BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

There Edwards rumours before he signed started from the same people that are now talking about Madison so its likely to have something in it 

Don’t worry mate. We’ll soon get told he wasn’t even a target. This is why clubs don’t talk about players until the deal is done.

1 hour ago, Bepeja43 said:

I've felt all along, a 10m TRANSFER(fees only) budget is a fair ask of Venkys for this level.. If that budget is being used for contract renewals of players already under contract, and wages for new signings, its not gonna go that far.. If it is the case, links to perm deals for the likes of mcginn and maddison are fanciful..

Been said all along by a few of us, the headroom off that kind of budget which maybe is the type they are looking at underwriting over the next few years probably only allows deposits and instalments of around 1 to 2 million. The down payments and instalments on Armstrong plus a decent loan might top it out for now until more room is made.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Ipswich getting Edwards and Madison , who are both known to be good to any League 1 fan with a brain, would be a huge coup for them. 

Hurst is a very good manager. His team ran out of steam last season but he had them playing well beyond their individual abilities.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hurst is a very good manager. His team ran out of steam last season but he had them playing well beyond their individual abilities.

Yet we nearly beat them on their own turf, without a new signing starting the game..

Maybe we'll be decent this season?

• Like 1

Just now, Bepeja43 said:

Yet we nearly beat them on their own turf, without a new signing starting the game..

Maybe we'll be decent this season?

But we didn’t. And no new signings able to start the game is a negative not a positive.

Here’s hoping!

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I think this week will be utter chaos. Let’s just hope we are in amongst the madness!

What was all that about Lenihan being a prem player in future after weve failed against a struggling Ipswich team.

Just now, Stuart said:

But we didn’t. And no new signings able to start the game is a negative not a positive.

Here’s hoping!

I think TM plans to introduce the new signings gradually, and if they are successful, then by rights, we will only get better.

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Ipswich getting Edwards and Madison , who are both known to be good to any League 1 fan with a brain, would be a huge coup for them. 

They will need to splash a lot of cash to get all their transfer targets, Kayden Jackson rated 2.5 mill by Accrington, Marcus Maddison 2.5, Jon Noland and Nsiala can't imagine Shrewsbury letting them go too cheap either. We will see.

I don't think Maddison is a target for us though and never has been. 

Here’s to hopefully a chaotic week on the ins front. What’s fascinating is that we really don’t know who the club are targeting but Waggott said he expected to shift 1500 season tickets so it better not be Clough, Beevers and Gallagher!

5 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I think TM plans to introduce the new signings gradually, and if they are successful, then by rights, we will only get better.

He can do it how he likes. He just needs to win football matches.

4 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Here’s to hopefully a chaotic week on the ins front. What’s fascinating is that we really don’t know who the club are targeting but Waggott said he expected to shift 1500 season tickets so it better not be Clough, Beevers and Gallagher!

Is there an article for this quote. I hadn't seen this one. Was it that he expects 1500 more season tickets as a whole for this season?

16 minutes ago, briansol said:

They will need to splash a lot of cash to get all their transfer targets, Kayden Jackson rated 2.5 mill by Accrington, Marcus Maddison 2.5, Jon Noland and Nsiala can't imagine Shrewsbury letting them go too cheap either. We will see.

I don't think Maddison is a target for us though and never has been. 

I do wonder if Hurst's transfer strategy will prove slightly one dimensional now hes at a bigger club.

He aimed at just signing lower league players at Shrewsbury which he had to due to the size of the club and budget.

Feel like you have to be a bit more open minded in the Championship.

Maybe im being a bit harsh.

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Don’t care if Maddison is Amazing if he is a bad egg don’t want him anywhere near the squad, we have amazing team chemistry and it shows on and off the pitch do t want anyone rocking the boat.

Sorry to pick you out, I know your point is hypothetical, but we need to be careful not to take tittle tattle on here for fact, the suggestion that Maddison has a bad attitude thats put us off is totally baseless.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do wonder if Hurst's transfer strategy will prove slightly one dimensional now hes at a bigger club.

He aimed at just signing lower league players at Shrewsbury which he had to due to the size of the club and budget.

Feel like you have to be a bit more open minded in the Championship.

Maybe im being a bit harsh.

But thats Ipswich market there due to wages and transfer fees. 

Selling Waghorn to Derby for 5 mil. He rejected Boro according to reports

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But thats Ipswich market there due to wages and transfer fees. 

Selling Waghorn to Derby for 5 mil. He rejected Boro according to reports

Maybe im being harsh like I said, but it just seems a bit close minded.

Look at 2 of their best players last season, Waghorn was signed on the cheap from Scotland, Celina was signed on loan to provide a spark. Dont have to only look in the lower leagues.