BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

5 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

And the main argument putting our squad with the people on here down is the lack of depth and competition!

For me we need a substantial injection of real quality in the striking and in the wide positions who would come in and improve the first eleven now not just bodies to provide a bit of competition for places to the existing personnel.

However that would cost decent money and it seems fairly obvious we aren't prepared to pay it.

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

I suppose the 5 (if we get them) would consist of: 1 goalkeeper, 1 centre-half, 1 winger, 2 forwards?

Thinks so. I reckon one of the forwards needs to be able to hold up the ball to challenge Graham. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For me we need a substantial injection of real quality in the striking and in the wide positions who would come in and improve the first eleven now not just bodies to provide a bit of competition for places to the existing personnel.

However that would cost decent money and it seems fairly obvious we aren't prepared to pay it.

How much would shell out then? 5, 10, 20 million? I saw earlier that only 2 players got 20+ in this league last year. Do you propose we go for Vydra? Or do you think we should gamble on a lower league prospect? What would please you in terms of names brought in?

You sound so confused. Is signing quality competition for existing personnel not the process for building any squad? 

Do you want Mowbray to say "I want to sign a striker in the next few days to come into the first 11 instead of Danny Graham" 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray says he hopes to sign 4 or 5 new players and your response is "that doesn't sound good at all". Are you actually for real or trolling? I honestly can't tell sometimes

No player we sign should be told they will be a guaranteed starter, anyone we sign will have competition for their place. It's how it should be.

You're the one who's been trolling all summer by labelling anyone who has dared to criticise the transfer activity as a "doom monger".

If you had taken out your blue and white ear muffs for a second you'd also have noticed that TM said 4 maybe 5 "by the end" which suggests to me the vast majority if not all of the remaining business will be done on Loan as opposed to permanently before the deadline.

You're the one who's been trolling all summer by labelling anyone who has dared to criticise the transfer activity as a "doom monger".

If you had taken out your blue and white ear muffs for a second you'd also have noticed that TM said 4 maybe 5 "by the end" which suggests to me the vast majority if not all of the remaining business will be done on Loan as opposed to permanently before the deadline.

“By the end” implies 1 or 2 during the loan only window. So 3 additions next week, probably 2 seven figure permanent additions!

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You sound so confused. Is signing quality competition for existing personnel not the process for building any squad? 

Do you want Mowbray to say "I want to sign a striker in the next few days to come into the first 11 instead of Danny Graham" 

Don't expect him to say it publicly, but would have expected him to bring in 2 quality front men, one at least permanently leaving Graham to provide competition for their spots.

Must have missed it. Has anyone come in?

Don't expect him to say it publicly, but would have expected him to bring in 2 quality front men, one at least permanently leaving Graham to provide competition for their spots.

Must have missed it. Has anyone come in?

I thought you said you didn't want players who would be competition, just starters? You are a confused man...very confused 

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lets see by the end of the window so :) 

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting quotes from Steve Evans - 'Marcus Maddison was due back into the group today, but Barry Fry received a call from a fresh Championship club registering interest in his services. We'll see how that one progresses'

Would make me happy.

1 hour ago, blackburnravers.com said:

Danny Ings to Palace for £24mil.

Good player but crazy price #Madness

Another crazy price for decent premier league player. 

The last 4 days of this window will be mental. 

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting quotes from Steve Evans - 'Marcus Maddison was due back into the group today, but Barry Fry received a call from a fresh Championship club registering interest in his services. We'll see how that one progresses'

Well maybe we in for him? I dont know. 

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That doesn't sound good at all. Merely sounds like he's hoping to  bringin a few more like Rothwell and Davenport to pad out the squad a bit  rather than outstanding signings who will go  straight into the first team.

As has been the case all window it smacks of there being no money available or at least inadequate funding to compete in the current Championship market.

What planet are you on pal? I have no idea where you get any of that from his interview.

Where has the 'inadequate funding'?

Competition for places is what we want. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought you said you didn't want players who would be competition, just starters? You are a confused man...very confused 

Man.... are you ever grasping at straws now trying to defend this transfer window.

I said I wanted two quality strikers to come in leaving Graham as a decent third oprion plus at least one wide man who could go straight into the first eleven as well. How is that wanting "competition for places?"

I think deep down you know as well as well as I do we're headed for serious trouble if we go into the season with 33 year old Graham plus Samuel and Nuttall as our striking options plus Conway and Bennett as the wide men.

Still seven days plus change left until the permanent deadline so let's hope we can do something about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Competition for places is what we want. 

I'm on the same planet as you thank you very much "pal". Lol.

Cover might be what we need for players like Raya, Lenihan and Dack.

Up front and out wide we need players who will come straight into and improve the first eleven.

• Like 2

Well we have about a week to see what happens next.

I think we can all agree that if we start the season with this squad then we are weaker than last year?

We need some permanent signings this coming week, ideally 3 forward minded players. Based on what Mowbray has said, he wants 4 players by next week with perhaps a 5th before loan market ends.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Peterborough are pretty well known for getting top dollar for their players. If it is us that's in for him, then expect it to be done late.

Release clause of 2.5 mill I think but I doubt its us anyway to be honest. Just can't see us spending 2.5 mill on a league 1 player. 

Edited by Neal

All the Players and staff at the club comment about Team Spirit and how good that is within the dressing room this is one of our biggest assets is the great bond there seems to be

Why would Mowbray want to mess all of that up by saying I want to sign X to replace Y and have Y causing problems he is going to say that he wants to create competition to keep everyone hungry and on there toes.  whilst he will be looking at players who are better than what we have

• Like 2

I think a few people just need to calm down. The window isn't closed yet. The squad isn't in a great shape at the moment, but there's time to sort that out and Mowbray seems confident of getting who he wants (based on recent interviews).

Let's judge at the end of the window.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Man.... are you ever grasping at straws now trying to defend this transfer window.

I said I wanted two quality strikers to come in leaving Graham as a decent third oprion plus at least one wide man who could go straight into the first eleven as well. How is that wanting "competition for places?"

I think deep down you know as well as well as I do we're headed for serious trouble if we go into the season with 33 year old Graham plus Samuel and Nuttall as our striking options plus Conway and Bennett as the wide men.

Still seven days plus change left until the permanent deadline so let's hope we can do something about it.

Mowbrays says he wants 4-5 new signings and you say this is worrying news. I just found that a really bizzare comment

I would have no problem with Graham as 1st choice with a Championship experienced permanent signing and a young loan from the Premier league as competition. 

You say we have Conway and Bennett as our only wide men options, what about Palmer and Samuel? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

Release clause of 2.5 mill I think but I doubt its us anyway to be honest. Just can't see us spending 2.5 mill on a league 1 player. 

Depends how cut and dry you look at the leagues tbh. Are we more likely to spend 2.5 million on Peterborough's Maddison or 3 million on Newcastle's Armstrong?

Edited by CD_93