BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Wasn't Murphy the one who Bowyer was set to sign in a deal poss worth up to a million but Leeds jumped in and he chose them because of the big crowds etc ?

Think we dodged a bullet there tbh and anyone who might have attitude problems doesn't fit in with TMs way.

Yeah I think we got Cairney instead 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Is he better than Dack though ? Could you play both in the same team ?

Think my answer to that would have to be, if the manager can fit Armstrong, Dack and Graham in the same team, then he can make Clough, Dack and Graham work. Down to manager styles and he would fit into Mowbrays way.

I reckon a trio of, clough - dack - palmer behind graham would certainly give us a lot of creativity. 

The only issue is that it would make us abit narrow, which in some aspects wouldn't be to much of a bad thing due to the fact most teams who will play us this season will be looking to attack rather than to sit in and defend, so being narrow would make us hard to play through, along with us potentially having some intricuate attractive play at the top end of the pitch. However if we were to play with a narrow 3  behind the striker then you have to have fullbacks who bomb forward constantly to provide width, which we haven't really seen from our fullbacks, in particular Williams, so not sure it would work. 

So having said that I do think we need to bring in a natural wideman who will give us width and pace because in tight games that's what can make the difference in opening a team up. 

• Like 2

Like the idea of Nmecha from City despite him going against everything Id like currently like from a striker. Think this would represent a bold move from the club and could add a bit of excitement. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, JAL said:

Like the idea of Nmecha from City despite him going against everything Id like currently like from a striker. Think this would represent a bold move from the club and could add a bit of excitement. 

You feeling okay?

• Like 3

"Ashley Williams, Kevin Mirallas, Cuco Martina and Nikola Vlasic have been told to train away from Everton’s first team squad by Marco Silva" 

Williams are on his way to Stoke on loan, any chance for us to be looking at either Mirallas or Vlasic ?

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, Swanson said:

"Ashley Williams, Kevin Mirallas, Cuco Martina and Nikola Vlasic have been told to train away from Everton’s first team squad by Marco Silva" 

Williams are on his way to Stoke on loan, any chance for us to be looking at either Mirallas or Vlasic ?

Out of our league, those two.

Mirallas going to Olympiakos I reckon and Vlasic is still very young and highly rated....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Vlasic is highly rated by a few of my Everton mates. Young, quick and a very direct runner. Would love to sign him up though I expect his wages will be too much for us. Sure a top level team on the continent will be willing to take a chance on him ahead of us. 

17 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I couldn't disagree more on that. I wouldn't be at all unhappy if Armstrong came in permanently  preferably alongside a bit more of a target man type. On the other hand not only would I not say Gallagher is proven at Championship level, after a relegation season and a six goal season I'd say he is perilously close to being proven NOT good enough for the Championship!

You are making out he was to blame for the relegation. Well actually that pass at PNE...still more to blame than that 

He had a good season for us goals to games wise, whatever way you choose to spin it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAL said:

He is meant to be an old fashioned , physical centre forward. I would love that option 

• Like 1

Interesting quotes from Steve Evans - 'Marcus Maddison was due back into the group today, but Barry Fry received a call from a fresh Championship club registering interest in his services. We'll see how that one progresses'

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

"I'd say another four players, maybe five"

#Blackburn head coach Tony Mowbray feels he still needs to add to his squad to create competition for places"

#Rovers #bbclancssport #bbcfootball https://t.co/Np85nQVT7C

That doesn't sound good at all. Merely sounds like he's hoping to  bringin a few more like Rothwell and Davenport to pad out the squad a bit  rather than outstanding signings who will go  straight into the first team.

As has been the case all window it smacks of there being no money available or at least inadequate funding to compete in the current Championship market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Interesting quotes from Steve Evans - 'Marcus Maddison was due back into the group today, but Barry Fry received a call from a fresh Championship club registering interest in his services. We'll see how that one progresses'

Does he mean fresh to the Championship or just a fresh club contacting them I wonder.... 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

That doesn't sound good at all. Merely sounds like he's hoping to  bringin a few more like Rothwell and Davenport to pad out the squad a bit  rather than outstanding signings who will go  straight into the first team.

As has been the case all window it smacks of there being no money available or at least inadequate funding to compete in the current Championship market.

Please take a quote from what he said that fits your narrative?

Mowbray says he hopes to sign 4 or 5 new players and your response is "that doesn't sound good at all". Are you actually for real or trolling? I honestly can't tell sometimes

No player we sign should be told they will be a guaranteed starter, anyone we sign will have competition for their place. It's how it should be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does he mean fresh to the Championship or just a fresh club contacting them I wonder.... 

Reads to me as fresh as in not the club or clubs that was or were previously interested, of which we might be one, though maybe not.

Did you miss the fact that the entire interview was about providing "competition for places" in the squad?

And the main argument putting our squad with the people on here down is the lack of depth and competition!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray says he hopes to sign 4 or 5 new players and your response is "that doesn't sound good at all". Are you actually for real or trolling? I honestly can't tell sometimes

No player we sign should be told they will be a guaranteed starter, anyone we sign will have competition for their place. It's how it should be.

If he gets the 5 he's suggested along with the 3 already in then that's 8 for the summer. I remember being shot down for suggesting we needed at least 7 new signings to go with what we already had.