BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Cheers. You can release the names now as you are apparently ITK!

I am still intrigued as to how Neo has such good connections over in Norway

47 minutes ago, DE. said:

As our debt is mostly owed to our idiot owners it will only really become a problem whenever they leave - assuming they don't choose to wipe it out. Until then it is, at this point, just an astronomical figure that we can't ever hope to pay off and will continue to get bigger. In fact, the ONLY way we could ever realistically hope to pay it off is by getting promoted into the Premier League. We'll never make a worthwhile profit in the Championship.

As an aside, how utterly mismanaged were we to end up with such ridiculous debt? We've made a net profit most seasons as far as transfer fees are concerned, so it's not like we've spent big on transfers and that's how we've ended up in massive debt. It's just been horrendous mismanagement at numerous levels - particularly when it comes to contracts, which have typically been way too long in length and way too high in wage. Even recently you could argue that signing Caddis up for two years was a stupid, unnecessary decision which is costing us an extra year's worth of wages for a player who wasn't even useful last season in a lower division.

But really it's the likes of Murphy, Etuhu, Orr and Best that have fucked us over. Terrible decisions and god only knows what we've been paying in wages and signing on/agent fees to end up over £100m in the red.   

And when you consider the incoming transfer fees, 1.5 years in the premier league , plus all the parachute payments under the Venky's, it really is an eye watering achievement to be over £100 million in debt

Hence, many feel that there is something  unusual about money going through this club. Ah, more dirty linen!

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

And when you consider the incoming transfer fees, 1.5 years in the premier league , plus all the parachute payments under the Venky's, it really is an eye watering achievement to be over £100 million in debt

Hence, many feel that there is something  unusual about money going through this club. Ah, more dirty linen!

There is nothing unusual, that's the result of running a 2 mill decifit each month. That's 24 mill each year. People overestimate the impact of transfer fees, when it's wages that kills you. 

1 minute ago, briansol said:

There is nothing unusual, that's the result of running a 2 mill decifit each month. That's 24 mill each year. People overestimate the impact of transfer fees, when it's wages that kills you. 

And pay offs.

Do people remember we spent about 10m on sacking then being sued by managers in one season alone? That doesn’t include the wages we paid them or the signing on fees etc.

I genuinely can’t believe we are back to this tbh.

• Like 1

Is Chapman such a risk ? It's seems to me that rewards far out way the negatives. The lads got talent. He would make a massive difference to our team. A good run in the team and his value would rocket but more importantly he is exactly what we need. He's a young fit lad with the best medical equipment money can buy and a full medical team around him. Most young lads recover. For the fees being banded about he's an absolute steel and a no brainier for me. For what it's worth I would start him every week and fail to see what Tony doesn't see 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

Im so excited I might just have to read the rest of this in the bathroom ?

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Exactly my thoughts in respect of Downing. He probably isn't good enough for the championship so why sign him, unless it really was a cheap deal.

He was signed in January with (IMO) 100% the precaution of us missing out on promotion and losing both Mulgrew and Lenihan. Still, not like Downing would have turned us down this summer had we stayed in L1.

In some parallel universe out there we are preparing for Luton away in our second L1 season with a team of Leutwiler, Caddis, Wharton, Downing, Hart, Smallwood, Tomlinson, Conway, Gladwin, Samuel, Nutall.

The horror.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

1 minute ago, Igloo5090 said:

If it’s Mark Beevers I think I’m going to cry

Its not, there was an article today quoting their chairman had rejected a bid and he isn't for sale. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Palmer will be one as we already know about it - Really hoping Maddisson or Armstrong for the other but got a feeling I will be disappointed.

Just now, TruRover said:

Anyone got a name other than palmer? 

People shouldn't trust https://twitter.com/McConnellJamie as a source. He just seen Bennett's interview and done a spin on it, hence he is not giving the name of the second player. 

Just now, briansol said:

People shouldn't trust https://twitter.com/McConnellJamie as a source. He just seen Bennett's interview and done a spin on it, hence he is not giving the name of the second player. 

If people 'ITK' truly knew, they would say.

I prefer not knowing personally. I used to love the days when players just signed (often on a Thursday evening for some reason).  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Amazing they can bid anything at all with their financial situation.

Looks like Heathcotes just became a victim https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/a-note-from-the-chairman6/

cash only tills last week now they've terminated the contract for their catering partner.

Bauer bids rejected https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/bolton-and-blackburn-both-miss-out-on-charlton-defender-bauer-as-german-offered-new-deal/

Edited by Scotland1

3 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

I for one would have him back on the right wages but I think that he blotted his copybook with Mowbray by turning up late. We need forwards and maybe it's time to forgive and forget.