BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, Bepeja43 said:

We get there and have brought in nobody, then TM remarks there was money to spend, but not 'the right deals'..

Then IMO he's complicit with Venkys, and loses a lot of respect.

You aren’t the chap who was complaining about the Hull tickets are you? ?

I’d happily stick with the squad that we have now, than going out and buying for the sake of it. 

Edited by scotchrover

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So still no answers to very simple questions. Well Guess its no surprise. Time to put you on ignore again I think

JAL answered at least one of the main questions before on this forum a while ago, and the answer to the main question is also available elsewhere provided by a different person although a little harder to find since a certain website was taken down which you apparently read. So you should have your answer already.

Now I don't always agree with JAL's sometimes OTT criticism about certain players , and think the infestation that JAL hints at, is now tightly contained,

I will use what you have said when evading questions previously to help you get the answers,   search for it yourself!   

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

I’d happily stick with the squad that we have now, than going out and buying for the sake of it. 

Not many will be happy at being lied to about a 'competitive budget', in order to sell season tickets. You choose to be fooled, that's your choice.

55 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

JAL answered at least one of the main questions before on this forum a while ago, and the answer to the main question is also available elsewhere provided by a different person although a little harder to find since a certain website was taken down which you apparently read. So you should have your answer already.

Now I don't always agree with JAL's sometimes OTT criticism about certain players , and think the infestation that JAL hints at, is now tightly contained,

I will use what you have said when evading questions previously to help you get the answers,   search for it yourself!   

Infestation of what? Yes Conning company has one player on his books at Rovers 1st team level. Yes one. 

Nuttall isnt a member of Simon Conning 2 football agencies. So why is he so against Nuttall? Just like his vendetta on Nyambe all last season. Basically cos of his agent. 

Here is Conning profile on 

Screenshot_20180806-033157_LinkedIn.jpg

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

For a bit of balance Connings association at Rovers goes back way pre Venkys. I might be wrong but I think he was Sambas agent. That shows he can get decent players although Sambas departure shows the other side of it as it was a bit mysterious but fit right in with the times. Also his constant demands for stupid money was badly advised.

Bloody hell, didn't realise who he was till you said this. I met him in the woodlands when watching Rovers once, gave me a signed photo of samba, had a decent chat with him, seemed alright if a bit of dodgy wheeler dealer type. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Infestation of what? Yes Conning company has one player on his books at Rovers 1st team level. Yes one. 

Nuttall isnt a member of Simon Conning 2 football agencies. So why is he so against Nuttall? Just like his vendetta on Nyambe all last season. Basically cos of his agent. 

Here is Conning profile on 

Screenshot_20180806-033157_LinkedIn.jpg

Anyone that needs 3 different companies - essentially doing the same thing.-should set alarm bells ringing.  But hey ho. Such is the modern world. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Anyone that needs 3 different companies - essentially doing the same thing.-should set alarm bells ringing.  But hey ho. Such is the modern world. 

The logo is like Crown Paints logo

Edited by AAK

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

When you dig in the murky world of football agents things like that aren't uncommon unsurprisingly enough and a lot wee in the same pots even if it doesn't show at companies house.

• Like 2

4 OR 5 signings to be announced by Thursday evening. Lots to happen this week. Nothing confirmed yet. Should be interesting. Rovers certainly doing well at keeping things quiet if indeed we're close to making these exciting additions.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know Conning is his agent? Also why do you dislike Conning so much? Seen nothing from you to prove anything so far. No meat on any bones so far

Proof? Really? What are you going on about again

Nuttall agents are MLS same as darragh , nothing to do with conning 

12 minutes ago, afootballfan said:

Where's the figure of 4 or 5 signings come from?

Mowbray said on Radio Lancashire on Wednesday or Thursday last week that he could see another 4 or maybe 5 arrivals, but one might be back end i.e. late August when the loan window closes.

I interpret that as meaning at least 3 maybe 4 permanent arrivals this week. Armstrong may well be one so another 2 or 3 required.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scotchrover said:

No-one is remotely suggesting buying for the sake of it. Anyway, we already seem to have more than enough such purchases-Caddid, Gladwin. and others.

The point is that we have had enough lead in time to be able to analyse our squad, then select and bring in players to strengthen key positions, especially since we are now in a higher league.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hopefully 3 signings including Armstrong and we spend over 5 million pounds. 

Mowbray said he wanted 4 maybe 5 so that should mean Armstrong PLUS another 3 or 4 unless the goalposts have moved since late last week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bepeja43 said:

Not many will be happy at being lied to about a 'competitive budget', in order to sell season tickets. You choose to be fooled, that's your choice.

Interesting.

Actually, Mowbray's honesty has been crucial to me and many others.The faintest suggestion that he has been a total company man, merely covering for Venky's and spinning the financial message would be very damaging.

Personally, I would be very surprised, if that turned out to be the case....but what do I know etc

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

4 OR 5 signings to be announced by Thursday evening. Lots to happen this week. Nothing confirmed yet. Should be interesting. Rovers certainly doing well at keeping things quiet if indeed we're close to making these exciting additions.

I've never read or hear anything about 4/5 players in by Thursday? Maybe end of August?

I have read TM wanted 4/5 but does that include the 3 already in, 4 if Armstrong signs?

2 minutes ago, pomster said:

I've never read or hear anything about 4/5 players in by Thursday? Maybe end of August?

I have read TM wanted 4/5 but does that include the 3 already in, 4 if Armstrong signs?

No. He was as clear as he possibly could be that he expected at least another 4 or possibly 5 additional players in the building.

True, he didn't specify Thursday as being the point to achieve that but you would think/hope that most of those would be done by then rather than in 3 weeks by which time a lot of games will have passed by.

He did say one might be 'late on' which suggests that means later in August whilst the others will be sooner.

That target has nothing to do with those already in this summer and that interview was given before the Armstrong rumours circulated and Mowbray confirmed that deal was close after the game on Saturday.

• Like 1