BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Not surprised to see some on here moaning already about Armstrong, after a poster said “99% would approve”. What do some of you expect? £10 million striker signings? If not then apply for a scouting role down at brockhall and advise TM who to bring in. Time to put up or shut up.

• Like 3

We are about to find out whether our budget is competitive or not IMO.  I like Armstrong and he definitely has the potential to develop - but hopefully hasn't swallowed our budget.  Can he play up on his own? -yes - if we play down the sides of the CBs like with Bellamy.   That said, I don't think he will start up front though.  We've been crying out for a pacy forward for years.   He will be a great option from the bench and I would expect him to be on the bench a lot up to christmas!

We still therefore need to sign another pacy attacking player (left winger I would say) and a Graham replacement - though can see this being a loan.

Both of those will need to be able to go straight into the team so won't be cheap.  Powerful CB would be a bonus.

I still think we will play a 4-2-3-1 which may merge into 4-5-1 or even 4-3-3 depending on the personnel used.

11 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Why no official announcement about Armstrong signing?

If he wasn't registered in time to be included for tomorrow then what's the rush?

The manager and team are in Ipswich preparing for kick off tomorrow.If he is  signed/signing then it will be Monday when it's announced .The social media team will be doing something with it Agentbenno

Midfield will be interesting this year.  We have an abundance of players there.   Wewill no doubt start of with Evans and Smallwood as the '2'. If Davenport is as good as rumoured, he should be able to force his way in.  If not, great opportunity for Travis.  Also the (admittedly unlikely) scenario that Whittingham has a swansong.

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The problem with playing two up front is that the only way we could play it is by playing 3 at the back and when we play that we usually look rubbish.

On paper the following team looks more than capable but they just seem to struggle with the system.

Raya

Lenihan    Mulgrew   Downing/Williams

Bennett                                                                               Bell

Smallwood                  Davenport

Dack

Armstrong                  Graham

There's no harm chucking a traditional 4-4-2 out now and again.  Last thing teams expect these days !  Get the best players out on the pitch and if they are intelligent enough, they should sort themselves out!

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

There's no harm chucking a traditional 4-4-2 out now and again.  Last thing teams expect these days !  Get the best players out on the pitch and if they are intelligent enough, they should sort themselves out!

Not sure where you fit Dack into a 4-4-2  though as he's not a striker and playing in a two man midfield would restrict him in attack.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, Joe Hart is shite. So Burnley looking at the following outlay 

Hart-3 million

Gibson - 14 million

Clucus-15 million 

That's what 30 million plus buys you these days. Crazy 

All I can say is thanks a ferkin bunch you Venky gobshytes..why didn't you buy Burnley.

We are financially light years behind that lot who are now massively in the black and self financing.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Raya

Nyambe.     Mulgrew.  Lennihan.  Bell

Bennett   

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not sure where you fit Dack into a 4-4-2  though as he's not a striker and playing in a two man midfield would restrict him in attack.

Play it when he's injured! Joking aside, Dack played in a midfield '2' for Gillingham.  Can play that role and does his fair share of tracking back.

I'm not advocating we go 4 4 2.  Just think it is a system that can still be utilised if you want 2 up top -without going 3 at the back.  Dependent on having decent wide men though!

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Burnley about to sign Joe Hart I believe 

That’s a really odd one. They’ve already got two of the four England GK candidates. Pope or Heaton must be on their way out.

Hope this one happens tbh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That’s a really odd one. They’ve already got two of the four England GK candidates. Pope or Heaton must be on their way out.

Hope this one happens tbh.

Think they are both injured, there was a news article the other day that they applied to UEFA for a special dispensation to sign a keeper for the Aberdeen game

Edit : Link

Edited by perthblue02

Gallagher would be the perfect striker to bring in and have a season under the wing of Graham then next season step out of his shadow and be the main striker. He has bags of potential. He like Armstrong is a striker, not a winger. For a young lad he did superb why here for rovers, got into double figures in a relegation side managed by coyle and I never saw less than 110 pcent effort. He would blossom into an excellent player for a club like us under the right guidance. People can read stats all they want. I know what I saw and the lad is a talent

• Like 6

4 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm still not sure Armstrong is quite good enough. I feel like he's too small to play up top on his own, hasn't got enough goals to be considered a second striker and didn't look comfortable on the wing to me. I'd much rather we where signing a genuine striker or a genuine winger.

I guess there must be a doubt, given his lack of goals and experience in the Championship. 

We'll see soon enough anyway..

I've just tweeted posh co chairman and asked if we are in for maddison, he liked the tweet with a love heart and then replied saying he doesn't want to confirm that and be accused pf leaking stories and he will leave it with barry fry. Therefore liked the tweet and didn't deny it, make of that what you will. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, AAK said:

I've just tweeted posh co chairman and asked if we are in for maddison, he liked the tweet with a love heart and then replied saying he doesn't want to confirm that and be accused pf leaking stories and he will leave it with barry fry. Therefore liked the tweet and didn't deny it, make of that what you will. 

It reads as a yes to me. 

10 minutes ago, AAK said:

Followed him for a bit and he’s not afraid of saying no usually. 

Would love it if we got Maddison. I’d written it off and you’ve got my hopes up again!

just seen it - do you mean the other bloke? Not MacAnthony? Ah well have no idea if he gives anything away

Edited by S8 & Blue

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Sounds like the Posh co-chairman just confirmed it, leaked a story, and didn't leave it with Barry Fry.

• Like 1