BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Maddison( or another good winger) and a centre half and mission complete. 

I don't think another striker is as big a need as a wing and cb.

It is in the sense that we need to be moulding Dg's replacement now really.

Strikers aint cheap as we all know but bringing in someone that could share the workload with him this season and then potentially replace him the next is quite important in my opinion. 

A pacey out and out winger would be right up there too - get Chapman or Maddison for that position and I would be over the moon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jones_rover said:

Good signing for me if it's anything around the fee mentioned above! 

Would love to get a winger with some pace in now. Someone mentioned Ojo earlier, someone of that ilk would do nicely.

Then another striker and I reckon we're more or less set to have a good crack this year

Ojo would be good but seemingly Wba are after him for 15m proberly a bit out of our price range

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think the lad is a good player and he's an excellent finisher but like every player he has his flaws. He's one of the best young strikers out there but he not the sort who " leads the line ". He plays best off the shoulder of a player like Graham who can play him in. I don't think he's a winger , certainly at the higher level we find our selves at now.

Are we going to play two up front ? Putting him out wide on one wing and Palmer on another looks ok on paper but may not work out so well on grass.

I agree, away from home, he's going to struggle. Too small too play up top on his own, he will inevitably be pushed to the wings with Dack playing behind a strong centre forward, and I'm not sure he's defensively good enough to cover his full back. 

Hope we aren't putting a lot of money into the deal. 

Personally think we need someone who has the strength to play up top centrally.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can anyone name a younger version of Danny Graham type?

Graham Daniels?

We’ve played a blinder here by the way if it comes off, wait till Preston have paid his train fair then pop down the A59 and get him to Brockhall!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I reckon a fee of 1.5 million would be about right, anything more would be too much for Arma. Think the signing makes sense tho my only concern is he isn't a proper winger and isn't the kind of striker who fits our system. Happy tho if this deal goes through his goals last season were vital. 

Isn’t the kind of striker that fits our system??

He invented it!

Happy with this, especially at the suggested fee.

Seen Tammy Abraham’s name mentioned a few times on here too - can I have a bit of what you guys are smoking? A young England international forward with bags of potential and played in the Prem - he’ll go for absolutely silly money!

42 minutes ago, Stuart said:

No, not unhappy, per se. He was very good last season against L1 opposition.

It’s just that taking a step back, our squad is last season’s plus Rothwell, Davenport and Palmer, minus Payne and Chapman.

We are putting a lot of stock in the ‘potential’ of this side. I’d like us to sign a 2018 version of Danny Graham to balance the lack of Championship experience in the squad. There’s still time but we are not yet where I would like us to be in terms of squad strength.

Don't forget that Sheffield Utd. And Millwall coped just fine straight after promotion and our squad is as good, if not better than theirs. To be honest, I'm greedy and I want promotion again asap. Just staying up isn't good enough so I'm with you, the higher the calibre of signing, the better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I reckon a fee of 1.5 million would be about right, anything more would be too much for Arma. Think the signing makes sense tho my only concern is he isn't a proper winger and isn't the kind of striker who fits our system. Happy tho if this deal goes through his goals last season were vital. 

However, he is the kind of striker-winger who fits our system.

21 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Not many is there.  He's expectional at holding the ball up and bringing others into play I can't think of many younger lads that can do it so well 

Going to be honest.  He's good but not exceptional.  Several times last year Graham didn't get a sniff against the centre halves.  If they are big and physical, Graham is usually quiet. 

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Going to be honest.  He's good but not exceptional.  Several times last year Graham didn't get a sniff against the centre halves.  If they are big and physical, Graham is usually quiet. 

Agreed. I only got on one match last year because of where I live now and other commitments, Bristol away. Graham barely had a kick. He obviously did the business majority of the time though, would still like us to get someone in to compete with him though!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can anyone name a younger version of Danny Graham type?

Pitman? He is 30 but still a good 3 years younger than Graham. 

As far as an out and CF goes, the best we could do is Ulloa at Leicester on loan but perhaps that's a stretch. 

Edited by Neal

13 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Probably Hugill.

We need to find a player similar (and it pains me to say it) to Sam Vokes

Can see him leaving- West Ham have completely changed their style of play. Would he be an option? 

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Probably Hugill.

We need to find a player similar (and it pains me to say it) to Sam Vokes

I agree

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

Pitman? He is 30 but still a good 3 years younger than Graham. 

As far as an out and CF goes, the best we could do is Ulloa at Leicester on loan but perhaps that's a stretch. 

I think Hugill on loan would be best option I think

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

connor wickham

decent shout