antonsson for all his shortcomings was an option on the left side that brought some goals. Payne was useful as an impact sub and also the only one who could fill Dacks role. Right now we lack 3 players to fill those roles. The pace of Armstrong, Antonsson's goal and Payne's creativity. 

Hasn't Payne been replaced by one of the new signings? Someone has to drop to the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, old darwen blue said:

He didn’t say that it’s an urban myth. What he actually said was that if Venky’s bought all of the players that they were talking about buying then they would need 50 million quid. 

I'm pretty sure there was a "Blackburn's 50m Warchest" page filler.

• Like 1

Just now, Pedro said:

Hasn't Payne been replaced by one of the new signings? Someone has to drop to the bench.

You could argue that Rothwell was his replacement but he is more of a midfield type than an attacking midfielder that unlocks defences. 

Just now, JHRover said:

All 3 were regulars in the 1st team squad. Like them, loathe them or be indifferent about them that's 3 players out of our matchday squad who carried an attacking threat who haven't been replaced in any shape or form.

If you had said to me after the Oxford game that our transfer business before Ipswich would consist solely of retaining Armstrong, Payne and Antonsson I'll admit I'd have been disappointed. If you were to offer me that right now I'd take it over what we have. That's how far expectations for this summer have fallen in the last month or so.

As you say, lets hope we can salvage it and make something positive happen, but until that happens we can only go off what we have.

They were 3 loan players, you are making it out like we sold them or something. Antonnsson and Payne made 18 appearances each, Paynes definitely mostly from the bench and Antonnsson about 50/50 starting and from the bench. 

You said "we lost 3 big players from last season". That is an exaggeration. The 3 combined contributed about as much as Dack, Graham and Mulgrew did individually. They were our big players. 2 of whom we have tied to new contracts. 

Just now, briansol said:

I have absolutely no doubt that at a minimum the 3 of them will be replaced.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

not really on Bolton. We need 4 signings they need a lot more. 

Antonsson and Payne were big players? really? false to say this IMO. Armstrong is the player we miss the most. Hasn't Rothwell replaced Payne? Yes IMO

Hull haven't signed a striker to replace Abel Hendenrez. 

The window isn't close yet. we have 14 days to make 2 permanent signings and over a month to make 2 loan signings

Just now, Pedro said:

Rothwell

Like him or loathe him, I miss the days of Nicko's thread with his (BS) 11 o clockers each day linking us to 4 new players... gave us something to talk/rant and moan about besides Derby's attendance, love island women and the managers fashion taste in players attire.

This current window is more boring than the build up to all the Royal baby births combined. 

Can't wait for the game tonight......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon we have round £5 million to spend, the thing with that is ;Armstrong, Chapman, Bauer and Maddison don't go into £5 million as things stand. I would bet we are trying to pay in installments or by doing the following

Armstrong-£2 million

Maddison-£2 million

Chapman-£500,000

Bauer- £500,000

If we can pull that off, I think it would be a fantastic window. Could easily not work out though at the same time. 

Add Fletcher and the young lad from City on loan and that's 6 signings.

Wishful thinking maybe  

Yeah.. if we get these 4 , I think that we will actually make the playoffs. Unfortunately i cant really see any of them coming here

• Like 1