BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, DE. said:

In my view the decisions taken then have a massive impact on our current position, so I completely disagree and would say the bitterness and anger is wholly justified.

We all KNOW just what those bastards did to the club, the point is what can we do about and how does hiring Kean become important to 2018 summer transfer discussion? Or signing Dixon Etuhu’s contract, hiring Coyle instead of Warnock, we all know they were bad decisions and have a knock on but what relevance to today’s market and our intentions going forward does that have? I’m talking about something constructive DE.

If you try to point out how things have obviously moved on, you’re labelled arrogant, unable to accept criticism of the club or manager or just basically a WUM.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Diaz would be my guess or Kean Bryan maybe Brandon barker

Kean Bryan is followed on instagram by Bennett, Kasey, Nuttall so maybe a gd shout.Also Armstrong by him! ? 

Edited by markhayhurst

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it is very unfair of you to associate the person who asked him if he is ever positive about Rovers with "being a dick". It was a harmless question. Are you ever positive about Rovers? He could just answer it. Bizzare that a protection party has formed, including a mod. 

Or I could just refuse to answer the question, as I tend to do when I think it is silly and needless.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately in Chelsea's case there are lots and lots of other Todd Kanes. Players who will have been lured to Chelsea as kids, moulded in Chelsea's academy and then spend their careers being farmed out all over the place. Kane will be 25 by the time he leaves Hull at the end of his loan and will have never kicked a ball in anger for Chelsea whilst moving round countless loan clubs.

As there are big drawbacks to ourselves relying on loan players, there are drawbacks to these sort of players who waste their careers with a nomadic existence when if they had put down roots at a decent Championship club or lower Premier League club there is every chance that over a few years they would develop into first team players.

The drawback to Rovers on relying upon loans is we have a nomadic existence ourselves where we cannot properly plan or develop a squad or identity because each and every summer we are waiting until the 11th hour until we discover who, if anyone, we are able to borrow, rather than seizing control of our destiny by owning our players.

Tammy Abraham - now 20 - last 2 years on loan at Swansea and Bristol City, 2 appearances for Chelsea

Ola Aina - now 21 - 3 appearances in 3 years at Chelsea, last season on loan at Hull

Lewis Baker - now 23 - never kicked a ball for Chelsea, last 3 years out on loan at Sheff Weds, MK Dons, Vitesse, Middlesbrough and now Leeds

Jeremie Boga - 1 appearance in 3 years at Chelsea - 3 years on loan at Rennes, Granada and Birmingham

Fankaty Dabo - 0 appearances - loans at Swindon and Vitesse

Michael Hector - 0 appearances - loans at Reading, Frankfurt and Hull

Tomas Kalas - now 25 - 2 appearances - loans at Vitesse, Cologne, Middlesbrough x 2 and Fulham x 2

Todd Kane - 24 - 0 appearances - loans at PNE, Rovers, Bristol City, Forest, Nijmegen, Groningen, Oxford and Hull

Kasey Palmer - 0 appearances - loans at Huddersfield x 2, Derby and Rovers

Plenty of others on the list.

That's their business model by all accounts. Sign players, send them on loan all over Europe to enhance their reputation, and then sell for a profit. Or just nick them off the likes of Charlton like they did with Palmer.

I think we might have been in a position where we had only one senior centre forward of any note before in Dickov early in Hughes reign ?

Not long after that we had Benni Mc, Bellamy, Santa Cruz etc.

Over to you Tony ?

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, just find the moderation a bit one sided at times. Asking someone if they are ever positive about Rovers now bordering on unacceptable, apparently 

It’s not one sided at all. In fact, loads of warnings have been dished out to those on the other side of the debate. It’s mostly down to manners and respect tbh.

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That's a bottom six 11 IMO. But it does match that ambition that the owners keep banging on about. That was the same players that got us relegated last time albeit Smallwood helped Rotherham on their way. Graham's a year older. Only Samuel and dack  weren't apart of a relegation that season and Samuel couldbt cut it at league 1 level.  Bar dack with no champions experience ( although he is easily good enough) and Palmer who signed yesterday it doesn't bode well if your factor in squad depth It's easy to over estimate our players after last season

With respect Gregg you aren't the first to ignore the short-trousered elephant in the room that was Coyle when talking about our relegation. He was the ONLY reason we went down. We now have a fitter, better, more motivated squad. A squad that doesn't waddle on to the pitch chewing a doughnut each (mainly because Caddis has already had them). 

Our 1st eleven is no worse than the likes of PNE, Millwall and Sheff Utd of last season. In fact I'd take our squad above all theirs (unless any have broken the bank this summer which I doubt). They were all top 10 in the end. With a fair wind with decisions and injuries I'd expect us to be anywhere from 18th to 8th. I think we have too much quality to go down and manager pragmatic enough to get results. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

It’s not one sided at all. In fact, loads of warnings have been dished out to those on the other side of the debate. It’s mostly down to manners and respect tbh.

I don't think asking someone a question "are they ever positive about Rovers?" displays bad manner or a lack of respect. 

Anyways, no point laboring the point on the transfer thread 

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

With respect Gregg you aren't the first to ignore the short-trousered elephant in the room that was Coyle when talking about our relegation. He was the ONLY reason we went down. We now have a fitter, better, more motivated squad. A squad that doesn't waddle on to the pitch chewing a doughnut each (mainly because Caddis has already had them). 

Our 1st eleven is no worse than the likes of PNE, Millwall and Sheff Utd of last season. In fact I'd take our squad above all theirs (unless any have broken the bank this summer which I doubt). They were all top 10 in the end. With a fair wind with decisions and injuries I'd expect us to be anywhere from 18th to 8th. I think we have too much quality to go down and manager pragmatic enough to get results. 

Agree with all of that post.

The break did you good! ;) 

A work colleague has just returned from a holiday in Portugal and told me he met a rovers fan out there who knows Joe Garner and said that he's very unsettled at Ipswich and would love to return to the North West, preferably back to Rovers.

As always with these things take it with a large pinch of salt, no indication that we are even interested, personally not sure it would be the answer to our striker wishes either but just thought I'd pass it on for potential debate!