BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Interesting comments from TM, clearly he’s targeting some more proven players at this level, which can’t be a bad thing. I still think Armstrong may end up here but I’m not sure he feels he can rely on chapman with his injury record. 

Presumably he has some ambitious targets in mind. 

He must do if Armstrong and Chapman are D listers!

Just now, rovers11 said:

Interesting comments from TM, clearly he’s targeting some more proven players at this level, which can’t be a bad thing. I still think Armstrong may end up here but I’m not sure he feels he can rely on chapman with his injury record. 

Presumably he has some ambitious targets in mind. 

That’s exactly what I read! Interesting

• Backroom

Free transfers are generally free for a reason, especially if they're 30 or under, so chances are only a couple of Bolton's signings are likely to make much of an impact.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Free transfers are generally free for a reason, especially if they're 30 or under, so chances are only a couple of Bolton's signings are likely to make much of an impact.

Looks to me like they’re making the best of a very limited budget to pad out their squad. Loads of my mates are strongly associated to Bolton. I can’t wait to hammer them!! 

Maybe Mowbray is being clever - if he says that Chapman and Armstrong are our two main targets then the fees suddenly jump up? I would love us to be after more proven players however would be over the moon if we got these 2 over the line...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meadows said:

The chicken dance he’s done throughout his career? We’re ruling out signings because of players’ chosen past celebrations now? And when has he slagged Rovers off? 

Are you saying that that chicken dance in front of the Blackburn End had nothing to do with Venky's? A genuine question, by the way..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Stoke wanting to buy him tho. Mowbray wanted him

Mowbray said “bought” which is past tense as you well know. This implies a target has already been bought. Gallagher has not been bought.

Interesting extra information on Armstrong below

”Armstrong is away in Portugal with his Newcastle team-mates. The 21-year-old came off the bench against Porto last weekend and is likely to get another run-out against Braga tomorrow night. Armstrong – who helped England's Under-21s win the Toulon Tournament this summer – spoke about his future earlier this month while in Ireland. “For me, it’s taking every day as it comes,” said Armstrong, who has made 21 first-team appearances for Newcastle.
“I’m training hard. No-one’s said I’m going out on loan or leaving or staying. I’ve just got to keep on working every day and showing the gaffer what I can do.”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Looks to me like they’re making the best of a very limited budget to pad out their squad. Loads of my mates are strongly associated to Bolton. I can’t wait to hammer them!! 

Big Sam made some very shrewd signings for Bolton without breaking the bank.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Likewise mate. I like the fact that whilst we both often come at things from a diffeeent angle your points are logical and balanced...

in terms of the timing of the deals, they just get done when they get done. It takes so much to come together and this is especially difficult when the buying club isn’t prepared to pay over the odds. So ideally I’m sure TM would’ve loved to get his forward options over the line sooner but it just wasn’t doable.

Not sure if you’ve seen Rich Sharpes article this evening but I read a lot into that. Basically saying that Armstrong and Chapman are way down the pecking order as they have not got the experience or goals in the Championship. Suggested that they were on his ‘D’ list and he was hoping to choose from his ‘’B’ list. I don’t know about you but if Arma and Chapman are on our D list then I’m bloody excited to see who’s on our B!!! ?

Agree with the last bit.  Those would be great as a back up plan lol That said it also indicates missing out on his A list which is what we summised. Hence the lack of incomings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meadows said:

Garner has pretty much celebrated every goal of his career with it. Yes I’m saying it’s sbsolutely nothing to do with Venkys. 

Anyway, the only serious question for me is what he could bring to the team.

If Rangers could sign Mo Johnson after all his sign of the cross celebrations in front of their fans, when he scored for Celtic, perhaps I could forgive a mere chicken dance...

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think we missed him as much as we might have done but that meant having to play Bennett there. Two good right backs there.

I agree 100%. Bennett was excellent there but the knock on was the energy went flat in CM for some games until Evans put a few shifts in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

If Rangers could sign Mo Johnson after all his sign of the cross celebrations in front of their fans, when he scored for Celtic, perhaps I could forgive a mere chicken dance...

???

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

As far as free transfers go they aren't bad, but I imagine Bolton will be fighting at the wrong end of the division this year no matter what - even with the midfield dynamo that is Jason Lowe marshaling the midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Mowbray admits former loanees Harry Chapman and Adam Armstrong are among the club’s targets - but not at the top of their list.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16389050.they-are-in-the-mix-rovers-boss-on-chapman-and-armstrong/

Pretty darned depressing reading when the so called "D" targets (Armstrong and Chapman) are evidently out of our grasp and TM is trying to dress it up as though we weren't really after them in the first place.  Although I could actually believe that in the case of Chapman as nothing TM has ever said would indicate he particularly rates him.

The player referred to for £7m would appear to be a clear reference to Gallagher who we were only reportedly in for on loan and I don't think he's as good as Armstrong anyway

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Agree with the last bit.  Those would be great as a back up plan lol That said it also indicates missing out on his A list which is what we summised. Hence the lack of incomings.

Yes. Looks like his ‘A’ list was one of Bamford, Gallagher etc which surely means we have £2-3m to spend???

8 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I'm not convinced he wasn't taking the pee either.  That said, he's a niggly little git who occupies defenders constantly. And has scored at champ level. The niggly bit is something we don't currently have.  On that basis,  he'd be worth considering.  Wouldn't take him above Armstrong though.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Pretty darned depressing reading when the so called "D" targets (Armstrong and Chapman) are evidently out of our grasp and TM is trying to dress it up as though we weren't really after them in the first place.  Although I could actually believe that in the case of Chapman as nothing TM has ever said would indicate he particularly rates him.

The player referred to for £7m would appear to be a clear reference to Gallagher who we were only reportedly in for on loan and I don't think he's as good as Armstrong anyway

Did he not say that he can get the D targets but why would you when the B targets are within reach??

We’re working away but would rather sign signing B rather than signing D. And although we can get signing D we will try and get signing B. And that’s why things can get held up at times.”

Edited by imy9
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Eh!!!!!???????

“We’re working away but would rather sign signing B rather than signing D. And although we can get signing D we will try and get signing B. And that’s why things can get held up at times.”

That says to me that both Arma and Chapman are ‘d’ signings who are available to sign now but that Mowbray wants to persist with his ‘B’ signing (after missing out on the ‘A’ who went for £7m). How on earth do you see that as ‘pretty darned depressing’? ??‍♂️

• Like 2