BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I don't see why people are getting so worked up about Gallagher, there haven't been any concrete links.

As much as id love to see us sign Maddison I've pretty much given up on us signing him, think he will go somewhere else and we will live to regret it.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not? You and others doubted whether we would buy anyone for proper money and some of us told you we would and trust the manager to buy at the right price. always thinking negative Stuart. 

1.75 million up front is a great fee for him. 

around 10 goals I think 

After Armstrong signs it will be Monday it will get done then we need 3 more players. A striker, Keeper and defender. I think the striker will be Gallagher on loan, Ripley permanent from Boro and a cheap centre back. 

Thats a really poor post chaddy. No need for it at all.

He probably doubted us buying anyone because of our negligent owners. Surely you understand that. You keep telling people to trust the manager, but its a myth youve created, who said they dont trust him? The trust issues are solely with the owners.

Anyway, really happy to see Armstrong back permanently if the reports are correct. What happened to Zach Clough :o

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:
Keith DownieVerified account @SkySports_Keith
FollowFollow @SkySports_Keith
More

Blackburn Rovers have agreed a fee with Newcastle for striker Adam Armstrong. We understand it’s £1.75m rising to £3m. Player has also agreed personal terms.

Big gamble by us. I just don't think he's Championship standard

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

I feel armstrong can be even better this season. We were the big fish last year and most teams sat deep against us.

You can be sure we wont ge that respect this year, we will spend a lot more time deeper ourselves and defending. Thats where his pace can be used a lot more on the break this season.

Wasnt always any space for him to use last year

Very good point 

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Never heard JAL have a good word to say about any player! Ha. 

Oh I wouldn’t be so sure - he was complimentary about a lad called Sam Gallagher when we weren’t signing him  

On 19/06/2017 at 13:57, JAL said:

Reluctant to answer but go on... Sam Gallagher who we had last season.

On 05/02/2017 at 18:17, JAL said:

For associates you've got Raya Nyambe and Lowe to name three then I read Nixon who's in with the agents claim that Moyes who's brother is an associate looking at Sam Gallagher when its Rovers who should be signing him.

The clubs stitched up !

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Big gamble by us. I just don't think he's Championship standard

I agree it's a big gamble. I wouldn't say he's not Championship standard yet. Too early to say for me.  Are we going to play a formation that suits him IE two up front with him next to another striker ? Not many teams play that way these days. Especially teams that have just moved up to a higher level. As a winger he's not a natural. He's the sort of player that can run onto the ball past people but not necessarily with the ball. He reminds me a lot of Matty Derbyshire.

• Like 2

Maddison (sorry I keep going on about him) was brilliant last year in those circumstances repeatedly playing superb balls over the top for Jack Marriott to run on to and score his goals. Armstrong is the same height as him, just as quick and probably a better consistent finisher. That’s why I think Mowbray will be trying to sign Maddison, in my humble opinion. 

Edited by roversinmyblood
  • Like 1

I thought Gally had some fairly serious weaknesses last time around. His first touch, especially, sticks in my memory as being a real flaw.

BUT, he managed to get 11 goals with dire service and no manager. Some of his goals were all of his own work. In the set up we have now he could be twice the player, and a real asset.

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 1

So Maddison wasn't included in Peterborough's squad photo earlier today, Posh confirming that a new Championship club is in talks with him. Seems he's on his way somewhere. Would love it to be us but think it is unlikely, though once again their Chairman was happy to deny Wigan as an option but refused to answer whether Rovers were a possibility.

Mowbray likes players he has worked with or experienced first hand before like Rothwell, Armstrong, Payne, Samuel, Dack and Gladwin.

Maddison and Gallagher are another two who fit that description.

I would be happy with Gallagher coming in. Like Armstrong knows the club and squad and did quite well last time. 11 in 43 is not bad for a side that finished in the bottom 3. Like with Armstrong I would want a permanent deal as these lads need to put down roots, grow and develop at Rovers over a couple of years not continue a nomadic loan existence whilst never getting into contention at their parent clubs. 

And I don't believe for one minute that Southampton would expect 7 million for him. 2 to 3 million would probably be enough and is probably a good price in today's market.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Burnley about to sign Joe Hart I believe 

20 million or almost that for Hart and Ben Gibson. Sooner them than us. And Dyche spends his time commenting on other clubs spending, he should look closer to home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree it's a big gamble. I wouldn't say he's not Championship standard yet. Too early to say for me.  Are we going to play a formation that suits him IE two up front with him next to another striker ? Not many teams play that way these days. Especially teams that have just moved up to a higher level. As a winger he's not a natural. He's the sort of player that can run onto the ball past people but not necessarily with the ball. He reminds me a lot of Matty Derbyshire.

The problem with playing two up front is that the only way we could play it is by playing 3 at the back and when we play that we usually look rubbish.

On paper the following team looks more than capable but they just seem to struggle with the system.

Raya

Lenihan    Mulgrew   Downing/Williams

Bennett                                                                               Bell

Smallwood                  Davenport

Dack

Armstrong                  Graham

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Burnley about to sign Joe Hart I believe 

Strange move they already have 2 decent keepers, wouldn't have thought it was a priority

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The problem with playing two up front is that the only way we could play it is by playing 3 at the back and when we play that we usually look rubbish.

On paper the following team looks more than capable but they just seem to struggle with the system.

Raya

Lenihan    Mulgrew   Downing/Williams

Bennett                                                                               Bell

Smallwood                  Davenport

Dack

Armstrong                  Graham

I agree with you on that one. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see that formation tried out at some point. I'm not a big fan. It makes sense of the pursuit of the Charlton centre half to make up the back three.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who is Ben Gibson ?

Middlesbrough CB, nephew of their Chairman.  Highly rated a couple of years ago so not sure why he's heading to Burnley. Seems they've failed with Dawson from Wba.