BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't quite understand the love in for Waggott. Feel like historys been re-written to imply hes almost a catalyst of our progression, he was appointed in December, when we were already flying and very much on the up (many games unbeaten if I recall), so I put everything down to Mowbray in that regard.

I've got no particular problem or strong opinion of him, he might well be part of a system that is working at the moment, im not saying Waggott out or any nonsense like that as that would be obviously unjustified but I dont really see any reason for the amount of praise hes being given.

That said, the only tangible things I can judge him on as overseeing, season ticket price hike, moving me and others from the Darwen End, increasing 1875 membership price, are all negative but presumably hes on a mission by Venkys to try and get more money from the fans. 

I'd like to think that those points wouldnt be described as "basic nonsense."

Mowbray on the other hand, has done plenty to earn my trust, and not because he is "open and honest with fans." Because hes done a very good job as manager. 

If Mowbray is happy working with Waggott, then fine by me but think the praise (and criticism at times) is overboard.

And not a personal insult in sight. A great example to others that it can be done.

I completely agree on Waggott. There is no evidence he deserves direct credit so far. What he has ‘overseen’ is the list that you have posted, plus the home shirt and the shirt pricing generally. All of the good things that the club has put in place where before his time.

It could be argued that he has helped with the transfer budget but this happened last season when Cheston was here and Mowbray got his targets so I’m inclined to believe that Mowbray is the lead on those things.

Can’t think of one improvement that Waggott (or even the board) have made that has benefitted the fans. It’s been across the board price rises and cost cuts. It’s so minor but three season tickets in one envelope (sensible) with only one credit card sized fixture list between us (miserly).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think Armstrong has a lot of quality. The goals he scored last year showed that. Good finishing, good pace, technically decent. I think he can be a success if we play to his abilities as others say.

Certainly deserves 10 games or so in the Championship to see how he fares before we write him off.

No-one is writing him off and he will get more than 10 games with this fee! Or am I missing your irony?

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Do you have Rovers one? Sent it via PM if you want? 

I stumbled on a pdf. It is a massive document/ list of every player plus "intermediary" involved in a deal last year..not a list of every player's agent. I will pm it later,.....( if I can. I had to get help to copy the last excerpt!)

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't quite understand the love in for Waggott. Feel like historys been re-written to imply hes almost a catalyst of our progression, he was appointed in December, when we were already flying and very much on the up (many games unbeaten if I recall), so I put everything down to Mowbray in that regard.

I've got no particular problem or strong opinion of him, he might well be part of a system that is working at the moment, im not saying Waggott out or any nonsense like that as that would be obviously unjustified but I dont really see any reason for the amount of praise hes being given.

That said, the only tangible things I can judge him on as overseeing, season ticket price hike, moving me and others from the Darwen End, increasing 1875 membership price, are all negative but presumably hes on a mission by Venkys to try and get more money from the fans. 

Mowbray on the other hand, has done plenty to earn my trust, and not because he is "open and honest with fans." Because hes done a very good job as manager. 

If Mowbray is happy working with Waggott, then fine by me but think the praise (and criticism at times) is overboard.

Firstly, what love in? I just comment on the job he has done so far. 

Firstly, We have done a massive debate between us 2 on season ticket and the price so I not going over it again. my view is still the same. same with the shirt price aswell which I have no issue about

Secondly, on moving Rovers fans from the Darwen End, I can fully understand why it makes sense to move you and other fans from there. about 6 to 8 clubs will bring over 5k to Ewood Park like Leeds, etc. But also there is plenty of open spaces in other stands and it will created a better Atmosphere and singing sections aswell. 

The 1875 membership price has gone up by 5 pounds hasn't it? 

The family fun day out at Ewood Park was good from speaking to friends who went down and very much enjoyable. 

Yes Mowbray has been open and honest with fans whilst doing a good job and achieve his targets for the season and yes fans should trust him. He and Waggott have a very good working relationship

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Quite shocked at that list Stuart i was under the impression that every footballer was tied up to an agent ~?

I don’t think it’s been completed fully. I actually did a little bit of research recently myself but never got around to posting it - or the moment passed or whatever.

But it was interesting to see links with former players and speculated ones... just tried posting - give me a sec.

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Simple reply. Nobody is saying that he is the catalyst, you said that. I didn’t get anywhere near implying that either. Tony Mowbray is the main catalyst for the change in fortunes of the club. I replied to a @JAL post which is always a poor decision in hindsight.

I don’t think it needs pointing out that all of our best players have new contracts and last season we moved in a better direction. We’ve seemingly a better structure, budget and our transfer business looks sensible and gives me optimism. Forgetting the social media, events, community liaison etc - even transfer business is mainly wrapped up and under the radar for the first time in nearly a decade.

Its not difficult to be an improvement on what was, but at the same time it’s rather childish to pick out one or two of the more difficult decisions (moving Darwen end) or criticise for something like the kit design, which is subjective anyway.

It’s even more childish to defend that sort of nonsense content. You have no problem making a valid and well thought out point Roversfan99, so don’t defend content that’s merely a throwaway criticism based on nothing but a cathartic need to complain, not discuss.

See you all at 5pm (if we don’t lose that is...)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Quite shocked at that list Stuart i was under the impression that every footballer was tied up to an agent ~?

I don’t think it’s been completed fully. I actually did a little bit of research recently myself but never got around to posting it - or the moment passed or whatever.

But it was interesting to see links with former players and speculated ones... just tried posting - give me a sec.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, what love in? I just comment on the job he has done so far. 

Firstly, We have done a massive debate between us 2 on season ticket and the price so I not going over it again. my view is still the same. same with the shirt price aswell which I have no issue about

Secondly, on moving Rovers fans from the Darwen End, I can fully understand why it makes sense to move you and other fans from there. about 6 to 8 clubs will bring over 5k to Ewood Park like Leeds, etc. But also there is plenty of open spaces in other stands and it will created a better Atmosphere and singing sections aswell. 

The 1875 membership price has gone up by 5 pounds hasn't it? 

The family fun day out at Ewood Park was good from speaking to friends who went down and very much enjoyable. 

Yes Mowbray has been open and honest with fans whilst doing a good job and achieve his targets for the season and yes fans should trust him. He and Waggott have a very good working relationship

Was a figure of speech, and not aimed just at you, but in general, what tangible improvements can we definitely say, thats definitely Waggott?

Im not saying hes doing a good job or bad job, my point is that the only tangible things that hes done have impacted on me personally (and other fans) in a negative way, presumably under owners orders. Youve yet to give me a specific, tangible thing that hes done to warrant the praise you and others have given him.

I will say that price increases, moving fans from their favourite seats that dont affect you, and other general increases being approved by yourself doesnt really surprise me. 

Im sure he has got a good relationship with Mowbray, im not saying otherwise, but its similar to me say not praising Mark Venus, or the data analyst team, or the physios, I dont know what they have done personally, all of it is geared up to suit the manager and hes the one that we can judge based on facts and tangible things, ie results, signings etc.

The fun day was very sparsely populated from what ive seen, but stuff like that was happening even under Kean, things like open training sessions and the likes, of course supporter relations are important but its hardly as a result of Waggotts work that this has been recently introduced.

And lastly, again you are hurling the phrase "yes fans should trust him" about Mowbray down peoples throats, when no one has suggested that they dont, its getting a bit silly now chaddy.

(Former players)

* U23

[Linked]

Unique Sports Management

Elliott Bennett

Danny Graham

Amari’i Bell

Lewis Travis

(Tom Cairney)

(Rudy Gestede)

(Anthony Pilkington)

(Joe Garner)

(Alan Judge)

(Alex Baptiste)

(Matt Grimes)

(Josh Morris)

Major League Sports Management

Darragh Lenihan

Joe Nuttall

(Adam Henley)

(Anthony O’Connor)

Crown Football Ltd - Simon Conning

Ryan Nyambe

(Sam Gallagher)

(Luke Varney)

(Ryan Edwards)

Arena Sports Management

Craig Conway

Paul Caddis

(Tony Watt)

(David Goodwillie)

Base Soccer Agency Ltd

Dominic Samuel

Daniel Butterworth*

(Shane Duffy)

(Matt Derbyshire)

(Paul Gallagher)

(Leon Best)

(Simeon Jackson)

(John O’Sullivan)

SEM Group PLC

Richie Smallwood

(Nick Blackman)

(Stephen Warnock)

(Myles Anderson)

(Paul Robinson)

(David Bentley)

Transparent Management Unique Services (TMUS) Ltd

Bradley Dack

Giallanza Sport GmbH

Jayson Leutwiler

Omni-Sports Ltd

Sam Hart

Scott Wharton

Andy Jackson*

Lewis Thompson*

Hayden Carter*

(Conor Mahoney)

Key Sports Management Ltd

Peter Whittingham

(Harry Chapman)

(Phil Jones)

Platinum One Group - Danny Weber

Derrick Williams

(Jack Byrne)

[Erhun Oztumer]

Murdock Sports Management - Jackie Evans (Dad)

Corry Evans

World In Motion

Elliott Ward

(Mark Bunn)

(El-Hadji Diouf)

NSKY

(Marcus Antonsson)

Volenti

Paul Downing

(Jay McEveley)

James Grant Sports Management

(Jordan Rhodes)

(Tom Lawrence)

(Ryan Tunnicliffe)

Football Capital

Okera Simmons*

Triple S Sports

Joe Grayson*

Oliver Byrne*

(Danny Simpson)

(Alex Bruce)

Agent tbc

Joe Rothwell

Charlie Mulgrew

Ben Gladwin

(Liam Feeney)

Andrew Fisher*

Charlie Albinson*

Charley Doyle*

Joe Rankin-Costello*

Matty Platt*

Stefan Mols*

Lewis Hardcastle*

Lewis Mansell*

Tyler Magloire*

Willem Tomlinson*

(Jack Payne)

(Adam Armstrong)

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biz said:

Simple reply. Nobody is saying that he is the catalyst, you said that. I didn’t get anywhere near implying that either. Tony Mowbray is the main catalyst for the change in fortunes of the club. I replied to a @JAL post which is always a poor decision in hindsight.

I don’t think it needs pointing out that all of our best players have new contracts and last season we moved in a better direction. We’ve seemingly a better structure, budget and our transfer business looks sensible and gives me optimism. Forgetting the social media, events, community liaison etc - even transfer business is mainly wrapped up and under the radar for the first time in nearly a decade.

Its not difficult to be an improvement on what was, but at the same time it’s rather childish to pick out one or two of the more difficult decisions (moving Darwen end) or criticise for something like the kit design, which is subjective anyway.

It’s even more childish to defend that sort of nonsense content. You have no problem making a valid and well thought out point Roversfan99, so don’t defend content that’s merely a throwaway criticism based on nothing but a cathartic need to complain, not discuss.

See you all at 5pm (if we don’t lose that is...)

To clarify, im not of a negative opinion of Waggott, it was more of an attempt to open a more generalised debate, id concur that the things JAL said were presumably on a wind up, as is common, the kit comment being a case in point.

Transfer deals being done under the radar, even last summer before Waggott arrived, the deals for the likes of Whittingham, Smallwood, Dack, Chapman etc were very much all under the radar until they happened even then, so I've no reason to suggest that its Waggott who is necessarily ensuring that. With contracts, again id credit Mowbray with that, he said right at the start that he wanted to reward the players that got us up.

Personally, I think the ticket price and membership price increases are both things that Waggott directly oversees so are tangible things to judge him on, and things I think are a bit steep and conflicting with the aim of continuing the momentum and getting more fans back during this more successful time. That said, hes almost certainly been tasked with that by the owners. The Darwen End situation I felt was poor, that and the moving of kick off times, I feel that they are decisions he is responsible for whereby im not convinced his priority is appeasing the fans. For the Darwen End move, I think the old system worked, only moving us when an away team filled the Darwen End which is rare, however even if he disagreed, there was no communication, no plan or no alternative in that I know some Darwen End season ticket holders have made their own singing section in the Jack Walker, myself and a few others ive seen have moved to the Blackburn End, it just all seemed a bit disorganised, maybe a designated signing section. say promoting an intention to get the Blackburn End back to what it used to be like could have been better received, rather than just leaving the fans to figure it out themselves.

Overall however, I can see that whatever is in place, its working for the time being, that is for sure, hope it doesnt seem like I dislike him or I want him out, things are moving in the right direction and things should remain the same, im just unsure what hes done personally to warrant praise. If Mowbrays happy, then so am I.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was a figure of speech, and not aimed just at you, but in general, what tangible improvements can we definitely say, thats definitely Waggott?

Im not saying hes doing a good job or bad job, my point is that the only tangible things that hes done have impacted on me personally (and other fans) in a negative way, presumably under owners orders. Youve yet to give me a specific, tangible thing that hes done to warrant the praise you and others have given him.

I will say that price increases, moving fans from their favourite seats that dont affect you, and other general increases being approved by yourself doesnt really surprise me. 

Im sure he has got a good relationship with Mowbray, im not saying otherwise, but its similar to me say not praising Mark Venus, or the data analyst team, or the physios, I dont know what they have done personally, all of it is geared up to suit the manager and hes the one that we can judge based on facts and tangible things, ie results, signings etc.

The fun day was very sparsely populated from what ive seen, but stuff like that was happening even under Kean, things like open training sessions and the likes, of course supporter relations are important but its hardly as a result of Waggotts work that this has been recently introduced.

And lastly, again you are hurling the phrase "yes fans should trust him" about Mowbray down peoples throats, when no one has suggested that they dont, its getting a bit silly now chaddy.

Look at @Biz post. 

Mowbray and Waggott attending supporters days and interaction is a big plus for me. Don't even mention Kean at all. Waggott was talking to fans would you have seen some previous boardroom people doing that under Kean days here? 

Yes you saying you trust Mowbray so do it then and stop questioning whether we have money to spend , cos Mowbray and Waggott have said they have. They signing good players for the right fees

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at @Biz post. 

Mowbray and Waggott attending supporters days and interaction is a big plus for me. Don't even mention Kean at all. Waggott was talking to fans would you have seen some previous boardroom people doing that under Kean days here? 

Yes you saying you trust Mowbray so do it then and stop questioning whether we have money to spend , cos Mowbray and Waggott have said they have. They signing good players for the right fees

How did Waggott get on lobbing the FA about our women’s team being given a league place? It was one of the few plusses But was never reported (except via @Tom) on here and has seems to have died a death.

Just been watching Sunderland v Charlton.

Bauer looks like he could be a capable centre half at this level, good in the air, reminds be a bit of Duffy but not as lanky and annoying. 

Stand out player was definitely Aribo (think that's how you spell it)... Too good for league 1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JacknOry said:

June: JAL wants us to sign Gallagher

Early August: JAL thinks Gallagher is wank

What did he do in that two months to go from hero to zero?

Think this just proves that you are a WUM and not a very good one at that.

Forget the Chaddometer, we need the JAL-o-meter.

He went from being somewhere else to being a potential Rovers target.