BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Who are the local players at any club these days?

That’s the sport now I’m afraid. Personally I’d prefer it if is there was a catchment area rule and Rovers had to field a team from within the BB postcode area but it doesn’t happen.

I saw us go to Burnley and win with four Blackburn born lads playing in attack. Douglas, Pickering, Byrom, Ratcliffe. We'd be hard pressed to field four lads from Lancashire these days. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, imy9 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/charlton-athletic-takeover-latest-update-football-league-preview-league-one-a8475686.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Really interesting article about the state of Charlton. Reason I put it here is that their best player is valued at 1 million pounds! The defender we want is surely coming in the final few hours for between 750k and 1 million imo. 

That stuff makes my blood boil, can't recall the exact quoted figured but the guy has bought the club for £18m 4 years ago and subsequently plunged them down a division and now won't sell for less then £40m.

Be like Venkys if wanted £100m for us now... ?

(Closing that can of worms)

It does feel like Bauer will be a Rover before we play Millwall (and for less than half the £2m quoted). He is probably the 'A' list CB but the 'C' priority signing.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Let’s not start bragging just yet, BD.

At £1.25m I’d have been delighted. At £1.75m (all up), still a great bit of business. £3m is big coin for us these days and his best football has been played in a lower division.

But let’s just hold of the “a lot on here” smugness until he has played the game just before his number of appearances qualifies us to pay one of those add-ons and hope he doesn’t get a sudden injury.

Why not? You and others doubted whether we would buy anyone for proper money and some of us told you we would and trust the manager to buy at the right price. always thinking negative Stuart. 

1.75 million up front is a great fee for him. 

1 hour ago, JAL said:

How many goals per season can we expect from Armstrong. 

around 10 goals I think 

After Armstrong signs it will be Monday it will get done then we need 3 more players. A striker, Keeper and defender. I think the striker will be Gallagher on loan, Ripley permanent from Boro and a cheap centre back. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why not? You and others doubted whether we would buy anyone for proper money and some of us told you we would and trust the manager to buy at the right price. always thinking negative Stuart. 

It hasn't happened yet. If/when it does I'm sure 99% of Rovers fans will be pleased with the signing, but until then it is just talk.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

around 10 goals I think 

After Armstrong signs it will be Monday it will get done then we need 3 more players. A striker, Keeper and defender. I think the striker will be Gallagher on loan, Ripley permanent from Boro and a cheap centre back. 

We haven't signed Armstrong yet Chaddy.

Mowbray said he wanted an experienced keeper to be brought in so don't see Ripley being of interest.We already have Fisher why would you want to see another young goalkeeper brought in?

No, we haven't signed him, but it's looking good :) Should hopefully put an end to people saying we would have no more permanent deals, no budget would be scraping around begging for loans etc etc. Will be a really, really positive piece of business. I would imagine he won't be the last signing either. 

3 good windows in a row its looking like. All credit must go to Tony Mowbray. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you even read my post properly Chaddy? In your eagerness to get a smug dig in you missed that I said exactly that.

But I’ll be delighted if you are right and I’m wrong on this one. (If he does indeed sign).

• Like 1

I'm still not sure Armstrong is quite good enough. I feel like he's too small to play up top on his own, hasn't got enough goals to be considered a second striker and didn't look comfortable on the wing to me. I'd much rather we where signing a genuine striker or a genuine winger.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pomster said:

Wonder what Ripleys dad is doing nowadays, i think he studied law when he retired?

He's a sports / agent lawyer, works very close to Manure. Writes contracts on behalf of the club etc.

EDIT: https://www.brabners.com/news/market-leader-brabners-chaffe-street-advises-over-fifty-summer-transfer-deals

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I'm still not sure Armstrong is quite good enough. I feel like he's too small to play up top on his own, hasn't got enough goals to be considered a second striker and didn't look comfortable on the wing to me. I'd much rather we where signing a genuine striker or a genuine winger.

The price reflects the fact we're buying potential than the proven article imo.

Based on what we've seen on him already I would say He's well worth the punt.

• Like 4

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The price reflects the fact we're buying potential than the proven article imo.

Based on what we've seen on him already I would say He's well worth the punt.

Where is he playing though? I hope we're not playing 3m to play him left wing if we could have Maddison playing left wing for 2.5m.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Armstrong won't be able to have his number 18 shirt back if he signs for us. Number 19 I reckon. Who is 7 reserved for? ? 

Why? Who has no 18?

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It hasn't happened yet. If/when it does I'm sure 99% of Rovers fans will be pleased with the signing, but until then it is just talk.

Sorry not just talk. Been reported in North East and by the Sun. Deal on. I expect it be Monday before confirm but he be there tomorrow. 

33 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We haven't signed Armstrong yet Chaddy.

Mowbray said he wanted an experienced keeper to be brought in so don't see Ripley being of interest.We already have Fisher why would you want to see another young goalkeeper brought in?

I think Fisher will be loan out for a season to play 1st team football. 

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Did you even read my post properly Chaddy? In your eagerness to get a smug dig in you missed that I said exactly that.

But I’ll be delighted if you are right and I’m wrong on this one. (If he does indeed sign).

Yes I did Stuart thanks. 

Great to hear

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

Where is he playing though? I hope we're not playing 3m to play him left wing if we could have Maddison playing left wing for 2.5m.

I would say he has been signed for left wing more so, the bonus being that he can also play upfront. Maddison doesn't play up front as well. 

Some fans are never happy :) 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

I would imagine we will as well 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry not just talk. Been reported in North East and by the Sun. Deal on. I expect it be Monday before confirm but he be there tomorrow. 

Yes I did Stuart thanks. 

Great to hear

Yes this season he will be loaned out but like I asked why are you thinking we will sign Ripley when Mowbray said he wanted an experienced keeper?

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I did Stuart thanks. 

Great to hear

Who reported it in the northeast? Only seen Nixon (unreliable) and the s*n (unreliable) so far.

I saw rich sharpe tweet that fisher will go out on loan. The poor bloke asked the same questions everyday by some guy on Twitter Roversfan4ever