BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

I'm sure this lad might turn out to be decent but christ... We need an out and out centre forward! We're going into a season with our on capable centre forward being Graham who's 33 and can't do 90 mins. 

Reading a couple of city articles, the lad has played the number 9 role throughout his youth career.  Described as able to hold the ball up and pacy.  Scored the winner in the under 19 Euro finals this year.    Could be a good loan.  

Still want some permanent players though including at least 1 winger.

29 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Reading a couple of city articles, the lad has played the number 9 role throughout his youth career.  Described as able to hold the ball up and pacy.  Scored the winner in the under 19 Euro finals this year.    Could be a good loan.  

Still want some permanent players though including at least 1 winger.

Aye but that doesn't make him a capable centre forward at this level, it's a complete gamble. We need some proven up depth up there, which is why I suggested Pitman, scored 24 goals for Portsmouth last season and mustnt be on mega money there either. 

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Aye but that doesn't make him a capable centre forward at this level, it's a complete gamble. We need some proven up depth up there, which is why I suggested Pitman, scored 24 goals for Portsmouth last season and mustnt be on mega money there either. 

Proven in League One? 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Proven in League One? 

He won the Championship with Bournemouth. The guy is 30 and has tons of experience if you check his wiki - not a bad goal rate either.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Proven in League One? 

And the champ... Got double figures in 3 seasons as well as double figures in 2/3 seasons in league 1. Bar injuries probably would have scored a lot more. He's one of the better more realistic signings we could have made IMO... I suppose it doesn't really fit in with TM vision of investing in players with potential resale value and Portsmouth would want a decent fee I imagine after last season but again... Proven quality. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

And the champ... Got double figures in 3 seasons as well as double figures in 2/3 seasons in league 1. Bar injuries probably would have scored a lot more. He's one of the better more realistic signings we could have made IMO. 

Impressive. I feel like I should have known this, I don't suppose he was firing them in when K&an was manager here was he? That f8cking rat made me ignore football for years. 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Impressive. I feel like I should have known this, I don't suppose he was firing them in when K&an was manager here was he? That f8cking rat made me ignore football for years. 

Didnt know much about him either to be honest. 

100 goals in 300 games across two spells for Bournemouth. 24 in 38 games last season is pretty impressive in League One too. 

Decent shout actually.

• Like 2

Mowbray transfer update via the LT

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16384729.we-need-to-strengthen-the-group-rovers-transfer-update/

He said: “I would hope we could sign a few more players before the window shuts and a couple more before the loan window shuts.

“The team on Thursday showed that we’re more than capable of going in to the Championship with this group and competing as we need to.

11 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Disgusting excuse for a human... 

On Pitman, 24 goals for a bang average league 1 side should tell us enough to know that he is far too good to messing about in league 1 whilst he has some good seasons left in him. 

Edited by Neal

Nixon repeating rumours that have been around for weeks as his own. Theres a surprise.

Hope the Nmecha rumour isnt right, the lad has barely kicked a ball in competitive football. Im sure hes talented but compared to Armstrong who had scored goals prior, its a massive downgrade.

If we do get Nmecha, we then shouldnt buy another striker, we should spend that money on a winger, seeing as we need both.

@chaddyrovers them quotes are a bit concerning. Dont want us waiting until the end of next month to sign players, we need them as soon as possible, weve got some winnable games to get off to a crucial good start. Hope the Everton game, impressive as it was, hasnt pulled the wool over his eyes. We need players just as much.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Going to be a pretty crap signing at this level -especially for a striker- if it doesn't eclipse the Dack fee!

I’m quite sure the transfer world record was 50m+ when we made some absolute belting signings for peanuts.

Wasnt Samba cheaper than Dack? The fee is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Im sure hes talented but compared to Armstrong who had scored goals prior, its a massive downgrade.

This is nonsense without actually seeing him play!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Biz said:

This is nonsense without actually seeing him play!

Yeah, bad wording but I mean in terms of track record. 

I will give him a chance like I do any player, im not writing him off but I find it hard to get excited about a loan for a player whose only played youth football really.

Like I said, I am sure hes a talent, but you look at say the Palmer loan, hes impressed at this level so im more excited about that.

Im also surprised if City would loan him here as Graham is our first choice striker.

55 minutes ago, Neal said:

Oh I completely agree.  Need some physicality up top on a permanent basis.  City lad looks like a decent Loan though.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wouldn't mind seeing us sign either Charlie Wyke or Devante Cole up top.

I’d suggest Nuttall was a better option than both of them!

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, bad wording but I mean in terms of track record. 

I will give him a chance like I do any player, im not writing him off but I find it hard to get excited about a loan for a player whose only played youth football really.

Like I said, I am sure hes a talent, but you look at say the Palmer loan, hes impressed at this level so im more excited about that.

Im also surprised if City would loan him here as Graham is our first choice striker.

Might be more if the wide forward that we are looking for as opposed to Graham cover.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nixon repeating rumours that have been around for weeks as his own. Theres a surprise.

Hope the Nmecha rumour isnt right, the lad has barely kicked a ball in competitive football. Im sure hes talented but compared to Armstrong who had scored goals prior, its a massive downgrade.

If we do get Nmecha, we then shouldnt buy another striker, we should spend that money on a winger, seeing as we need both.

@chaddyrovers them quotes are a bit concerning. Dont want us waiting until the end of next month to sign players, we need them as soon as possible, weve got some winnable games to get off to a crucial good start. Hope the Everton game, impressive as it was, hasnt pulled the wool over his eyes. We need players just as much.

I know nothing about Nmecha as a player. seen him on YouTube and that's it. I would prefer Armstrong to be fair. Can play wide or up front and score goals. 

I not concerned about those quotes and I read it has he after at least more 4 signings. That's also tied in with some info a friend has just told me that he was told by Senior Rovers official that they will be 2 more signings this week after the Palmer loan signing.

The Everton performance was very impressive and the players are buying into Mowbray tactics and his style of play from what I have read and watched from the game reports and Highlights clips.   

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wouldn't mind seeing us sign either Charlie Wyke or Devante Cole up top.

Wyke could be an option buy he is currently injured at the minute

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

“The team on Thursday showed that we’re more than capable of going in to the Championship with this group and competing as we need to.

If the XI that started v Everton remain fit and in form for 46 games then they should be able to compete. However that hasn't really been the concern this summer. The concern is what else we have by way of options and depth that WILL be called upon sooner or later. People will also lose form. Foolish to believe what we have is enough just because our strongest side played well against Everton.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Biz said:

I’m quite sure the transfer world record was 50m+ when we made some absolute belting signings for peanuts.

Wasnt Samba cheaper than Dack? The fee is irrelevant.

Not really.  Our scouting network doesn't seem set up to find and attract the Sambas and Nzonzis of this world.  Dominic Samuel is the level that less than Dack's fee gets you these days.  The market has moved on.  

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If the XI that started v Everton remain fit and in form for 46 games then they should be able to compete. However that hasn't really been the concern this summer. The concern is what else we have by way of options and depth that WILL be called upon sooner or later. People will also lose form. Foolish to believe what we have is enough just because our strongest side played well against Everton.

Everton..who got battered 4-1 in their latest game.