BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

34 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Fine is payable over 10 years apparently, so equivalent to less than half of their  solidarity payment per year from the PL via the FL, which will no doubt be deducted at source. Granted its a couple of million of expected income they will have to find each season, but would hardly say they are screwed because of it

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-ffp-questions-answered

Indeed. QPR are now expected to be very active in the transfer market in this window.

QPR are the moral winners with a reduced and amortised fine.

The EFL are well paid leeches.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Just goes to show we don't know until the 11th hour what deals Tony is after.

After the meltdown for the last week, he's seemingly justifying keeping quiet on deals.

I think the failure to sign wingers thus far points to 3 at the back, 2 wing backs, 3 in midfield, with Dack in the hole behind a lone striker.

If Samuel adjusts his style to play like he did vs Everton, he could turn out superbly.

How do you come to this conclusion? Every sign points to us playing the same formation and starting 11 as last night V Ipswich.

How far does this stuff go? Probably not very but now the fine has been imposed it means QPR unlawfully got promoted into the premier league, whilst Derby County, whom QPR beat 1-0 in the playoff final, operated within the laws of the game and have basically been cheated out of a huge potential payday.

So basically, break the rules, get a huge payday for as many seasons as you can manage and get a slap on the wrist later or stay within the rules and get jack sh*t?

Needs scrapping and starting again entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Just goes to show we don't know until the 11th hour what deals Tony is after.

After the meltdown for the last week, he's seemingly justifying keeping quiet on deals.

I think the failure to sign wingers thus far points to 3 at the back, 2 wing backs, 3 in midfield, with Dack in the hole behind a lone striker.

If Samuel adjusts his style to play like he did vs Everton, he could turn out superbly.

Not sure how youve come to that conclusion. He played what you would think he considers his strongest team yesterday for their first 90 minutes and he played the 4-2-3-1 that saw us through the majority of last season with such success. 

You mention Samuel but he wouldnt be able to replicate his performance out wide from yesterday in the system you suggest.

As I said in the pre season thread I thought Samuel was very good out wide last night and actually used his physical attributes. That said, I would certainly hope and am sure that Mowbray would never be so naive to think thats hes the answer instead of a new, natural winger. Obviously it puts him forward as an option there and is food for thought but ive never seen him play like that out wide before.

Palmer is a good player who will add to our attacking armoury but we still need a striker and a natural winger, because we need at least 1 player who can stretch teams.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I can’t believe we’ve been waiting for transfer news for weeks, only to get news of a potentially fantastic addition which is followed by 5 pages of discussions about...QPR!! ???

Totally agree. Let’s keep it to transfer news.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I know something. I just want quality. Kasey Palmer is exactly that. He’s MUCH better than Chapman, Armstrong, Wildschut, Edwards or any others that have been linked and may or may not have gone anywhere else...so whether he plays 20 or 200 games for us he’s an improvement on what we have. 

I’m happy with that. 

Think theres a unanimous verdict that hes a good player at this level who will add a lot to our attacking options, probably from out wide.

Comments about the length of his potential deal are fair. As are those commenting on his natural position not being wide or up front where we need him. Quite a few including myself feel uncomfortable with players who "can do a job" in a position. Square pegs in round holes. Thats why I also want a natural winger.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Think theres a unanimous verdict that hes a good player at this level who will add a lot to our attacking options, probably from out wide.

Comments about the length of his potential deal are fair. As are those commenting on his natural position not being wide or up front where we need him. Quite a few including myself feel uncomfortable with players who "can do a job" in a position. Square pegs in round holes. Thats why I also want a natural winger.

Palmer can play wide either side or the 10 role so how it can do a job?

I see him in all 3 positions and he's a good signing. 

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair enough...

The length of his deal is what it is. The truth of the matter is that it allows us to punch above our weight as we could not afford to buy Palmer or pay his full wages.

From everything I’ve read he can play on either wing or through the middle but I’m not sure it really matters these days. I don’t think there are any ‘natural’ wingers out there anymore. Even the ones who used to be considered ‘natural’ now play on opposite wings and in ‘the hole’. 

58 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

What about Danny Ings on loan? Currently rotting away nicely at Liverpool. ? Oh... His wages. ?

Be a good championship signing 

I wonder where Sturridge will end up? At this stage there is about a 95% chance he will get injured. Will a Premier league team take him I wonder 

34 minutes ago, Al said:

Just to eat a little humble pie for a minute I know I have criticised Ryan Nyambe in the past but against Liverpool and again against Everton he showed a huge improvement. We may have a player there after all.

Screenshot_20180727-181559_Google.jpg

Edited by Angry_Pirate

58 minutes ago, Al said:

I would hope so. Without slagging Williams I think I prefer Amari Bell at left back.

Just to eat a little humble pie for a minute I know I have criticised Ryan Nyambe in the past but against Liverpool and again against Everton he showed a huge improvement. We may have a player there after all.

Id have Bell over Williams too,he has pace we lack it throughout our side.

Glad to see you are coming round about Nyambe

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

So in the season QPR spent 75 million on wages in the Championship Burnley's income was c20 million and their wages c21 million.

It can be done,

Isn't our wage bill effectively HALF that? With the added problem of wages rising and transfer fees being mad too.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Palmer can play wide either side or the 10 role so how it can do a job?

I see him in all 3 positions and he's a good signing. 

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Fair enough...

The length of his deal is what it is. The truth of the matter is that it allows us to punch above our weight as we could not afford to buy Palmer or pay his full wages.

From everything I’ve read he can play on either wing or through the middle but I’m not sure it really matters these days. I don’t think there are any ‘natural’ wingers out there anymore. Even the ones who used to be considered ‘natural’ now play on opposite wings and in ‘the hole’. 

Kasey Palmers natural position is as a number 10 chaddy. I saw him quite a few times for Huddersfield, usually flanked by wingers such as Van La Parra and Kachunga, obviously they were on TV a lot as they were battling for promotion, and he scored from that position at Ewood I remember. I am not a fan of playing players out of positions when it can be helped, and I hope that Palmer is not seen as the winger we have been rumoured to be after, as he isnt one. I can see him being effective from say the left cutting in and linking with Dack, but only if whoevers on the other side gives us more width to compensate, a direct winger. He can play wide but it is not his natural position, he is not going to be as effective there, its not a difficult concept to understand. And I never said he isnt a good signing so no need for that comment.

Take on board your point Paul about the fluidity within them 3 attacking positions, but if you put 3 players together who all want to come inside for example, they can get into each others space and it can be counter-productive. Natural width and pace gives you that alternative if there is no space in the middle.#

You both used the phrase "can play," Mulgrew and Lenihan can play central midfield, Bennett can play at right back, Williams can play at centre back, at a push Dack could play wide, but youve seen that you dont get the best out of any of those players in them positions.

Disagree on there not being any natural wingers any more, albeit maybe they are not quite as common, I still feel width is just as crucial now as ever. We had a winger last season in Chapman. In the Championship, there is Albert Admoah, Yanic Wildshut, Hakeeb Adelakun, Florian Jozefzoon, Harry Wilson, Tom Ince, James McLean, Adama Traore, Jacques Maghoma, Kamil Grosicki, Jarrod Bowen, Gwoin Edwards, Adam Reach, Jon Taylor, Gareth McLeary, Tom Barkhuizen, Luciano Narsingh, Nathan Dyer, Oliver Burke, Matty Phillips and Calum McManaman. All natural wingers who like to run at full backs and stretch the play so they do exist still.

To again clarify so im not misquoted, im very happy with the standard of Kasey Palmer and excited to see what he could bring to our team, as I know he has ability, and in comparison to some of the dross weve been linked with recently, notably Ashley Fletcher, signing a player like Palmer is a breath of fresh air, albeit on a short term deal. That said, I would be very disappointed if this was instead of a natural winger.

• Like 8

Not sure we're good enough to play with natural wingers , I don't think we can play the way we played last year in this division , there were times last year when we almost played with 4 attacking players , if we do that this year we will get mullered 

5 minutes ago, AJW said:

Not sure we're good enough to play with natural wingers , I don't think we can play the way we played last year in this division , there were times last year when we almost played with 4 attacking players , if we do that this year we will get mullered 

Assuming Kasey Palmer will be playing wide, big assumption but Dacks obviously not gonna change position. Im not convinced that hes gonna do much tracking back, not naturally anyway. I do agree that there will be times for a wide player whose more defensive than attacking, Bennett predominantly, but even if its to compete with Palmer as the third attacking option in a side with Dack and Graham, I feel its always wise to have at least one option of natural width. 

That said, I hope the handbrake is released to an extent and Palmer isnt handled with the same gloves that Chapman and Payne were last season, seen solely as an impact sub.

• Like 2