BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Would be great to get Armstrong in the building today (or as quickly as possible) so that they can work on the remaining signings. This transfer window is going to be hectic this week across the board. 

On a side note - could we have a separate Agents thread as it gets quite boring and I would at least know which thread to avoid.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

From what Mowbray is quoted as saying in today's Telegraph it sounds like he would like Armstrong and another three players in before the end of the window.  Those four with the three already signed would give him the '6 or 7' he talked about earlier in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

From what Mowbray is quoted as saying in today's Telegraph it sounds like he would like Armstrong and another three players in before the end of the window.  Those four with the three already signed would give him the '6 or 7' he talked about earlier in the summer.

He also said something along the lines of not being surprised if we make a loan signing after the main one closes.

It would be good idea imo to do this, some of the fringe players in the premier league will not be sure as of yet whether they are to be suitably involved (especially u21s that don’t need to be registered to squads) in first team matters. Last week of August, the picture is much clearer.

Great news regarding Armstrong. We are now a stronger squad that last season and have some needed pace in the team. My hope now would be for 3 more permanent additions to the team this week with 2 having real quality. In an ideal world that for me would be Maddison and Mccgin, along with a striker who can provide back up to Graham. Maddison would give us a lot of quality out wide and Mccgin would take our midfield up a few notches, I feel our midfield is full of players who are at a similar low level championship standard, although I do think travis could go beyond that. Meanwhile Mccgin is prem quality imo and I expect him to end up there rather than us, but I can dare to hope. 

• Like 1

Nice to have Arma back, feel if that chance had fallen to him instead of Palmer at the weekend that he'd have buried it. Little man needs to step up and bang a few in for us. 

If we get a good quality CF then we could be in for a decent season. 

Edited by Neal

1 hour ago, tugay5 said:

Nuttall agents are MLS same as darragh , nothing to do with conning 

Exactly my point pal. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray said he wanted 4 maybe 5 so that should mean Armstrong PLUS another 3 or 4 unless the goalposts have moved since late last week.

Armstrong plus another 2 signings this week permanently plus 1 loan in before the loan deadline closer

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Great news. Good player

• Backroom

Armstrong is a £10m man with a good season behind him, loads of potential, worth the gamble for sure.

Actual cash money spent - hope for some nice surprises this week now 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

If we get McGinn that would be one of the best pieces of business in this league all window, if he was at an English club his price tag would be north of 10 million easy. 

Sadly, he'l end up at a prem club. Fingers crossed TM will talk him round

Well it shows the manager is being backed,  that's good.  Potentially a very good signing. What concerns me is how we fit him into the team. If he's just going to replace Samuel out on the right I don't really see the point, he's not a winger. If we plan to play him up front along side Graham , that's very brave on our part. No many teams play that way today. You wouldn't expect him to play up front on his own, Craig Bellamy he isn't.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 hours ago, Bepeja43 said:

Not many will be happy at being lied to about a 'competitive budget', in order to sell season tickets. You choose to be fooled, that's your choice.

Sorry? Choose to be fooled? I’m not a fan who spits their dummy out- obviously like yourself- when we don’t sign players for money. I had a season ticket last season, when we fell to the lowest level I’d ever seen us play at, and for many years previous to that. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well it shows the manager is being backed,  that's good.  Potentially a very good signing. What concerns me is how we fit him into the team. If he's just going to replace Samuel out on the right I don't really see the point, he's not a winger. If we plan to play him up front along side Graham , that's very brave on our part. No many teams play that way today.

At the moment, I'd play him in from the left like last season, swapping places with Dack through the game.

If we somehow signed Maddison too, then from the right.

Move him upfront when Graham tires out.

• Backroom

Anyone got super vision to work out the names on Moggas white board

first team and subs then other categories of players 

Large

Good signing and with Palmer replacing Payne and Rothwell replacing Antonsson were pretty similar to where we finished last season in terms of attacking threat. 

If we could sign one player for the remainder of the window a pacey winger needs to be the priority. We missed it all season last year. 

3 minutes ago, benhben said:

Good signing and with Palmer replacing Payne and Rothwell replacing Antonsson were pretty similar to where we finished last season in terms of attacking threat. 

If we could sign one player for the remainder of the window a pacey winger needs to be the priority. We missed it all season last year. 

Can't see a winger coming in at all. Mowbray clearly doesn't like them

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

Anyone got super vision to work out the names on Moggas white board

first team and subs then other categories of players 

Large

Wouldn't that line-up on the whiteboard refer to the game we've just played? In which case I could tell you exactly the names Tom!