BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, ewoodnews said:

Not asking much I think everyone in the league is looking for a player like that

Armstrong will end up being more of a winger as his height doesn't help him being up top

Height shouldn't have anything to do with it. There are plenty of forwards that aren't particularly big. It's about style of play. Arma's finishing is pretty clinical, he should be given time through the middle. 

Please can someone clarify. What happened regarding the Zach Clough was signing posts?  Also, why is Gallagher being constantly mentioned? Wasn't he 'valued at £7m and scratched off out list of targets? Thanks

20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

June: JAL wants us to sign Gallagher

Early August: JAL thinks Gallagher is wank

What did he do in that two months to go from hero to zero?

Think this just proves that you are a WUM and not a very good one at that.

Forget the Chaddometer, we need the JAL-o-meter.

It was actually 14 months. Where Tom pulled that one from I’ve no idea!

As for JAL’s opinion on Gallagher, once he’s told you who his agent is then it completely dilutes any comments he makes about the players ability.

On formations. Looks very much like we’re going 4-2-3-1. All this talk of wingers, it’s very hard to accommodate Dack in a traditional 4-4-2 system. This allows us to be a bit more fluid / flexible. The two wide men in the three can push up when attacking, almost a 4-3-3. Not wingers as such but wide attackers playing off the front man. Which is why we need another Danny Graham type I’d have thought. All imo of course and for the record I’d always play 4-4-2 (and to hell with fashion!) but when you’ve a player like Dack you’ve got to get the best out of him.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

It was actually 14 months. Where Tom pulled that one from I’ve no idea!

As for JAL’s opinion on Gallagher, once he’s told you who his agent is then it completely dilutes any comments he makes about the players ability.

On formations. Looks very much like we’re going 4-2-3-1. All this talk of wingers, it’s very hard to accommodate Dack in a traditional 4-4-2 system. This allows us to be a bit more fluid / flexible. The two wide men in the three can push up when attacking, almost a 4-3-3. Not wingers as such but wide attackers playing off the front man. Which is why we need another Danny Graham type I’d have thought. All imo of course and for the record I’d always play 4-4-2 (and to hell with fashion!) but when you’ve a player like Dack you’ve got to get the best out of him.

Ah...it was a year ago? Well still, point still stands. His stint at Birmingham does not look great on paper but I was told he was usually played wide. Besides, players will always do better at certain clubs as it depends on how well they get on with the group, manager and whether they fit the style of play. I dont care how well he did there and am looking at his time with us - which I thought he did pretty well.

Anyhow, its all irrelevant as we have not really been linked with him despite being linked for a loan move a few weeks ago.

Yeah agree that Mowbray does not really like out and out wingers it seems. I still feel we could do with one dynamic winger that can give us pace in situations when its called for. We had Chapman and even he was not used much but he was excellent when brought on. Him or Maddisson (both if i was being greedy) would be ideal as it gives us other options.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Why are we still talking about Maddison? We haven't been linked with him once!

Cos we want him. In fairness, being linked or not being linked doesn't seem to mean much with Rovers these days. We get who we get, and at most, there are a handful of days warning from the press.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Why are we still talking about Maddison? We haven't been linked with him once!

Because their chairman’s code has been cracked on Twitter.

Something to do with if he likes a post of a fan he’s signing for that club, or is it if he doesn’t like it, I forget?

:wacko:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, USABlue said:

I personally am not so thrilled with Gallagher.  I don't believe he is that good, seemed to me like he believed his own hype.  Maybe things would be different if he was here permanently.

This posh fella, I don't think we are getting him and does he really help improve the starting 11? is he an upper end of the Championship type player?

I would love to see a skillfull winger with oace that CAN cross a ball.  That said I do think the squad as it is now, with the togetherness and unity in the squad, can hold our own for a mid table finish.  Question is if we start out in a bad run hiw well does that unity remain.  Quietly optimistic for this season and that is so not me.

He definitely improves the starting 11, but true I doubt we’re getting him.

36 minutes ago, Neal said:

Height shouldn't have anything to do with it. There are plenty of forwards that aren't particularly big. It's about style of play. Arma's finishing is pretty clinical, he should be given time through the middle. 

Speedie and Dickov weren't particularly big either but they had a presence. They could play up front on their own at times because they were physical players who put themselves about. If you marked them for 90 minutes you'd know you'd been in a game. Armstrong hasn't got that level of physicality and I don't think he ever will have. If it's your nature  not to be that way out you can't really be taught it. He relies on stealth and good service. He doesn't wear the centre backs down. I played in every position on the pitch as a player at one time or other and without a doubt the hardest position to play is up front on your own with your back to goal.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Ah...it was a year ago? Well still, point still stands. His stint at Birmingham does not look great on paper but I was told he was usually played wide. Besides, players will always do better at certain clubs as it depends on how well they get on with the group, manager and whether they fit the style of play. I dont care how well he did there and am looking at his time with us - which I thought he did pretty well.

Anyhow, its all irrelevant as we have not really been linked with him despite being linked for a loan move a few weeks ago.

Yeah agree that Mowbray does not really like out and out wingers it seems. I still feel we could do with one dynamic winger that can give us pace in situations when its called for. We had Chapman and even he was not used much but he was excellent when brought on. Him or Maddisson (both if i was being greedy) would be ideal as it gives us other options.

I suspect he was played out wide at Big Club because he wasn't doing enough when he was given a chance to lead the attack.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Speedie and Dickov weren't particularly big either but they had a presence. They could play up front on their own at times because they were physical players who put themselves about. If you marked them for 90 minutes you'd know you'd been in a game. Armstrong hasn't got that level of physicality and I don't think he ever will have. If it's your nature  not to be that way out you can't really be taught it. He relies on stealth and good service. He doesn't wear the centre backs down. I played in every position on the pitch as a player at one time or other and without a doubt the hardest position to play is up front on your own with your back to goal.

David Speedie. What a player he was for us. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jimbobololo said:

KNOB

Don’t worry mate. Bearing in mind the added potential of racial / cultural connotation behind his choice of ‘ya noes’ he’ll definitely get ‘reined’ in. Watch.

PS - I actually prefer your accurate description. ??

8 hours ago, JAL said:

Openess ? Has Mowbray appointed Waggot the guy who #ucked our fans off from the Darwen end . The guy who's put us in this awful home kit. 

The home kit may well have been decided last year. It’s hardly worth getting upset about. It’s only one kit. 

I have met Waggot at the players celebration at ewood. I chatted with him about the club and he was genuinely open and honest about our prospects. I really like the guy and he has only good intentions for the club! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

You don’t help yourself mate but the abuse you’ve had to put up with since late yesterday has been pretty disgusting. Most of those posts appear to have been left to stand by the mods too, which is disappointing. Hopefully these will be picked up this morning.

If the hateful posts had been aimed at another member, there would have been some bans or at least sin bins handed out. At the very least the uber-positive posters would certainly have had one or two others wading in to defend them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is not entitled to spew personal abuse at others. We all like a joke and a bit of ribbing but let’s not make it personal.

I actually don't agree. Jal has been winding people up on here for years and is highly fortunate he hasn't been permanently banned. He is fresh off a 1 month ban and acting up already.

I also don't think the comments have been beyond the pale, bar one or two, they're just the usual fare many others have to put up with. He is simply attracting more of them because he is making such provocative statements. Intentionally, in my view.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAL said:

Openess ? Has Mowbray appointed Waggot the guy who #ucked our fans off from the Darwen end . The guy who's put us in this awful home kit. 

Give a rest Jal. 

Nothing wrong with Waggott. Done a good job so far. 

Both Mowbray and Waggott are open and honest with fans. That what we want. 

Why whats wrong with the home kit? 

9 minutes ago, Buckshaw Rover said:

The home kit may well have been decided last year. It’s hardly worth getting upset about. It’s only one kit. 

I have met Waggot at the players celebration at ewood. I chatted with him about the club and he was genuinely open and honest about our prospects. I really like the guy and he has only good intentions for the club! 

Second that

43 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I suspect he was played out wide at Big Club because he wasn't doing enough when he was given a chance to lead the attack.

It seems to be a thing outside the Prem these days to plonk strikers on the wing we've seen it enough under TM.  Maybe it's all part of trying to develop young players games a bit or maybe just to accommodate them in the side due to appearance related things in contracts etc. 

It's definitely a thing though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

So are we signing Armstrong, Gallagher, neither or both?

Put it this way if we signed both on loan we'd be stronger up front than we are at the min.

Not that you'd think so after a few mins browsing though ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I actually don't agree. Jal has been winding people up on here for years and is highly fortunate he hasn't been permanently banned. He is fresh off a 1 month ban and acting up already.

I also don't think the comments have been beyond the pale, bar one or two, they're just the usual fare many others have to put up with. He is simply attracting more of them because he is making such provocative statements. Intentionally, in my view.

Not on his own though is he?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAL said:

Last season at Birmingham City Sam Gallagher shaped like an out and out w#nker. Who in their right mind would have him now. ?

Play chaddy upfront he might do a better job talks a good game.

I share a lot of JAL's suspicions on these agent connections etc  but I've no idea how many players this guy is involved with at Rovers or if it's at a level to be concerned about. Certain things will never go away whilst Venkys are here I think it's something we just have to live with now, maybe a strong manager and CEO will finally sort the wheat from the chaff when players are presented up.

Whatever you know maybe you should just blurt it out fella, I would !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ewoodnews said:

Armstrong will end up being more of a winger as his height doesn't help him being up top

Yeah, it really held back speedie and bellamy and garner and gally and ...?