BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy, thats the thing, they arent!

We dont know what is going to happen in terms of signings as you said.

People are saying that if we only sign loans theyll be annoyed, if theres a mix then theyll be happy. Loans are good as long as the club isnt overly reliant on them.

People saying this are then having their words taken out of context by people seemingly insistent on making people appear to be unrealistic, negative and pessimistic. No idea why.

To demonstrate that they are better, more loyal, fans because they support the manager, the club, the players, without question.

Those who do question, who demand better, are seen as pessimistic or negative, and usually made fun of.

It’s been like this for a long time. Although it has got much worse since Venkys and Kean rocked up and challenged that blind loyalty to its limits.

Chaddy made quite a statement earlier. A very bold prediction for this week’s business. If we don’t make those signings I’d expect him to be disappointed. He won’t be though. Or at least he won’t admit it.

• Like 6

Armstrong is a poor mans Michael Owen. Would anyone recommend playing Owen on the wing because he has pace. Armstrong is not a winger. Unless your signing him to play upfront where imo he would score us the goals we need then don't sign him and sign a winger. It's as clear as day that Armstrong is a striker

• Like 4

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont see why anyone is even thinking its only loans from here on in. Bizarre. 

You literally said that In your last post, rf99 responded then you just post the same line again?

• Like 6

My prediction is we'll get one loan, probably Palmer, announced before Ipswich and after that we'll at best get one permanent done before the deadline and another loan, two at the most, before the end of August. 

Anyone setting themselves up for a busy exciting week of several quality new signings I think will be disappointed.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Armstrong is a poor mans Michael Owen. Would anyone recommend playing Owen on the wing because he has pace. Armstrong is not a winger. Unless your signing him to play upfront where imo he would score us the goals we need then don't sign him and sign a winger. It's as clear as day that Armstrong is a striker

Im very big on playing players in their best positions. But I think Armstrong demonstrated last season, albeit at a lower level that hes very good from that position.

His pace is obviously a key in him being played there anyway when he sees himself as a striker, but he managed to continue to score goals from that position and also kept the width more than I expected him to as a natural striker, giving us natural width and stetching teams.

Obviously if he played as a striker here he would be doing it instead of Graham who is so good at being a foil and doing the dirty work. Many times it was Grahams intelligence and hold up that freed up Armstrong to get in behind.

18 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I disagree.I thought Armstrong played well as part of a three behind a lone front man and if I was him I'd be working hard to make that a permanent position. 

I don't think he has the height or strength to play up front on his own and it's rare you see teams playing with two strikers these days.

I agree he isn't an out and out winger but either side in a three I could see him developing into a very good player 

• Like 2

I think the people complaining about the negative vibe on here are doing so because there’s nothing to be negative about really. Not until the window closes.

Rovers are in a positive place, the players are working hard, the manager is a great fit for the club and his message has never changed. He’s happy with the budget and has maintained he wants 4 permanent signings and a couple of loans. Yes, he hoped to do his business early on all managers do but that wasn’t meant to be. Maybe the prices were high and he expects them to reduce towards the end of the window. I can definitely see us doing a cut price deal for Armstrong on deadline day. He’s not wanted there and hasn’t even gone on tour with them. Similarly, I can still see us doing cheaper deals for Bauer and Chapman too who are into the last year of their contracts.

When you look at the team we fielded against Everton, that team is good enough to finish mid table in my opinion. The reason we’re loaning these lads is because there’s no way we could afford them. 

And as the window has not shut and TM hasn’t suddenly come out saying they’re not signing anyone else and he’s having to sell his best players then most of us are happy, if not a little impatient.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

To demonstrate that they are better, more loyal, fans because they support the manager, the club, the players, without question.

Those who do question, who demand better, are seen as pessimistic or negative, and usually made fun of.

That is honestly the biggest contradiction ever. Unbelievable.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think the people complaining about the negative vibe on here are doing so because there’s nothing to be negative about really. Not until the window closes.

Rovers are in a positive place, the players are working hard, the manager is a great fit for the club and his message has never changed. He’s happy with the budget and has maintained he wants 4 permanent signings and a couple of loans. Yes, he hoped to do his business early on all managers do but that wasn’t meant to be. Maybe the prices were high and he expects them to reduce towards the end of the window. I can definitely see us doing a cut price deal for Armstrong on deadline day. He’s not wanted there and hasn’t even gone on tour with them. Similarly, I can still see us doing cheaper deals for Bauer and Chapman too who are into the last year of their contracts.

When you look at the team we fielded against Everton, that team is good enough to finish mid table in my opinion. The reason we’re loaning these lads is because there’s no way we could afford them. 

And as the window has not shut and TM hasn’t suddenly come out saying they’re not signing anyone else and he’s having to sell his best players then most of us are happy, if not a little impatient.

Often the negative vibe is peoples points being misconstrued and taken out of context, perceived to be negative.

No one has said the manager isnt a great fit for the club, or that they dont trust him, for example, yet thats one myth peddled down peoples throata a lot.

No one has said that they wont judge after the deadline either, people have often hypothetical conversations, again about things theyd like and expect, and are told not to judge yet.

The fact that we havent signed our targets yet could be for a multitude of reasons, I doubt Mowbray sees it as ideal, he said he wanted his business done early and obviously weve had slow starts in our last two seasons so its a valid point yet its misconstrued as blind panic.

• Like 7

My two pennies worth...

If we don't get a pacy winger and striker in then this will be a poor transfer window. Ideally permanent but at this stage a loan would do.

This is a rebuild job, but as the season progresses we need players who can stretch other teams...we have no one in the squad who has that pace.

• Like 3

I found the LT article and Mowbray quotes today encouraging, if confusing. A few days ago they were saying we would be signing 'up to' 4 players total by the end of both windows, which worried me as it implied we might run with 3. Today it seems to be suggesting we could see 5 more come in now.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont see why anyone is even thinking its only loans from here on in. Bizarre. 

Think it's because the deadline for permanent signings is fast approaching , and if Chapman and Armstrong were signing permanently they would have done so already 

9 minutes ago, AJW said:

Think it's because the deadline for permanent signings is fast approaching , and if Chapman and Armstrong were signing permanently they would have done so already 

I was told earlier today , Chapman is still a target but looking at January ...

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Very aware of the deadline thanks. 

Cant see Chapman coming back.

Armstrong very possible in my opinion.

Surprise Palmer loan deal not been done yet. Expect it to be today. Maybe tomorrow now. Could it be double signing tomorrow? 

5 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

You ever been randomly punched in the face after speaking to people haha you come across very snidey and condescending at times 

Sadly not pal. 

Think we all.know the deadline. Ive mention 2 different deadlines a few times last week. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sadly not pal. 

Think we all.know the deadline. Ive mention 2 different deadlines a few times last week. 

I'm not your pal.. Far from it .. Don't call me it again..   Yeah we know the deadline and we know we are under pressure to get some bodies in we all k know this