BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

23 minutes ago, CraigF said:

Lukas Nmech and Patrick Roberts are not on the bench for City today, so it could be one of those coming on loan?

Seeing as we are linked to the lad from Hibs, it must surely mean that Travis is going out on loan and maybe if we can offload Whittingham to free up space and wages. Some poster on here mentioned that Evans has only got a year left on his contract (plus high wages) which might mean he’s off somewhere?

The next few days will be interesting..

Travis is shopping in Oxford ( Bicester village) today. These footballers don’t half like to travel.

Edited by markhayhurst

21 minutes ago, CraigF said:

Lukas Nmech and Patrick Roberts are not on the bench for City today, so it could be one of those coming on loan?

Seeing as we are linked to the lad from Hibs, it must surely mean that Travis is going out on loan and maybe if we can offload Whittingham to free up space and wages. Some poster on here mentioned that Evans has only got a year left on his contract (plus high wages) which might mean he’s off somewhere?

The next few days will be interesting..

I can't see Roberts coming here, he's got admirers in the prem. I really rate him I'd love him here but can't see it. Don't know anything about Nmecha to comment other than he's highly thought of at City. On evans I'd be delighted if someone took him off our hands, if we replaced him with Mcginn that would be unreal business. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Smallwood is fantastic at harassing and chasing players, but players at this level have that little bit of quality to produce a little bit of skill to sidestep him.

I haven't seen Smallwood 'chase' anything in 8 months, as that would involve sprinting.

Honestly, the only time I've seen him even attempt a sprint since before Xmas was after his goal at Fleetwood.

Seriously, watch him.

9 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Maddison signing is still rumbling along, his attitude is the reason he hasn't be snapped up yet. People need convincing. I suspect a gamble will be made either way before the window shuts. 

So Rovers are interested ?

If he’s got an attitude then he won’t be coming here as TM won’t bring in people who could upset the apple cart.

Surely everyone would be for McGinn coming in. Yes we’re relatively well stocked in CM but given he’d be head and shoulders above anything we have there it would be a no brainier IF we could get him. Hopefully we have a pleasantly surprising week.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

How the tables have turned. We’re discussing speculation after more speculation whilst the Dingles just dropped 15m on a Championship defender. 

Fwiw I hope McGinn is coming in and is better than some of the tripe we’ve purchased from the SPL in the past. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Yeah I'm not saying I disagree with you but my point is if Downing wasn't involved yesterday and then we sign a new centre back then he will just be further away from the first team.

Mowbray will probably use Williams if Mulgrew gets injured and this new centre back if Lenihan is out.

If Mowbray didn't feel Downing was good enough to be a stand in centre back at this level then he shouldn't have been signed on a permanent deal.Thats my point.He did well on loan not saying he didn't by the way but that was league one 

I expect he is on a low wage.  TM pretty much said at the time he wasn't sure he could step up to the champ but had earned 'a go'.

48 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

We have an Interest in Maddison, yes. Whether we persure our interest remains to be seen. Tony has reservations about his attitude. Big time charlie comes to mind. 

Cant see Maddison if he has attitude problem. Not what Mowbray likes in the squad. 

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

I also think we need to get Nyambe signed up! If I am not mistaken it is his last year of contract 

Nyambe is contracted here till 2020

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/july/nyambe-signs-new-long-term-deal/

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A kid on loan from City is not what we need to help out Graham. 

I agree 100%. 

So I think we are going to see 3 in this week including Armstrong. Mowbray said last week that we might see a loan further on into August. Hopefully we can bring in Bauer, Maddison, Armstrong and then a big lump to stick up front on loan.

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

So I think we are going to see 3 in this week including Armstrong. Mowbray said last week that we might see a loan further on into August. Hopefully we can bring in Bauer, Maddison, Armstrong and then a big lump to stick up front on loan.

Nuihu from Sheff Wednesday would be ideal, he starts for them and I think he bagged yesterday. Biggest lump in the league that guy he's huge.

• Like 1

Are we expecting 3 in including Armstrong or on top of Armstrong? If we could get a quality winger like Maddison a decent enough back up striker to support Graham and Mcgin I honestly thing we could have an outside play off chance. We do need quality tho who ever we bring in not squad players. 

Edited by TruRover

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Are we expecting 3 in including Armstrong or on top of Armstrong? If we could get a quality winger like Maddison a decent enough back up striker to support Graham and Mcgin I honestly thing we could have an outside play off chance. We do need quality tho who ever we bring in not squad players. 

I think it will be either 2 or 3 signings including Armstrong. but I think it will be 3 signings and I think all permanent. Loan after the permanent signing window has shut on Thursday at 5pm

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Nixon’s attempt at covering his tracks after saying we’d only be getting loans:

‘BLACKBURN. Venkys have had some profitable months ... so boosted Mowbray spending fund enough to do Armstrong deal’

He's such a cock. It staggers me people still buy into his 'journalism' 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Remember Souness bringing in Friedel and people saying why did we bring in another keeper and especially one who hadn't done much at Liverpool? Look how that turned out 

Yep I was one of those. It was only after his performance in league Cup final I finally admitted I was wrong and it was actually a masterstroke 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

At the very least this link with McGinn suggests there is money in the kitty.

Hopefully a good week awaits us. Confirming Armstrong tomorrow would set the week up nicely 

its always been suggest there is Money. Just listen to Mowbray interviews since coming back from India. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

its always been suggest there is Money. Just listen to Mowbray interviews since coming back from India. 

Yes but more than we thought. I'd resigned myself to Armstrong coming in perm a cheap centre back and then loans. 

I want a centre forward brought in but if finances also allow McGinn then I think he would be a very good signing 

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yes but more than we thought. I'd resigned myself to Armstrong coming in perm a cheap centre back and then loans. 

I want a centre forward brought in but if finances also allow McGinn then I think he would be a very good signing 

We really need a centre forward. We can't afford to spend the last half hour of every match without a target man for an outlet and what if Graham is injured or suspended.

• Like 2