BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

And Michael Owen etc.

Problem is they all largely played in a front two, the game has now changed and few teams do.

So you just won’t see as many little strikers as you once did.

Edit - Great minds islander!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And Michael Owen etc.

Problem is they all largely played in a front two, the game has now changed and few teams do.

So you just won’t see as many little strikers as you once did.

Edit - Great minds islander!

If they do they've got to be exceptionally talented. I wouldn't put Armstrong in that bracket.

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I actually don't agree. Jal has been winding people up on here for years and is highly fortunate he hasn't been permanently banned. He is fresh off a 1 month ban and acting up already.

I also don't think the comments have been beyond the pale, bar one or two, they're just the usual fare many others have to put up with. He is simply attracting more of them because he is making such provocative statements. Intentionally, in my view.

To be fair, you’re a fair minded poster. But I wish that others applied the same logic to everyone.

JAL is absolutely NOT on the wind-up, he’s not a dingle, and certainly not some of the other childish names being dished our.

He’s one of the elder statesmen of the site and should be allowed to have his opinion. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder about certain agents and the motives of those who have dealt with them. He doesn’t help his cause when he doesn’t (or can’t) elaborate further. This isn’t a closed shop site, it’s a goldfish ball on a shelf that can be seen by anyone (by default at least).

He’s not blameless, no, and he isn’t always right, of course, but he is pushed and prodded regularly and folk turn the other cheek. Unlike the other end of the spectrum who have a justice league style defence network who jump in almost immediately. People certainly wouldn’t walk up to JAL in the street and say the things they do to him put it that way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Armstrong hasn't got that level of physicality and I don't think he ever will have. If it's your nature not to be that way out you can't really be taught it.

I'm minded to recall Martin 'Tiny' Taylor, and Souness's numerous inferences that he could be an England international if he added that elusive physicality, a 'nasty streak' if you will. If Graeme Souness can't drag that aggression out of you, it isn't there. And if it isn't there, it can't be taught. 

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I share a lot of JAL's suspicions on these agent connections etc  but I've no idea how many players this guy is involved with at Rovers or if it's at a level to be concerned about. Certain things will never go away whilst Venkys are here I think it's something we just have to live with now, maybe a strong manager and CEO will finally sort the wheat from the chaff when players are presented up.

Whatever you know maybe you should just blurt it out fella, I would !

It can be quite difficult to blurt certain things out in the public domain perhaps you can pm jal

Unfortunately a lot of managers are linked to agents some directly some indirectly it's now part and parcel of what was sport  now a billion pounds industry its when the area's get grey when the fans suffer sadly but if its not illegal.. Ah well.... Let's just enjoy the football 

2 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

I'm minded to recall Martin 'Tiny' Taylor, and Souness's numerous inferences that he could be an England international if he added that elusive physicality, a 'nasty streak' if you will. If Graeme Souness can't drag that aggression out of you, it isn't there. And if it isn't there, it can't be taught. 

Souness used to call him the ideal son in law

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Athlete said:

It can be quite difficult to blurt certain things out in the public domain

Indeed..

Doesn't matter whether it's true, you have to prove it's true. How deep are one's pockets.

Edited by toogs
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I share a lot of JAL's suspicions on these agent connections etc  but I've no idea how many players this guy is involved with at Rovers or if it's at a level to be concerned about. Certain things will never go away whilst Venkys are here I think it's something we just have to live with now, maybe a strong manager and CEO will finally sort the wheat from the chaff when players are presented up.

Whatever you know maybe you should just blurt it out fella, I would !

Here is a list of Rovers players agents

https://www.transfermarkt.com/blackburn-rovers/berateruebersicht/verein/164

Simon Conning's company is Crown Football and according to the link above the first team player he represent is Nyambe. 

I'm very sorry to other members who are bored or fed up talking about agents and Conning. Im getting bored of it myself

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom

I remember a few years ago when pretty much any mention of a certain JA in a negative context ran the risk of legal action for the site. Even more galling when we know most of those accusations were probably true. Still, with our current setup and management team I imagine agent preferences are the same as any other club. Most managers probably have agents they prefer to do business with and defer to for advice on availability, etc. It's only when it goes above the manager/DOF's head that it potentially becomes problematic. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Speedie and Dickov weren't particularly big either but they had a presence. They could play up front on their own at times because they were physical players who put themselves about. If you marked them for 90 minutes you'd know you'd been in a game. Armstrong hasn't got that level of physicality and I don't think he ever will have. If it's your nature  not to be that way out you can't really be taught it. He relies on stealth and good service. He doesn't wear the centre backs down. I played in every position on the pitch as a player at one time or other and without a doubt the hardest position to play is up front on your own with your back to goal.

Yeah played there too. Players like Aguero and Owen aren't particularly big or even physical but you have to play in a way to play to their strengths (OBVIOUSLY Arma isn't in same league). Through balls and balls over the top. With the sort of pace Armstrong has, defenders should absolutely haye it. 

I think Armstrong has a lot of quality. The goals he scored last year showed that. Good finishing, good pace, technically decent. I think he can be a success if we play to his abilities as others say.

Certainly deserves 10 games or so in the Championship to see how he fares before we write him off.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

To be fair, you’re a fair minded poster. But I wish that others applied the same logic to everyone.

JAL is absolutely NOT on the wind-up, he’s not a dingle, and certainly not some of the other childish names being dished our.

He’s one of the elder statesmen of the site and should be allowed to have his opinion. He clearly has a chip on his shoulder about certain agents and the motives of those who have dealt with them. He doesn’t help his cause when he doesn’t (or can’t) elaborate further. This isn’t a closed shop site, it’s a goldfish ball on a shelf that can be seen by anyone (by default at least).

He’s not blameless, no, and he isn’t always right, of course, but he is pushed and prodded regularly and folk turn the other cheek. Unlike the other end of the spectrum who have a justice league style defence network who jump in almost immediately. People certainly wouldn’t walk up to JAL in the street and say the things they do to him put it that way.

Isn't JAL a SHE? 

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here is a list of Rovers players agents

https://www.transfermarkt.com/blackburn-rovers/berateruebersicht/verein/164

Simon Conning's company is Crown Football and according to the link above the first team player he represent is Nyambe. 

I'm very sorry to other members who are bored or fed up talking about agents and Conning. Im getting bored of it myself

Not forgetting Simon Conning Consulting , which I saw in relation to a transfer deal in a totally different club last year. Crown football has one consultant called Peter Conning. No relation, I suppose!

My own  personal favourite  would have to be Julius Caesar Consulting with that marvellous strapline: "I came- I saw-I invoiced"

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

1 hour ago, Doaksie said:

Yeah, such a shame he was involved with that incident were he broke an opponents leg. I don't think he did much after that. It just wasn't his style. It probably affected him badly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not forgetting Simon Conning Consulting , which I saw in relation to a transfer deal in a totally different club last year. Crown football has one consultant called Peter Conning. No relation, I suppose!

My own  personal favourite  would have to be Julius Caesar Consulting with that marvellous strapline: "I came- I saw-I invoiced"

Simon Conning on companies house website

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07715797/officers

Crown football on companies house website

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07885456

Edited by chaddyrovers

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, such a shame he was involved with that incident were he broke an opponents leg. I don't think he did much after that. It just wasn't his style. It probably affected him badly. 

Eduardo..and arsene wenger acted like a @#/?

4 hours ago, Biz said:

In the time waggott has been involved we’ve done nothing but move forwards. It’s not simply his responsibility but to find a way to criticise him right now is just basic nonsense or (jalsense)

You are a fantastic example of why humanity isn’t ready for the internet.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Give a rest Jal. 

Nothing wrong with Waggott. Done a good job so far. 

Both Mowbray and Waggott are open and honest with fans. That what we want. 

Why whats wrong with the home kit? 

Second that

Don't quite understand the love in for Waggott. Feel like historys been re-written to imply hes almost a catalyst of our progression, he was appointed in December, when we were already flying and very much on the up (many games unbeaten if I recall), so I put everything down to Mowbray in that regard.

I've got no particular problem or strong opinion of him, he might well be part of a system that is working at the moment, im not saying Waggott out or any nonsense like that as that would be obviously unjustified but I dont really see any reason for the amount of praise hes being given.

That said, the only tangible things I can judge him on as overseeing, season ticket price hike, moving me and others from the Darwen End, increasing 1875 membership price, are all negative but presumably hes on a mission by Venkys to try and get more money from the fans. 

I'd like to think that those points wouldnt be described as "basic nonsense."

Mowbray on the other hand, has done plenty to earn my trust, and not because he is "open and honest with fans." Because hes done a very good job as manager. 

If Mowbray is happy working with Waggott, then fine by me but think the praise (and criticism at times) is overboard.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't quite understand the love in for Waggott. Feel like historys been re-written to imply hes almost a catalyst of our progression, he was appointed in December, when we were already flying and very much on the up (many games unbeaten if I recall), so I put everything down to Mowbray in that regard.

I've got no particular problem or strong opinion of him, he might well be part of a system that is working at the moment, im not saying Waggott out or any nonsense like that as that would be obviously unjustified but I dont really see any reason for the amount of praise hes being given.

Mowbray on the other hand, has done plenty to earn my trust, and not because he is "open and honest with fans." Because hes done a very good job as manager. 

If Mowbray is happy working with Waggott, then fine by me but think the praise (and criticism at times) is overboard.

Very measured imv

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think Armstrong has a lot of quality. The goals he scored last year showed that. Good finishing, good pace, technically decent. I think he can be a success if we play to his abilities as others say.

Certainly deserves 10 games or so in the Championship to see how he fares before we write him off.

I cannot believe this even has to be said!

• Like 1