BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

May only be one but it's a heck of a signing. Palmer is just the kind of signing we need, he can play across that attacking 3 behind the striker all to great effect and has plenty of pace. Really impressed. Even more so with it being a season long loan rather than the 6months previously suggested. Imo he is a promotion callibre signing. We need a couple more like it.

10 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Glad to have Palmer on a season long deal but wow how anti climatic is that.. All that for a loan? .. Using agent Benno they must of known we as fans would of been thinking Armstrong and or Chapman?  

I honestly don't think they did.

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

May only be one but it's a heck of a signing. Palmer is just the kind of signing we need, he can play across that attacking 3 behind the striker all to great effect and has plenty of pace. Really impressed. Even more so with it being a season long loan rather than the 6months previously suggested. Imo he is a promotion callibre signing. We need a couple more like it.

Izzy Brown next please!!!!

Just been going through kasey’s twitter and players in common with large majority of rovers squad including Bennett are:

Danny Williams. Huddersfield/USMNT

Damari Grey. Leicester 

Any of these seem like potential loans or even signings? 

Edited by markhayhurst

11 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Glad to have Palmer on a season long deal but wow how anti climatic is that.. All that for a loan? .. Using agent Benno they must of known we as fans would of been thinking Armstrong and or Chapman?  

Or maybe Armstrong(possible) deal has been held up at Newcastle end. Look at Ryan Grant tweets I posted on here. I know is Speculation but we see. 

If you look at Bennett/Palmer pic used on Rovers site, it was taking in Sunshine but for the last couple of hours its been cloudy/raining. So maybe something held up the Palmer deal or the other deal

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I agree its a good signing and give us quality. 

• Like 1

Certainly has good pedigree in this division having helped Hudds to promotion and then Derby to the playoffs last season. Bit of a bigger challenge for him with us but pretty happy with this loan move. Just hope we get a couple of perms in (ideally a striker and winger).

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

“I’m trying to loosen the burden on Bradley Dack, Danny Graham, Dominic Samuel, those sort of players. They need some help and after losing Adam Armstrong, Jack Payne, Harry Chapman, we have really lost a lot of attacking minding players," Tony told iFollow Rovers.

:unsure:

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Doesn't look like Armstrong and Chapman are happening if you take that sentence at face value then, although deep down I think we all knew they wouldn't happen anyway!

As been mentioned on here, I don't think Mowbray is that keen on Chapman too be honest. Armstrong, we can't afford him. 

Just now, Butty said:

As been mentioned on here, I don't think Mowbray is that keen on Chapman too be honest. Armstrong, we can't afford him. 

I just don't get the whole AgentBenno thing if its not something to do with one (or ideally both) of those two.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

I think we'll sign Armstrong  for around the £1m mark but through fear of injuries, pass on Chapman.  I honestly think that Chapman will have a super career though.  Unfortunately, we don't have the money to gamble with.

• Like 1

I'd never expect them to announce two signings simultaneously or even in the same afternoon unless they had to. So whilst I hope and expect we've got a few other irons in the fire even if they're done and dusted the club wouldn't announce them all at once. There's way too much publicity and fun to be had on social media these days, they can have thousands hanging on their every word for days on end.

I'm not overly fussed about Chapman, I'd have him back happily as he'd probably be a decent option but not sure whether he's ready to start games and also have fitness concerns. Armstrong much more important in my opinion although more difficult to get done if we're scrimping our way through the market.

Palmer is a positive step but several more needed!

Just now, imy9 said:

Isn't Palmer a winger? He can play in any of the three attacking positions (assuming behind the striker). 

Think Number 10 is his best position but he is also able to play well on either side of that. Imagine he will slot in the three behind to one side of Dack and be Dacks backup if he ever gets any niggles. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Palmee signs

So, we’re finally able to announce the good news! Got there in the end, #AgentBenno! 

#KaseClosed ?️♂️ https://t.co/TBOyVP0D4G

Rich Sharpe says

Kasey Palmer. Announced. 21-year-old Chelsea attacking midfielder joins #Rovers on a season-long loan deal from Chelsea.

Palmee eh. Very familiar Chaddy! 

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think we'll sign Armstrong  for around the £1m mark but through fear of injuries, pass on Chapman.  I honestly think that Chapman will have a super career though.  Unfortunately, we don't have the money to gamble with.

If Middlesbrough would agree, we could get him on a season long loan with an agreed purchase price. Then we would get best of both worlds i.e. he’d be tried and tested. Even though his contract would be up they would still be eligible for compensation, so an agreed price at this stage may work for both parties. 

• Like 2