BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Everyone has been banging heads on transfers for weeks and refusing to blink. Appears newcastle have blinked 1st to raise funds and we may get arma on our terms.

Imagine all the transfres will follow similar one way or another early next week. Its gunna hot up fast now ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Thanks - we were wondering what your exact whereabouts were.

Thanks. Didnt know you care so much

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

I still feel like we're going to surprise everyone and sign Maddison this window.

Hope you right but I dont see it. I think its another 3 players. 

4 hours ago, JAL said:

Gallagher helped get us relegated last time round in the championship, so what did Sam Gallagher improve on, in his game last season chaddy, to warrant a return to our club. 

Rovers are going backwards with a Sam Gallagher in the team.

Kalinic left Rovers and fans have said he was a poor player now he has played 2 very good clubs in Italy and linked to Atletico Madrid now. 

I didnt watch enough of him last season as I was watching Rovers at games. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kalinic left Rovers and fans have said he was a poor player now he has played 2 very good clubs in Italy and linked to Atletico Madrid now. 

That’s all well and good but what we really want to know is... do you recommend MI: Fallout?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Tom said:

Would anyone take Lucas Joao as our forward signing?

Not been linked by the way just me musing, I couldn’t see it after he was on the naughty step with Mowbray but he has talent 

Certainly would, mentioned him a few months ago. I think he fits to what we are looking in a striker too.

Would be a terrific addition, lads got it all and scored a few last year in a weird situation. Rate him.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Good player awful attitude. I wouldn't have him back 

Was he one of the two photographed looking like two naughty school kids outside the head teacher’s office?

We wont have success in this league if its a talent contest. We will need to excel in other areas like team spirit and unity. We cant risk anyone that risks upsetting the team spirit this squad has.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you've no evidence to say Sam Gallagher has improved his game to warrant a return to Rovers for his mighty six goals last season. He's one we definitely need to pass on and as you've suggested if true a loan for Gallagher suggest Mowbray isn't convinced either, so why waste our time with his West Country lower league plodder.

As for Kalinic, Yeh, i'd welcome him back for a second spell unlike the plodder that is Sam Gallagher ....doubt Venky's would be willing to pull out the cash for Kalinic though.

Edited by JAL

I'd have Gallagher back. 

He's not going to be a world beater, but he's definitely good enough to be an option for us.

Another one to throw in the hat, Cameron Jerome. At Derby, not figured tonight and hardly at all in pre-season. 12 months left on his deal.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Baz said:

I'd have Gallagher back. 

He's not going to be a world beater, but he's definitely good enough to be an option for us.

Another one to throw in the hat, Cameron Jerome. At Derby, not figured tonight and hardly at all in pre-season. 12 months left on his deal.

At 31 I guess a couple of seasons. 

• Backroom

I think we have enough players who provide the same kind of qualities as Gallagher. I'd much rather we look at backup to Graham (a hold up type striker), a wide man and a centre back. Hell, I'd prioritise both right and left back over bringing in Sam Gallagher. Still think we're a bit weak in both areas should Nyambe or Williams/Bell pick up an injury. 

That's not to say I'd be disappointed if Gallagher was brought in, I just think we should be looking at other areas first.

15 minutes ago, JAL said:

So you've no evidence to say Sam Gallagher has improved his game to warrant a return to Rovers for his mighty six goals last season. He's one we definitely need to pass on and as you've suggested if true a loan for Gallagher suggest Mowbray isn't convinced either, so why waste our time with his West Country lower league plodder.

As for Kalinic, Yeh, i'd welcome him back for a second spell unlike the plodder that is Sam Gallagher ....doubt Venky's would be willing to pull out the cash for Kalinic though.

He scored 6 goals playing at left wing JAL...not saying he is a world beater but he clearly has talent and with the right coaching can certainly be an asset.

A separate point, we live in the world of stats, goals and assists. Read this interesting quote from Warnock on Gary Madine...

"He’s not going to be everybody’s favourite because he doesn’t score goals and he doesn’t do this or that and because we paid good money for him and he’ll have that to carry.

"But he knows what I think about him. I’ve never been happier with a signing. 

I certainly think people are too focussed on stats, Zidane for example is the greatest attacking midfielder I have ever seen, but he has only ever got into double figures once in his career (in the French league). Does that mean leTissier is a better player? An exaggerated example I know but you get my point!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baz said:

I'd have Gallagher back. 

Another one to throw in the hat, Cameron Jerome. At Derby, not figured tonight and hardly at all in pre-season. 12 months left on his 

What do you intend to achieve with Sam Gallagher.

35 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

We wont have success in this league if its a talent contest. We will need to excel in other areas like team spirit and unity. We cant risk anyone that risks upsetting the team spirit this squad has.

Disagree. The manager’s job is to get the best people for the job and to ensure that unity and team spirit. It won’t be a happy group for long if we keep losing games.

Talent is just as important as team spirit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, imy9 said:

He scored 6 goals playing at left wing JAL...not saying he is a world beater but he clearly has talent and with the right coaching can certainly be an asset.

A separate point, we live in the world of stats, goals and assists. Read this interesting quote from Warnock on Gary Madine...

"He’s not going to be everybody’s favourite because he doesn’t score goals and he doesn’t do this or that and because we paid good money for him and he’ll have that to carry.

"But he knows what I think about him. I’ve never been happier with a signing. 

I certainly think people are too focussed on stats, Zidane for example is the greatest attacking midfielder I have ever seen, but he has only ever got into double figures once in his career (in the French league). Does that mean leTissier is a better player? An exaggerated example I know but you get my point!

Did they pick him for left wing because they thought he wasnt good enough for down the middle.

Just like Samuel out wide ....... who gets paid to take on information 'ya noes'.

Samuel paid lots of money to take on board information mmmm...

Edited by JAL

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats a really poor post chaddy. No need for it at all.

He probably doubted us buying anyone because of our negligent owners. Surely you understand that. You keep telling people to trust the manager, but its a myth youve created, who said they dont trust him? The trust issues are solely with the owners.

Anyway, really happy to see Armstrong back permanently if the reports are correct. What happened to Zach Clough :o

Not a poor post at all. 

Mowbray said keep saying he has a good budget and we would spend some money. I don't see the owners being that much involved. They give Mowbray and Waggott a budget, now get on with it. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

So Maddison wasn't included in Peterborough's squad photo earlier today, Posh confirming that a new Championship club is in talks with him. Seems he's on his way somewhere. Would love it to be us but think it is unlikely, though once again their Chairman was happy to deny Wigan as an option but refused to answer whether Rovers were a possibility.

Mowbray likes players he has worked with or experienced first hand before like Rothwell, Armstrong, Payne, Samuel, Dack and Gladwin.

Maddison and Gallagher are another two who fit that description.

I would be happy with Gallagher coming in. Like Armstrong knows the club and squad and did quite well last time. 11 in 43 is not bad for a side that finished in the bottom 3. Like with Armstrong I would want a permanent deal as these lads need to put down roots, grow and develop at Rovers over a couple of years not continue a nomadic loan existence whilst never getting into contention at their parent clubs. 

And I don't believe for one minute that Southampton would expect 7 million for him. 2 to 3 million would probably be enough and is probably a good price in today's market.

interesting that. 

I agree with your views on Gallagher. I would be happy with Loan to view to permanent deal with a set fee already agree

3 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Why no official announcement about Armstrong signing?

will be announce on Monday now until Rovers sort it all out on Sunday. 

Waggott, Mowbray and Slivester have set off to Ipswich this afternoon with the squad. 

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Any updates @chaddyrovers - Film any good ?  Cruise worth his contract?

great film. very much enjoyed it

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

That’s all well and good but what we really want to know is... do you recommend MI: Fallout?

Yes

40 minutes ago, JAL said:

Yet again Jal, I already explained that I didn't watch last season as I was too busy attending Rovers games. 

How much of him did you see him? did he always play up front for them? 

I doubt Mowbray isn't convince by Gallagher, but a loan to buy next summer would be the best deal for us at the minute

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAL said:

What do you intend to achieve with Sam Gallagher.

You tell me JAL? You were the one saying we should bring him back a couple of months ago. Just seen you post that you doubt the owners would bring Kalinic back. Yeah no shit, no championship club would be able too afford him! What is wrong with you man? Please go back to Clarets Mad, you're a sad dingle wind up merchant and I can't be bothered seeing your rubbish on here anymore it's getting boring now :lol: 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not a poor post at all. 

Mowbray said keep saying he has a good budget and we would spend some money. I don't see the owners being that much involved. They give Mowbray and Waggott a budget, now get on with it. 

interesting that. 

I agree with your views on Gallagher. I would be happy with Loan to view to permanent deal with a set fee already agree

will be announce on Monday now until Rovers sort it all out on Sunday. 

Waggott, Mowbray and Slivester have set off to Ipswich this afternoon with the squad. 

Ignoring your naivety in terms of implying that you know how Rovers transfers work behind the scenes now, in terms of Venkys involvement. Venkys have plenty of history at pulling the plug at any moment. 

Your point makes absolutely no sense. You seem to have totally missed the point. Regardless of how the internal system works in terms of transfers, the important bit is the amount that Mowbray has to play with. He has no impact in that. The money isnt coming from Mowbray or Waggotts pocket. If Venkys decided to give Mowbray no money, then it wouldnt be Mowbrays fault just because he had the money last, it would be Venkys fault. Whether its Venkys or Mowbray having the final say is irrelevant. People dont trust VENKYS. People do trust Mowbray. Please get your head around that.

And it was, the smugness was needless. No one is implying that they dont trust Mowbray so please stop saying it. And everyone is happier if we spend more money.

• Like 2

@JAL I can enjoy your posts a lot more now that I get it’s a wind up.

You never answered Tom though... what changed from this to now?

C12DF1CE-FB32-44C3-B6E8-4CD727A73D33.jpeg

And who do you recommend we sign now?

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, JAL said:

Did they pick him for left wing because they thought he wasnt good enough for down the middle.

Just like Samuel out wide ....... who gets paid to take on information 'ya noes'.

Samuel paid lots of money to take on board information mmmm...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sam-gallagher-aston-villa-bcfc-14900531

A good and balanced view on his time at Birmingham.

No idea what you are talking about with Samuel!