BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

49 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's all very well if your wing backs are good attacking players and can do the job. If they're  just trundlers you've got a problem. I like Nyambe but he's not a great attacking player. Enough said about Caddis. Williams isn't much better going forward and I haven't seen enough of Bell to form an opinion. Bennett is good out there but he's good in other positions also.

Absolutely, but surely he’d play Bennett and Bell...who would fit that mould perfectly. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant remember when we had "fantastic games" under it to be honest, and statistically we were better playing as a four, as it suits our players better. 

I personally think we will start the season in a 4-2-3-1, and I hope it offers us the same success that it did last year.

Its a myth that there are no wingers out there who like to get chalk on their boots. I provided a list of wingers at this level who like to get wide and stretch the play.  We would be in a minority if we went into the season without a natural winger. I felt that Chapman was always more of a threat on the right personally, when he was on the left his pace could be nullified more easily. 

Again, I appreciate the comments about fluidity within attacking positions. And also about the different roles the wider attacking midfielders can play, in particular in the 4-2-3-1 that I hope we play, due to previous successes. Naturally more central attacking midfielders such as Palmer (and Payne last year), natural strikers such as Samuel (and Armstrong and Antonsson last year) and also more defensively minded wingers such as Bennett. (who I think needs to do a lot more going forward than he did last year, when he didnt offer enough)

However, having said all that, I feel we will be missing a lot by not having 1 or 2 natural wingers within our armoury. There will be plenty of times when a combination of 2 of Palmer, Rothwell, Samuel, Bennett and Conway will lead to us being predictable. 

I would actually agree with you. I like old fashioned wingers too, I just don’t think TM does. As I mentioned earlier, even when he has a winger in his ranks he plays them on the opposite flanks...lets see

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Our preseason has made one thing clear.  The first string 11 that played  Everton and Liverpool should hold their own this season.  Outside that we have zero quality.  Anyone who thinks we can go with what we have now is sadly mistaken.  Still 5 players short.

TBH it is only pre-season - losing today doesn't mean we will necessarily get relegated, just in the same way winning against Everton meant we will get promoted.

Did anyone play well today ?

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

TBH it is only pre-season - losing today doesn't mean we will necessarily get relegated, just in the same way winning against Everton meant we will get promoted.

Did anyone play well today ?

On hols.  Only seen the Liv and Everton games.  None of the youngsters seem to be standing out though and that includes the 2 new boys.  We need 3 first team ready bodies in whilst the youngsters try and stake a claim.

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Going to be a pretty crap signing at this level -especially for a striker- if it doesn't eclipse the Dack fee!

It will certainly make a mockery of our “transfer budget” if so.

8 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but what type of front man is this Nmecha? Target man or a quick skillful type?

Cheers 

Quick skillful type going off youtube clips

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Think he can play as a striker or out wide in a 4/2/3/1. 

Think thats why TM wants him...wants other options. He does like to play strikers in the 3 behind.