BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Backroom
Just now, JeffRover said:

There is no evidence that we are going to end up with nobody or loan 4 more players into the club. Mowbray said "we know we can get our D targets" so while we'd all like to get the best players possible, the chances of signing nobody are remotely slim and not worth the discussion really.

I sincerely hope you're right. Fingers crossed we start the season with Armstrong, Chapman and a few other players of genuine quality to really give this squad competition for places and a bit of much needed depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

If we signed Armstrong and Chapman I’d suggest most Rovers fans would be happy.

So them being our D options means that either way we should end up being very happy by Aug 9th

Happy Rovers fans?? I've heard it all now ?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Strange and poor interview from Mowbray in my opinion, don’t understand what he has to gain from it. It seems like he has trouble to not try to explain himself when he’s getting a bit of stick, he’s too honest.

The only thing he could gain from saying something like this is to reduce the price of Armstrong/Chapman but then I’m not sure how they’d take being the D choice (unless he’s telling the two of them something different in private).

I’d rather he just keep his mouth shut if I’m honest, the top managers don’t tell the press what their A, B, C, and D choices are.

Would it not be daft to publically say they were top of our list if we are trying to get both for reasonable fees. I am sure both players and their agents know whether Mowbray is interested irrespective of what he says in the paper. Both players are risks - one is injury prone while the other has never quite made it in the Championship. I like both - but totally agree if he is refusing to pay daft money for either.

55 minutes ago, briansol said:

Think so, but we could never afford those wages which was the reason he couldn't agree a new contract. Far too good for Championship so I reckon he will have a payday in China or somewhere exotic.

Wants 85k per week

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Stoke wanting to buy him tho. Mowbray wanted him

Has there been a solid link to Gallagher?

I know Nixon linked us but the 3 players we have brought in he wasn’t close to breaking instead insisting we were going for Kent etc 

Anyway still would have loved us to bring in Chapman and Armstrong but have to agree it’s exciting if he’s after players a level or two above them

Big couple of weeks 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I agree we need a niggly, Speedie/Dickov type.

Re the chicken dance, somebody I know says that in the days before that Rovers game, Garner was in the De Lacy, going on about how he was going to celebrate in that way, if he scored at Ewood....

I had no idea that it was something he did every time he scored throughout his career...

If he does sign for Rovers and starts to do that every time he scores, I guess we will be calling it post irony!

He does that celebration and did from 2014 until he left PNE because John Welsh got a christ the redeemer tattoo that looks more like a bird whilst they had a pre season holiday to New York

I find this concept of 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' lists as a load of illogical nonsense.

I can accept there are positional lists - Bauer (A), Beavers (B) Elliot Ward (Z) - but if he buys Bauer for 5x the price of Beavers, will the money be available for the 'A' player on the Winger and Striker lists (Maddison or Armstrong)

Basically if (overall #1) player 'A' is someone like Marcus Maddison, TM knows he can't afford his top 2/3 options for CB (Bauer) and striker (Luca Toni).

There is probably zero chance we can get every player from his A list... we probably can't even afford all from B. 

The question is does he go and sign one 'A' player (Dack, 2017) if it therefore means all we can afford are scraps from list 'D'... a la Caddis, Hart, Gladwin.

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I find this concept of 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' lists as a load of illogical nonsense.

I can accept there are positional lists - Bauer (A), Beavers (B) Elliot Ward (Z) - but if he buys Bauer for 5x the price of Beavers, will the money be available for the 'A' player on the Winger and Striker lists (Maddison or Armstrong)

Basically if (overall #1) player 'A' is someone like Marcus Maddison, TM knows he can't afford his top 2/3 options for CB (Bauer) and striker (Luca Toni).

There is probably zero chance we can get every player from his A list... we probably can't even afford all from B. 

The question is does he go and sign one 'A' player (Dack, 2017) if it therefore means all we can afford are scraps from list 'D'... a la Caddis, Hart, Gladwin.

That's the entire point... looking at it objectively. You don't buy players from the A lists throughout, you work out which combination of A,B,C and D gives you the best team. Is it A, C, C, D? Is it B, B, B, C? Is it A, B, C, D?

• Like 1

The way I see it is that we’re replacing Payne, Chapman and Armstrong from the league one squad. Palmer has come in as an upgrade on Payne (hopefully), and I think Mowbray is trying to do the same with Chapman and Armstrong. Personally I think there are better players out there than Chapman and Armstrong, but would obviously welcome them back.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

He does that celebration and did from 2014 until he left PNE because John Welsh got a christ the redeemer tattoo that looks more like a bird whilst they had a pre season holiday to New York

Imagine confusing  the 5th largest statue of Jesus in the world with a medicated, Venky chicken!

We have budget left over from January. I also know that Venkys are willing to back TM with money but they want to do it in a way that doesn't risk the club financially.

The model we need is a Huddersfield where you have a brilliant scouting system and trust in the research your recruitment team does.

It is just like any other business. Getting the most intelligent staff member isn't always right.

They need to fit into the team dynamic and not change up the dressing room.

I would be happy with our business if we had 2 strikers come in and maybe 2 others. That could be RB CB or wingers.

I think we will split our business. We know we can get Armstrong on loan as a last resort with a view to a permanent as he has 2 years left on his deal. Personally this is best option for us as 3m is fairly expensive for someone no proven in championship. (However Score 10 goals in championship and could be worth 10-15m these days)

• Backroom

Not first team related but I noticed on the under 23 team sheet at Kendal was ‘Ennis Bunjacki’ a google suggests it’s likely to be Enis Bunjaki, ex Germany under 17, 18 and 20 player currently a free agent after being released from Twente.

He must have had some potential at some point you would think! 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Igloo5090 said:

The way I see it is that we’re replacing Payne, Chapman and Armstrong from the league one squad. Palmer has come in as an upgrade on Payne (hopefully), and I think Mowbray is trying to do the same with Chapman and Armstrong. Personally I think there are better players out there than Chapman and Armstrong, but would obviously welcome them back.

There is better out there if you can afford it.... Which seemingly we can't and that makes TM comments even more baffling... Especially at this stage of the window. Strange comments. 

20 minutes ago, ewoodnews said:

We have budget left over from January. I also know that Venkys are willing to back TM with money but they want to do it in a way that doesn't risk the club financially.

The model we need is a Huddersfield where you have a brilliant scouting system and trust in the research your recruitment team does.

It is just like any other business. Getting the most intelligent staff member isn't always right.

I would be happy with our business if we had 2 strikers come in and maybe 2 others. That could be RB CB or wingers.

I think we will split our business. We know we can get Armstrong on loan as a last resort with a view to a permanent as he has 2 years left on his deal. Personally this is best option for us as 3m is fairly expensive for someone no proven in championship. (However Score 10 goals in championship and could be worth 10-15m these days)

They have already put us in financial ruin? ?‍♂️

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ewoodnews said:

The model we need is a Huddersfield where you have a brilliant scouting system and trust in the research your recruitment team does.

Essentially cannot argue with that.  However in my opinion the modal we need is the same one as when Venkys took over, that is before certain agents pulled the purse strings and look where it ended.  Financial fair play because they allowed themselves  to be shafted by said agent even bringing in the desperate manager because it suited their so called modal and they were so arrogant they couldn't see it.

Excuse the rant but as you say we are now back to scouting systems but Venkys owe this club big time.  Their mismanagement has cost both them and us but the responsibility lies with the owners, as they make all decisions.

They need to sort it!

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not first team related but I noticed on the under 23 team sheet at Kendal was ‘Ennis Bunjacki’ a google suggests it’s likely to be Enis Bunjaki, ex Germany under 17, 18 and 20 player currently a free agent after being released from Twente.

He must have had some potential at some point you would think! 

Is that a trialist? Sounds like an anagram name!

• Like 1