BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

8 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

That absolute clown, gets far more wrong than he does right. Unfortunately the modern age of journalism is about generating clicks which he seems to be able to do by throwing out bullsh*t. 

Completely agree about Nixon but he is usually very vague - but if he has named names he is confident he wont look a fool.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nixon reckons Armstrong is as good as signed.

As it's come from him, I have to say I don't believe it for a second.

Fully expect Rich Sharpe to come out this morning denying everything about it!

I'll make a prediction that Rich Sharpe will say something like 'i'll look into it' or 'i'll check on that one' and then come back and says that Armstrong remains on Rovers' radar but a move isn't imminent.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nixon reckons Armstrong is as good as signed.

As it's come from him, I have to say I don't believe it for a second.

Fully expect Rich Sharpe to come out this morning denying everything about it!

He did tweet that he will be checking out these AA links this morning .

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I'll make a prediction that Rich Sharpe will say something like 'i'll look into it' or 'i'll check on that one' and then come back and says that Armstrong remains on Rovers' radar but a move isn't imminent.

He already did the first part lol

If the Arma deal is done then it looks like the watertight seal around Ewood has sprung a leak following some tight lipped previous signings. Palmer was ‘confirmed’ by Sky on Saturday and it ruined a day of teasers that the marketing team had set up for Monday. If it’s done, get it announced and move on to the required striker and cb.

On 31/07/2018 at 09:08, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that Armstrong will be our buy that 'eclipses' the Dack fee - around the £1.25m mark.

Charlton aren't budging on Bauer and I suspect Big T will have thought he could get him for £500k give or take and in truth we have cover in that area. 

Hopefully we then get Chapman on loan as I can't see us buying him because of his injury record combined with our tiny budget. 

This is based on nothing more than a feeling after my morning coffee gave me a chance to have a proper think about the situation on the shitter. 

Trumpet blowing 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If the Arma deal is done then it looks like the watertight seal around Ewood has sprung a leak following some tight lipped previous signings. Palmer was ‘confirmed’ by Sky on Saturday and it ruined a day of teasers that the marketing team had set up for Monday. If it’s done, get it announced and move on to the required striker and cb.

Is this due to most of the local lads leaving like Kinder Dunny Wharton etc., ?

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Not sure you can correlate them. How long since Kinder went? Dunny has other business interests.

Wharton is the only disappointing one for me on the way it has been handled. How do other clubs manage to get young lads through to the first team. It felt like he needed a fresh challenge, not a season playing hero in a league he is better than. And if he isn’t then there’s not much point investing further in him.

’Etc’ I can’t really comment on.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not sure you can correlate them. How long since Kinder went? Dunny has other business interests.

Wharton is the only disappointing one for me on the way it has been handled. How do other clubs manage to get young lads through to the first team. It felt like he needed a fresh challenge, not a season playing hero in a league he is better than. And if he isn’t then there’s not much point investing further in him.

’Etc’ I can’t really comment on.

Who are the local players and coaches at our club  these days ? 

Hear loads of scousers down there which makes us more Tranmere Rovers than Blackburn Rovers these days. 

Edited by JAL

On 30/07/2018 at 22:20, 47er said:

I still think Armstrong will end up with us by the end of the window, one way or another. Nobody else seems interested, Newcastle don't want to keep him and are facing cuts of their own by Ashley, he was popular here (including with the other players) and wants to be here. So, its either a loan or a fee lesser than Newcastle are seeking.

Just a feeling I've got, no knowledge whatsoever.

Palms read----30 quid for half an hour! :)

26 minutes ago, JAL said:

Gallagher not again thought we'd put this useless dummy to bed.

Would be a good loan signing for us

25 minutes ago, JAL said:

What?

Kinder left over 12 months ago. 

Dunn left in Summer

Wharton is on loan at Lincoln. 

Plenty of local people worked at the club. The Marketing/media team has been massive plus for this club. People like Ryan Grant and Warren Lucy deserve huge credit for their hard work. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Would be a good loan signing for us

What?

Kinder left over 12 months ago. 

Dunn left in Summer

Wharton is on loan at Lincoln. 

Plenty of local people worked at the club. The Marketing/media team has been massive plus for this club. People like Ryan Grant and Warren Lucy deserve huge credit for their hard work. 

Gallagher would only be good for his agent Simon Conning and associates Rovers pay them for nothing in return on the pitch.

Sam Gallagher is shyte !

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Palmer loan link with leak on Thursday by Myers and Sharpe. 

Problem is Nicko has good contacts with Newcastle just like he does at Boro and Stoke. So for me thats how Nicko finds out

Just now, JAL said:

Gallagher would only be good for his agent Simon Conning and associates Rovers pay them for nothing in return on the pitch.

Sam Gallagher is shyte !

What is your problem with Conning? Can you fully explain what it is he has done now and in the past.

Gallagher is far from rubbish. Your problem is his agent not the player. Just like your problem with Nyambe

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What is your problem with Conning? Can you fully explain what it is he has done now and in the past.

Gallagher is far from rubbish. Your problem is his agent not the player. Just like your problem with Nyambe

Both haven't done anything both haven't improved Rovers but I'm drawing a line on Nyambe let him get on with it but a six to eleven goals a season Gallagher is nowhere near good enough, it should be free to watch players like him ?

Edited by JAL

6 minutes ago, JAL said:

Both haven't done anything both haven't improved Rovers but I'm drawing a line on Nyambe let him get on with but asix to eleven goals a season Gallagher is nowhere near good enough, it should be free to watch players like him ?

So I will ask again what is your problem with Simon Conning? 

Gallagher is a good striker. Still remember his goal against Wolves. I want him here

Nyambe has improved alot since Mowbray came in

Edited by chaddyrovers

26 minutes ago, JAL said:

Who are the local players and coaches at our club  these days ? 

Who are the local players at any club these days?

That’s the sport now I’m afraid. Personally I’d prefer it if is there was a catchment area rule and Rovers had to field a team from within the BB postcode area but it doesn’t happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So I will ask again what is your problem with Simon Conning? 

Please don't ask him. I don't want to hear it all again, it's boring. Can you take it to PMs, pretty please?

• Like 3