BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

If someone could paraphrase what's in the article I can't bring myself to go onto the Sun website

Basically that they claim he is set to join with an initial 1.75mil up front and 1.25mil in addons. Also claim that he could even feature against Ipswich if the deal goes through.

Then its basically just a bit of history about him at Newcastle and his loan deals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Basically that they claim he is set to join with an initial 1.75mil up front and 1.25mil in addons. Also claim that he could even feature against Ipswich if the deal goes through.

Then its basically just a bit of history about him at Newcastle and his loan deals.

cheers, much appreciated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Am I wrong in thinking to be eligible for the match tomorrow his paperwork and registration would have had to have been in for 12pm today?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Am I wrong in thinking to be eligible for the match tomorrow his paperwork and registration would have had to have been in for 12pm today?

Not sure on the specifics tbh, maybe someone else can answer. 

19 minutes ago, Valois said:

Gary stonehouse of The S*n saying it’s a done deal £1.75m upfront £1.25 in add ons

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6932796/newcastle-united-transfer-news-blackburn-adam-armstrong/

I don't believe it personally but if it is going to get done and announced I recon it will be next week now, all focus will be on Ipswich. 

P. S. The Sun are Scum. Do not read! 

Edited by Neal

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It may have already gone through with how we do business now. Even if he has signed though, Mowbray has stated no one signing this week, will start. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

It may have already gone through with how we do business now. Even if he has signed though, Mowbray has stated no one signing this week, will start. 

Yeah I wouldn't expect him to start but still would be a good option to have on the bench tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

£3 million eh. A lot on here said we wouldn't spend more than £1 million on a player. Cracking signing and a real positive sign of intent. 

Let’s not start bragging just yet, BD.

At £1.25m I’d have been delighted. At £1.75m (all up), still a great bit of business. £3m is big coin for us these days and his best football has been played in a lower division.

But let’s just hold of the “a lot on here” smugness until he has played the game just before his number of appearances qualifies us to pay one of those add-ons and hope he doesn’t get a sudden injury.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

£3 million eh. A lot on here said we wouldn't spend more than £1 million on a player. Cracking signing and a real positive sign of intent. 

Probably best not to start trying to be too smug until he's signed on the dotted line....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

At £1.25m I’d have been delighted. At £1.75m (all up), still a great bit of business. £3m is big coin for us these days and his best football has been played in a lower division.

But let’s just hold of the “a lot on here” smugness until he has played the game just before his number of appearances qualifies us to pay one of those add-ons and hope he doesn’t get a sudden injury.

Suppose it depends on how realistic the add-ons are. Could be things like if he plays in the premier league or gets nominated for the ballon d’or. 

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I suppose if the add-ons are related to promotion it's not too bad, but I still find £1,75m up front a bit steep as an initial fee...

edit: typo

Edited by Joar

As far as I'm aware we haven't signed anyone for significant money yet, nor have we done so for the last 5 years unless you consider Dack at £750k to be significant which given the level we were at I suppose is a fair argument.

If we get Armstrong in on a permanent contract then it seems the £1 million mark will have been breached for the first time in a long time, though I very much doubt it will ever reach the £3 million reported at least not before we've sold him ourselves for a significant profit.

If he comes in then I think it is a good signing and I'll applaud the owners and club for getting it done, but also will be expecting at least another couple of quality additions to go with it, as per Mowbray's interviews. Armstrong alone isn't enough.

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

What's wrong with that? Folks like us pay hundreds of pounds for a ticket season in season out - we want the service to match.

You say you pay for iFollow or whatever the shite it is and if that package didn't deliver when you was promised you too would be frustrated.

Ifollow is shite. Very inconsistent at times.  Not having  a season ticket 1 week before you need it makes zero difference, so long as it arrives before the first game.  

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What's wrong with that? Folks like us pay hundreds of pounds for a ticket season in season out - we want the service to match.

You say you pay for iFollow or whatever the shite it is and if that package didn't deliver when you was promised you too would be frustrated.

I get what your saying but still over a week until the first home game.

People will have their tickets before next Saturday.I got mine yesterday 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Says the lad who is posting daily about  a season ticket that will undoubtedly arrive in time for when its needed :) 

Which in absolutely no way affects you.

• Backroom

If it does go through then I believe Armstrong will be our highest paid (in terms of transfer fee) signing since Jordan Rhodes. Just a reminder of how utterly starved of funds we've been under Venky's (and yet still somehow making insane losses year after year). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I get what your saying but still over a week until the first home game.

People will have their tickets before next Saturday.I got mine yesterday 

Mine came a long time ago so I'm not overly fussed. I can understand the frustration of not being delivered something that you have paid for though.

Kind of like Armstrong. If we have spent this £3m like it's claimed...why isn't he a Rovers player yet ??

13 minutes ago, Igloo5090 said:

Suppose it depends on how realistic the add-ons are. Could be things like if he plays in the premier league or gets nominated for the ballon d’or. 

Yeah, it’s probably that. I’ve heard our board are pretty tough negotiators.

• Like 1