BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do wonder if Hurst's transfer strategy will prove slightly one dimensional now hes at a bigger club.

He aimed at just signing lower league players at Shrewsbury which he had to due to the size of the club and budget.

Feel like you have to be a bit more open minded in the Championship.

Maybe im being a bit harsh.

He also loaned Godfrey from Norwich who I like a lot plus Carlton Morris from the same club. Plus Henderson in goal was a loan player as well. 

A worry for me would be trying to rebuild the whole team in one go. At least we have a base to build from, Ipswich team seems pretty dismantled from previous seasons and also looks like their good left back Knudsen is on his way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briansol said:

He also loaned Godfrey from Norwich who I like a lot plus Carlton Morris from the same club. Plus Henderson in goal was a loan player as well. 

A worry for me would be trying to rebuild the whole team in one go. At least we have a base to build from, Ipswich team seems pretty dismantled from previous seasons and also looks like their good left back Knudsen is on his way.

Thats true, and why I think he should try and replicate such success in the loan market at Ipswich if hes skint.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe im being harsh like I said, but it just seems a bit close minded.

Look at 2 of their best players last season, Waghorn was signed on the cheap from Scotland, Celina was signed on loan to provide a spark. Dont have to only look in the lower leagues.

Hurst knows league 1 and 2 player market. Plus Ipswich scouts are at alot of under 23 games aswell looking at young players

28 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Don’t care if Maddison is Amazing if he is a bad egg don’t want him anywhere near the squad, we have amazing team chemistry and it shows on and off the pitch do t want anyone rocking the boat.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s was the lad that came in acting a bit cocky in ripped jeans and baseball cap judging by his Instagram. 

• Like 1

Expect business to really heat up tomorrow. It's gonna be manic week, there'll be panic buys along with winners and losers. We've got to make sure we're one of the winners.

Have got to say if Ipswich get Maddison on top of Edwards I for one will be jealous.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sorry to pick you out, I know your point is hypothetical, but we need to be careful not to take tittle tattle on here for fact, the suggestion that Maddison has a bad attitude thats put us off is totally baseless.

Haha I’m using it as a way to convince me not to be pissed off if we don’t get him! 

AWFUL attitude, whooooooo does he think he is????

1 hour ago, Bepeja43 said:

Struggling? They've only played one game..

Lets see how the season pans out for them then. With Harrison upfront definite struggle for me.

Edited by JAL

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Peterborough had a decent side..but the team seemed to run out of steam after 70 mins.  Probably due to the number of pacy players running out of steam!

They had a decent attacking side with Edwards, Marriott and Maddison. However they were leaking goals for fun as well.

Assuming Maddison leaves who haven't been involved in preseason they all have left. They have signed something like 15 new players so basicly a new team. 

6 minutes ago, briansol said:

They had a decent attacking side with Edwards, Marriott and Maddison. However they were leaking goals for fun as well.

Assuming Maddison leaves who haven't been involved in preseason they all have left. They have signed something like 15 new players so basicly a new team. 

Peterborough definitely know how to breed an attacking player.. Tomlin, Assambalonga, Dwight Gayle,Jon Taylor, Marriott,Edwards and Maddison to name a few in recent years! Remember when Gayle scored a first half hat trick at Ewood in a Murphy and Orr horror show? We should have known then to sign him! 

Evans will have them in the promotion mix. Peterborough a bit like Brentford in they have an excellent record of unearthing quality players who have been overlooked or lost their way, turn them into multi-million pound players, sell them off regularly and repeat the process again whilst still managing to compete in the league.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Evans will have them in the promotion mix. Peterborough a bit like Brentford in they have an excellent record of unearthing quality players who have been overlooked or lost their way, turn them into multi-million pound players, sell them off regularly and repeat the process again whilst still managing to compete in the league.

Time will tell , I think they have had a couple of years in the Championship or old Division 2 !!!  

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Hang on a minute , what were these Peterborough players doing last season ???? They did not make the Play offs..

Rest of team was pants perhaps? They certainly did not have trouble scoring goals as Marriot shows - perhaps these two wingers might have played a big part in that?

13 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

I challenge you to say something positive.

Anyone in for Nuttall is positive extremely positive!

Great cross from Williams for Bradley to tap in yesterday for our second.

Now thats challenging for the guys and gals who say the new Ipswich winger give him a roasting yesterday. 

But it's positive.

Edited by JAL

2 minutes ago, JAL said:

Great cross from Williams for Bradley to tap in yesterday for our second.

Now thats challenging for the guys and gals who say the new Ipswich winger give him a roasting yesterday. 

But it's positive.

Not really challenging . Williams was good going forwards but very poor in defence. 

Well Mowbray said last week that he expects 4-5 more incomings. If we assume Armstrong is going to be one of those, whenever that is announced, then we should be seeing at least another 3 in the very near future i.e. before Thursday. Maybe one will come later on in the loan window but would certainly hope there's Armstrong and another couple at the minimum in the building by Thursday tea time.

Edwards is the cheaper of the two as well, and how he demolished Williams either means he is a cut above or Williams really aint that good. Probably somewhere int he middle but if Maddison is what 5x the value, he must be something.