BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

Basically Sharpe has not denied that we are now in for Armstrong. As I said the other day, I couldn’t see anything being confirmed until Monday at the earliest. I think Nixon would only put his neck on the line like that if he was confident of not getting any egg on his face.

He could easily fob it back on the owners saying something about "money not appearing" Even if something else scuppers the deal. I have seen him do it with other clubs 

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

Basically Sharpe has not denied that we are now in for Armstrong. As I said the other day, I couldn’t see anything being confirmed until Monday at the earliest. I think Nixon would only put his neck on the line like that if he was confident of not getting any egg on his face.

Definitely it's usually cryptic stuff if they aren't sure, but he seems pretty sure about this, would look stupid if we didn't sign him, although he did say we had £50million once.

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, JAL said:

Shyte players hope that answers it clearly for you chaddy and Simon.

We've got another big lump in Joe Nuttall to get off the books now aswell from Simon and associates. 

Hope we make the agents loads of money but only if there's success on the pitch for Rovers supporters .

Credit where credit's due, JAL's putting some meat on the bones here and not posting cryptic nonsense that makes steam come out of Chaddy's ears, so there is that....

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you not remember the season before last?

Yea, tried hard in a team playing poorly, christ I’m sure Coyle even played him on the wing at one point.

Mulgrew, Evans, Bennett, Williams and Graham also played in that team btw

Platt from the u23's has just signed for Stanley on season long loan. He has got a better move than Wharton.

make Whaton's move more strange, should be playing L1

Edited by Pitty
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, JAL said:

Shyte players hope that answers it clearly for you chaddy and Simon.

We've got another big lump in Joe Nuttall to get off the books now aswell from Simon and associates. 

Hope we make the agents loads of money but only if there's success on the pitch for Rovers supporters .

Conning's the name..

You know those TV programmes they do about "Rock families", and how members of one group  morph into another?

I would love to see a similar programme about agents' "families" and their links to other agents, including some apparently dissolved.

As you say.. Shyte players and  on very, very  long contracts...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

What about Billy Connolly? He cracks me up

No chance

2 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Platt from the u23's has just signed for Stanley on season long loan. He has got a better move than Wharton.

Wharton will be playing everg week at Lincoln plus Cowley will use him properly. 

Platt I think will be more of squad player at Stanley but Coleman will play him at times. Good move. Local team. Will go down when Rovers arent playing

6 minutes ago, Pitty said:

I suppose time will tell which move is better in the long run. We will need to see who gets the most game time. I would imagine Wharton is a guaranteed starter, not sure about Platt. He could be signed as 3rd or 4th choice. The Lincoln managers are rated highly too. Tomlinson being linked to Stanley as well 

6 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Personally, think Platt is a better defender at the moment so not surprised that Coleman should pick him up.  Having said that, the young lad who played for Stanley against us last week looks a very good defender.

55 minutes ago, david brent said:

This is rather contradictory to what Rich Sharpe has just tweeted. 

I’d have no issue if you had said that you had heard he was on the verge of signing. I encourage transfer rumour and gossip on here as it adds to the fun.

However you stated it as FACT that he signed last night and it was to be announced this morning???

As a result I told numerous people last night and I look a bit of a ?end now! 

There's a moral to that story!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david brent said:

This is rather contradictory to what Rich Sharpe has just tweeted. 

I’d have no issue if you had said that you had heard he was on the verge of signing. I encourage transfer rumour and gossip on here as it adds to the fun.

However you stated it as FACT that he signed last night and it was to be announced this morning???

As a result I told numerous people last night and I look a bit of a ?end now! 

I made this mistake once when Nixon said on here that Stevie Warnock was signing for Newcastle.

I told a few of mates it was happening and obviously it never did. 

I also looked like a complete bell.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

I made this mistake once when Nixon said on here that Stevie Warnock was signing for Newcastle.

I told a few of mates it was happening and obviously it never did. 

I also looked like a complete bell.

You just know that Nicko's come back would be 'things can change very quickly in football' or some vague nonsense like that. Then you'd still get gullible gimps eating out of the palm of his hand on Twitter.

• Like 3

DYCHE FINDING MARKET DIFFICULT

Burnley manager Sean Dyche is still hoping to make progress in the transfer market in the coming days but admits he has found it difficult to finalise deals this summer.

"We're in the market for lots of different people in different positions," he said. "Whatever you think of the market, it is very difficult. But we keep working diligently and working hard.

"Even when you put good money to people, everyone wants more, more, more."

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You just know that Nicko's come back would be 'things can change very quickly in football' or some vague nonsense like that. Then you'd still get gullible gimps eating out of the palm of his hand on Twitter.

Any News Al? I wonder how many times a day poor rich sharpe is asked that over the course of a transfer window?

I still can’t believe people tweet that Jamie McConnell chap and takes everything he says as gospel. 

Any old sod can claim to be an “ITK”. You can always cover your back when deals come off with some BS reason why it didn’t come off. 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

DYCHE FINDING MARKET DIFFICULT

Burnley manager Sean Dyche is still hoping to make progress in the transfer market in the coming days but admits he has found it difficult to finalise deals this summer.

"We're in the market for lots of different people in different positions," he said. "Whatever you think of the market, it is very difficult. But we keep working diligently and working hard.

"Even when you put good money to people, everyone wants more, more, more." ... In the midnight hour babe .....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Conning's the name..

You know those TV programmes they do about "Rock families", and how members of one group  morph into another?

I would love to see a similar programme about agents' "families" and their links to other agents, including some apparently dissolved.

As you say.. Shyte players and  on very, very  long contracts...

Conning the Rovers fans since 2011.

Venkys out !

Edited by JAL

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

£3 million eh. A lot on here said we wouldn't spend more than £1 million on a player. Cracking signing and a real positive sign of intent. 

He hasn't signed yet and I take what I read in the Sun with a large dose of salt. But yes a good signing and especially so if a permanent deal. Providing he is even remotely successful for us in the Championship he'll be worth more than that in a few years.

Edited by JHRover