BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

I'm not your pal.. Far from it .. Don't call me it again..   Yeah we know the deadline and we know we are under pressure to get some bodies in we all k know this 

Pressure? Haha. 

I dont see it has pressure at all. 

You got to trust Mowbray and his staff to bring in the right players at the right price. Not over paying in this window for average players is a must. If it takes time it takes time. Simple as.

In Mowbray we trust

2 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

You ever been randomly punched in the face after speaking to people haha you come across very snidey and condescending at times 

He never used to. The Chaddy of old was pretty friendly, his optimistic outlook on all things Rovers almost matched by his optimistic outlook towards other fans. In fairness, I think he was twisted and embittered by the perpetual abuse he seemed to attract for being the epitome of the positivity spectrum. Being constantly under attack seems to have developed defence mechanisms in him, and to survive psychologically he has subsequently adopted the default attitude of a brfcs poster - condescension, unwarranted sarcasm, hubris, and a propensity for indulging in catfights.

To be fair, some of the stuff people used to hurl at him, I'd have been snapping at them a lot sooner and a lot harder. A lot of people used to genuinely feel sorry for him and asked others to lay off him. So, it is understandable to an extent. Sadly, this survivalist adaptation period has cultivated a persistent paranoia that everything of an opposing view may be a personal slight.

I miss the old Chaddy.

The biography - The Evolution Of Chaddy, penned by myself - is available in all substandard bookstores now.

Edited by bluebruce
Typo
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pressure? Haha. 

You got to trust Mowbray and his staff to bring in the right players at the right price. Not over paying in this window for average players is a must. If it takes time it takes time. Simple as.

In Mowbray we trust

Chaddy. No one is saying that they dont trust Mowbray, so please stop suggesting that. 

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very aware of the deadline thanks. 

Cant see Chapman coming back.

Armstrong very possible in my opinion.

Surprise Palmer loan deal not been done yet. Expect it to be today. Maybe tomorrow now. Could it be double signing tomorrow? 

When the Palmer deal first broke both in the telegraph and SSN said the paperwork would be completed on monday

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Just seen this pop up

D5ABA8E6-0DE4-47DD-88B9-83C3CEBC6E47.jpeg

Way he he carries on though this could be a confirmation or a denial!

I read that as a denial, it's clear anyway that we aren't in the market for such a calibre of player. 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pressure? Haha. 

In Mowbray we trust

Chaddy, nobody is saying they don't trust Mowbray.

The market is what it is,the price of players has gone up we can complain about it all we want and to an extent I agree we shouldn't be going crazy but after the good season we had last year and a bit of a feel good factor returning to Ewood and the rise in season ticket prices then I expected the owners to back Mowbray a little better. 

To date we have spent about 800k on 2 young players which is nothing really.Like I said I wasn't expecting millions to be spent but I thought he might have been given the funds and the go ahead to bring in 3 or 4 around the 2 or 2.5 million mark.

The owners always release statements telling us they are committed to getting the club back to the premier league if that's true then they need to be loosening the purse strings

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very aware of the deadline thanks. 

I don't think you mean it sometimes but you don't half come across as aggressive or antagonistic Chaddy.

You asked why people thought we were relying on loan signings now and AJW said it was because of the impending deadline.

He wasn't disagreeing with you in any way whatsoever. Nor was he suggesting you didn't know when the deadline was.

Yet your opening line in reply is as though he was having a pop. 

As for my opinion, I'll see what position we are in when the window shuts before I get excited or depressed. I don't agree that relying on the loan market is necessarily a bad thing. The Armstrong loan gave us an extra dimension at the end of last season. I still think many positions can be strengthened but Centre Half, Winger and striker priority for me. 

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sadly not pal. 

Think we all.know the deadline. Ive mention 2 different deadlines a few times last week. 

Sadly not? Do you have a fetish for self harm? (That was a joke by the way)

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think there are probably more posts in this thread about Chaddy than posts from Chaddy himself....

Give it another year or so and Chaddy will officially be a Z list celebrity with enough fame to justify being on a low quality reality tv show.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Aren't we all sadists for supporting Rovers?

Yeah, it’s been hell. What with the Full Members Cup win, the eventual promotion at Wembley, winning the league, the league cup win, those European trips, fa cup semi finals. It’s been bloody awful.

Interspersed with a few relegations, these crappy owners, admittedly. But come on...

in the scheme of things I reckon 80% or clubs would have swapped places with us.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think there are probably more posts in this thread about Chaddy than posts from Chaddy himself....

Sad ain’t it. If only there was an ignore function.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Just seen Chapman set up a goal yesterday with a run from deep inside his own half, he’s going to be on Boros bench I think, we may have missed the window to get him in at a good price.

Mowbray said earlier that he knew the price and it was cheap, hope we don’t regret this one he’s going to be a star.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Just seen Chapman set up a goal yesterday with a run from deep inside his own half, he’s going to be on Boros bench I think, we may have missed the window to get him in at a good price.

Mowbray said earlier that he knew the price and it was cheap, hope we don’t regret this one he’s going to be a star.

So a player that we know all about, with definite ability, and who fits in with the squad, is available “cheap” - which by our standards is 50p-and-a-curly-wurly territory - and we didn’t jump at it?

He’d better have someone bloody good lined up, cos a 5 month loan of a PL youngster doesn’t really stand up.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

Mowbray wouldn't have said the price was cheap, would he? That'd be a pretty horrendous negotiating position.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray wouldn't have said the price was cheap, would he? That'd be a pretty horrendous negotiating position.

I was there when he said it, maybe I’m misremembering the exact words but he certainly said there was a deal there to be done if he fancied.