BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Mine came a long time ago so I'm not overly fussed. I can understand the frustration of not being delivered something that you have paid for though.

Kind of like Armstrong. If we have spent this £3m like it's claimed...why isn't he a Rovers player yet ??

Wow, what an analogy. 

Good signing if it goes through. Fairly reasonable price wise at £1.75m plus add ons.

Not sure why this couldn't have been done a month or two ago given that we were aware of the player and we're paying exactly what Newcastle were reported to be asking for him earlier in the summer.

I suspect we've had to have a complete rethink a couple of weeks or so ago after drawing a complete blank everywhere. 

27 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Back to Armstrong...

We're potentially signing a 21 year old striker with junior England honours for under £3 million. He has a track record of scoring regularly in League 1 but hasn't yet proved himself in the Championship for whatever reason (Barnsley - Lack of consistency, Bolton - Out of position). He's an absolute steal for us and will only get better.

Let's hope so. He hasn't been a prolific scorer in a weaker league and we all said 3 million was too big an ask when we first heard it.

We still need a big physical presence in the middle up there and at the back and we still need a winger.

So plenty to do but Armstrong is a known quantity, popular with the players and good luck to him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good signing if it goes through. Fairly reasonable price wise at £1.75m plus add ons.

Not sure why this couldn't have been done a month or two ago given that we were aware of the player and we're paying exactly what Newcastle were reported to be asking for him earlier in the summer.

I suspect we've had to have a complete rethink a couple of weeks or so ago after drawing a complete blank everywhere. 

Or maybe Newcastle wanted the whole lot up front earlier in the summer and have now been backed into a corner with no takers with  the window shutting and have  accepted  a new deal ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How many goals per season can we expect from Armstrong. 

1 minute ago, robbojohnno said:

This season 8-12 I'd say injury permitting. 

Yep, that's the sort of return you'd be hoping for. Not proven at Championship level (yet) but proven Scorers at that level cost a lot more than £1.75m upfront.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Preston fans are so adamant (get it)  that he's joining them on loan with option to purchase 

That was from lSt night I was meant to send it but phone bugged out on me 

If we’re offering cash upfront then he’ll be coming here over Preston.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Preston fans are so adamant (get it)  that he's joining them on loan with option to purchase 

That was from lSt night I was meant to send it but phone bugged out on me 

Seen alot of that too being mentioned but I just cannot see it unless we for whatever reason decide not to sign him. He has always done well with TM, already knows the squad (even went on hols with them) and we have by far the better facilities. Just cannot see him choosing them over us.

9 minutes ago, benhben said:

Are we really getting this excited over an article in the Sun? Has it been confirmed elsewhere? Pinch of salt until the official site or somewhere more respectable confirms it. 

Not much else to talk about in the transfer thread to be honest.

If Armstrong went to PNE for £2 million people would be furious. It looks likely he's coming to us, so people are upset at the price we are paying?

Under £2 million for a striker with a proven ability to score a wide range of goals capped at all England International levels bar the senior squad.

If that isn't a bargain in footballing terms I don't know what is.

We have gotten to used to being miserable. Guess what. Armo is coming home! Cheer the Hell up! We are finally making positive additions to our squad!

• Like 3

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/charlton-athletic-takeover-latest-update-football-league-preview-league-one-a8475686.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Really interesting article about the state of Charlton. Reason I put it here is that their best player is valued at 1 million pounds! The defender we want is surely coming in the final few hours for between 750k and 1 million imo. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Here's the thing. If Armstrong had joined at the beginning of the window, I'd have been made up.  

However, as we've since been told he wasn't near the top of the list, then it feels a bit anticlimactic -if this is our main signing.

I want an A lister ?

Makes you wonder whether Mowbray was playing the game a bit

I'll celebrate when he signs on the dotted line and it's announced. Until then nothing is certain in this game

9 minutes ago, imy9 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/charlton-athletic-takeover-latest-update-football-league-preview-league-one-a8475686.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Really interesting article about the state of Charlton. Reason I put it here is that their best player is valued at 1 million pounds! The defender we want is surely coming in the final few hours for between 750k and 1 million imo. 

Good article, nice find.

Only problem I see with that conclusion is if they're already looking for another CB and can't name a full subs bench like it says in the article then surely they'd be mad to be selling Bauer at the 11th hour?