BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Armstrong all but completed then. At the numbers being talked about, I think that’s a real bargain. A young player with lots of pace and an eye for goal. 

I do feel a front three of Dack, Armstrong, and Palmer behind Graham is pretty strong. Lots of pace, trickery and match winners in there. We do need a target man to come in too, Graham won’t last the whole season. I also feel we need one more attacking player to replace Payne. 

I think Samuel can fill in for Graham or any of the wide players. If he can pick up a thing or two from Graham, then he could develop into a decent player at this level too - needs to work on his decision making and finishing first and foremost for me. Plus, Armstrong can play as a lone striker if we want to catch teams on the break. 

Is Palmer quick? 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I'm still not sure Armstrong is quite good enough. I feel like he's too small to play up top on his own, hasn't got enough goals to be considered a second striker and didn't look comfortable on the wing to me. I'd much rather we where signing a genuine striker or a genuine winger.

Totally with you on this one J*B 

• Backroom

I think getting Armstrong in will give most a bit of a buzz - shame it’s not in time for tomorrow but getting him back means we are at least as strong as last season now.

A centre forward of good pedigree and we are set for a decent season

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I'm still not sure Armstrong is quite good enough. I feel like he's too small to play up top on his own, hasn't got enough goals to be considered a second striker and didn't look comfortable on the wing to me. I'd much rather we where signing a genuine striker or a genuine winger.

The only thing i would add here is that he is only 21 years old. He is still learning the game, what I really like about him is his pace and his finishing ability. He can play in 3 different positions for us so as the season goes on I expect his versatility to be useful.

Genuinely excited by his signing, I would still want a proper number 9 and a genuine winger!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not? You and others doubted whether we would buy anyone for proper money and some of us told you we would and trust the manager to buy at the right price. always thinking negative Stuart. 

1.75 million up front is a great fee for him. 

around 10 goals I think 

After Armstrong signs it will be Monday it will get done then we need 3 more players. A striker, Keeper and defender. I think the striker will be Gallagher on loan, Ripley permanent from Boro and a cheap centre back. 

Gallagher helped get us relegated last time round in the championship, so what did Sam Gallagher improve on, in his game last season chaddy, to warrant a return to our club. 

Rovers are going backwards with a Sam Gallagher in the team.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think getting Armstrong in will give most a bit of a buzz - shame it’s not in time for tomorrow but getting him back means we are at least as strong as last season now.

A centre forward of good pedigree and we are set for a decent season

We’ve had all summer to get this sorted, we’ve now lost a key player for the first 3 point battle.

Great signing but disappointing timing. Any news on his fitness ala Palmer?

Armstrong is a good signing, no doubt about it. He made runs that allowed Dack and Graham to play their way. It was a great trio at the back end of last season.

I hope he didn't take our budget as I think Armstrong is a more off the striker type player than someone leading the line.

Nontheless happy he's ours. Good player, young Northern lad and the potential for big money if he scores a bit

Just now, Scotland1 said:

We’ve had all summer to get this sorted, we’ve now lost a key player for the first 3 point battle.

Great signing but disappointing timing. Any news on his fitness ala Palmer?

He's been involved in some games, so should be in front of Palmer in that respect.

1 hour ago, Al said:

You won't see any if you don't go to watch.

Think the little lad could struggle then would I, want to witness that Al. Hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by JAL

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

N'Zonzi helped us get relegated from the PL. He's just won a World Cup.

Players are different beasts under different managers.

Yes.

But...

We were relegated despite having a brilliant player like N'Zonzi in the team. Good on him for leaving the Keaning mess we were in then...

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JAL said:

He was dropped isloated totally different circumstance.

BS. He was a worse player under a crap manager even when he did play. Kean and Coyle are cut from the same cloth.

Gallagher under Mowbray and played in his actual position would (I believe) be a better player than the left-winger he was under Coyle.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAL said:

Gallagher helped get us relegated last time round in the championship, so what did Sam Gallagher improve on, in his game last season chaddy, to warrant a return to our club. 

So did Raya, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Graham, Bennett...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAL said:

Go and wash your mouth out, now. 

Gallagher was one of our best players that year . Yes there was the mistake against PNE, but his goals more than made up for that. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAL said:

Think the little lad could struggle then would I, want to witness that Al. Hope I'm wrong though.

You don't witness anything if you don't see it and therefore lose the right to a believable opinion.

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

BS. He was a worse player under a crap manager even when he did play. Kean and Coyle are cut from the same cloth.

Gallagher under Mowbray and played in his actual position would (I believe) be a better player than the left-winger he was under Coyle.

Gallagher is also better than Samuel so he's an improvement

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Go and wash your mouth out, now. 

Gallagher was one of our best players that year . Yes there was the mistake against PNE, but his goals more than made up for that. 

His goals? 11 in  43 is not exactly great.   I think Gallagher did okay when he was here.  Played well in some games poorly in some, average in the rest.  He obviously had some potential but personally, I had expected a bit more especially if he wanted to be a good premier league striker. He's had another season in the championship but looking at the stats,  6 goals in 33, it doesn't look like he had a great one, and if he didn't score many as he was played a lot on the wing then I'd have to ask why not in the centre?  It really depends on how high we are aiming and what the alternatives are, and more importantly how much he has improved.  I wouldn't be unhappy if he signed but neither would I  be jumping for joy.

• Like 1