BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

What about Ashley Fletcher. ?  He's a local boy (fairly) and has good energy and presence.  His goalscoring isn't proven but there might be something there.  Maybe a loan....I'm sure he'd be interested personally.

Local boy? I don't care if he lives in my house, just want the best players we can get.

• Like 2

Toner Hemed  .. Only 31 , for some reason I though he was older wouldn't say as a massive improvement on Graham , but they are cut from the same cloth and would lighten the workload for Danny . It was noticeable last year that Mowbray looked after Graham in the sense that he regularly subbed him about the 60-70 minute mark, Hemed would be someone just as good to come on , and he has scored goals in chamipionship , and I can't see him getting much game time at Brighton and would be relatively cheap( as long as wages aren't ridiculous)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Man.... are you ever grasping at straws now trying to defend this transfer window.

I said I wanted two quality strikers to come in leaving Graham as a decent third oprion plus at least one wide man who could go straight into the first eleven as well. How is that wanting "competition for places?"

I think deep down you know as well as well as I do we're headed for serious trouble if we go into the season with 33 year old Graham plus Samuel and Nuttall as our striking options plus Conway and Bennett as the wide men.

Still seven days plus change left until the permanent deadline so let's hope we can do something about it.

Apart from Forest and Liverpool perhaps, name me a set of fans who are happy with this transfer window at present.

Seen Moanchester United?

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can anyone name a younger version of Danny Graham type?

Not right off the top of my head. I haven't watched as much football as I used to do in the last few years. You can bet your boots there'll be players out there that can do that job. This is were our scouting system has to step up. We need to be looking outside the football league.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

7 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Kurt Zouma on cheeky loan from Chelsea anyone???

23 And loaned to stoke last yr. currently not been given squad number at Chelsea.

I'll have whatever you're smoking... 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not right off the top of my head. I haven't watched as much football as I used to do in the last few years. You can bet your boots there'll be players out there that can do that job. This is were our scouting system has to step up. We need to be looking outside the football league.

We may well need to but unlike a few years ago players from abroad aren't that cheap. Don't know what guendouzi cost arsenal but he was playing last year in a very average league 2 side at lorient. The euro has dropped from 1.42 to the pound to around 1,9 making EU players far more expensive than they were and clubs abroad are well aware of the riches in the top English leagues. 

Edited by gumboots

10 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Have I missed something?

Nixon reckons Armstrong is as good as signed.

As it's come from him, I have to say I don't believe it for a second.

Fully expect Rich Sharpe to come out this morning denying everything about it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nixon reckons Armstrong is as good as signed.

As it's come from him, I have to say I don't believe it for a second.

Fully expect Rich Sharpe to come out this morning denying everything about it!

That absolute clown, gets far more wrong than he does right. Unfortunately the modern age of journalism is about generating clicks which he seems to be able to do by throwing out bullsh*t.